What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Derek Rebka - Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derek Rebka

Unban Appeal for Derek Rebka 

In-game Name: Derek Rebka

Server: Discord

Steam ID: 76561199440123277

Ban ID: none

Reason given for your ban: c1.6

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: Being disrespectful as i was arguing with other people in the general chat as i said nhs are bad at their job and the main reason i think i was banned for was for calling someone a retard.

Why should we unban you ?: I apologise for my actions, I’ve got anger issues and when I get annoyed I intend to start coming out with stuff not thinking about what I say which I need to start learning when to be quiet and realize what I’m saying to people, I love the community believe it or not and I really enjoy role-playing in the server it’s a really fun server what I would love to stay in. I will think before saying something disrespectful to people and be positive about things instead of always running my mouth off to people which isn’t the best way to solve things as there are always consequences for that.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello there. 

So what exactly has riled you up so bad that you decided to call people names?

Hello, Thanks for the response. I was downed previous times in the server and had no response from the NHS, For some reason, I decided to go onto the discord server and complain about the NHS, This prompted responses like "why don't you join the NHS?", This ended in me being disrespectful and I started a discourteous argument. Looking back I honestly don't know why I have done what I did and apologize deeply for my actions. I enjoy playing on this server and have done something stupid that has affected my reputation, I understand that I am new to the server and have to build trust with other people. I want to ameliorate my actions and make friends with those I disrespected. If I was given another chance this would not happen again. Before submitting this appeal I had a look at the server rules and comprehend their meaning and purpose. The rule I broke was c1.6, this rule is a community ban and allowed a staff member to permanently ban me due to my actions. I can promise you that it won't happen again and that we can move on from my mistake as I honestly didn't mean any harm. If a similar situation occurs again I can now control and calm myself, This will stop me from engaging in any arguments/worse. This is my first ban and can only hope for a second chance, This will not go to waste. Thank you.

i know replying to your own comment usually results in my ban appeal being locked for 'bumping' but i just want to check if my response has actually went through as i havent had a reply for 6 days and seen that theres been replies made to other peoples ban appeal so im thinking maybe my reply to Sammy hasnt actually went through as i have replied also its okay if you lock my ban appeal for 3 days im just typing this to check if my reply has actually been made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Locked three for days for bumping.

If you can see your reply, we can too. Its just after New Years day, be patient.

Good Morning @Derek Rebka

Apologies for the delay in response to the appeal, Much going on over Christmas and the New Year! Hope you had a good one overall. Lets get into this, Now the rule you stated isn't the reason you we're banned from discord it was C1.2. With this in mind could you please have a look over the rules and quote said rule here and explain in your own words why you believe we have such a rule in place?

Now you mentioned a few people did say to you to basically join the NHS, Why did you retaliate the way you did? Did you ever think they we're trying to help you understand the role a bit more from doing the exact job the NHS do in game?

Hello Stuart, Hope you had a good Christmas and new year yourself. Now I fully understand the reason for my ban. The rule I broke was C1.2. This is a community rule that prevents discrimination and hateful comments on the server and results in a permanent ban. I believe it is in place to stop hateful and childish things being said to people that can cause mental harm to a person. Looking back I don't know why I was being disrespectful and offensive to the person I was talking to. During my ban, I have had the time to play on other servers and It has really reflected how good of a server and community RPUK is. I am not a disrespectful person and for some reason, I acted in a childish way to the person that I was talking to. Without this rule in place, the server's standard for RP would drop in my opinion as people would just make spiteful and harmful remarks to people. I can assure you that this won't happen again as I now think before I speak, this allows me to control my emotions more and keep me calm. I also understand moving forward that the word I said can cause mental harm to a person. This is something I want to prevent as I believe this is a great community and no one deserved to be treated that way. Like I said in one of my previous comments I want to make peace with the person that I offended and apologize to them as I honestly wasn't thinking properly at the time and they didn't deserve the response I gave them.

About the NHS incident, the same thing as before really. I honestly dont know why i retaliated and i understand that they were just trying to explain how hard the duties of the NHS are and that people of the NHS are there for RP, not a service. Moving foward i will have more respect towards the NHS as overall its RP and i expect them to have an enjoyable experience not trying to get to everyone. I also understand now that the NHS cant always get to everyone since there is much more civilians than NHS.

Indeed it was a decent one! 

Now with your response here claiming that the NHS are here for RP does contradict what you said in discord whilst on your rant, I'll quote what you said here "Mf yall supposed to be adults he’ll nah immature af". Now during this time I tried to help you understand the role of the NHS to where you continued to carry on your rant. So this leaves me with a question, If a Staff Member is also attempting to help you understand, Why do you think it would be in the right interest to go ahead and be abusive towards others in the community? 

The one thing looking at the above statement is you don't know why this was done. Whilst you have stated it won't happen again, Without knowing the reasoning behind this how can we be sure it won't if we do offer you another chance to return? 

How can I be sure you won't get upset or annoyed one day and go off again on discord or worse, In game?

I have had a stark and very much-needed reality check from this situation and I will never insult or verbally abuse anyone associated with roleplay UK again or absolutely anyone for that matter, whether on discord or other communication points. I have a few friends who will now help keep me in check, although I doubt I will have another outburst after my aforementioned reality check. I appreciate the staff taking so much of their time to negotiate this ban appeal with me so thank you <3.

Whilst that is good to hear that you have friends that you can lean on for support it somewhat doesn't really answer one of my points above that I would like answered please. 

If a Staff Member is also attempting to help you understand, Why do you think it would be in the right interest to go ahead and be abusive towards others in the community?

Hello there! thanks for the reply,

As i say i don't know what made me be violent towards people and staff even though they may have just been trying to help, but the way some people put their opinions out there, to me it was like they were being cocky about it and on that day i think it might of been the day i was having a rough time so i couldn't be bothered with anyone at the time. I understand violence isn't accepted and the way i went on shouldn't of happened i also agree i'm in the wrong and i know i don't have the right to be selfish and be violent to anyone especially when getting help from people so ill be very apologetic for it and kindly ask for a second chance to redeem myself and show the community how good of a guy i can be to get along with.

Very well, I'll give you another chance however I do hope it's not taken for granted. I do believe you understand what you did wrong and understand people we're trying to help you or educate in that aspect. Now it should go without saying, If someone is trying to help you or in this case mentioned for you to join the NHS overall to understand the work they do and why they are there, The last thing to do is lash out. Try seeing it from a different point of view as often you will understand why things are being said. 

You will be able to rejoin the discord now that I've just unbanned you but as mentioned don't let me down with this chance. 

Unbanned!

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back