What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - DonnyDonald - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donny

Donator
Donator
Los Santos Police
Unban Appeal for DonnyDonald 

In-game Name: Donny Ronald

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198121574496

Ban ID: !!rpuk11664!!

Reason given for your ban: G3.1 Forum Report

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: (G3.1) OOC Information - Using out of character information to influence the course of roleplay is considered metagaming and punishable by a ban. This includes but is not limited to: Twitch Streams, forum information and Steam messages. https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/144242-report-a-player-bwilliams-dronald-gta-rp/#comment-822271

So I have taken some time to try and understand people's perspectives on this situation especially those that are most affected.
On the day of the incident I was sat in teamspeak having been playing EFT and decided I had had enough of this looked to join the server. Whilst in teamspeak I heard what had been occurring in the server via teamspeak and made a stupid joke about doing a "hopon squad" action. Whilst I always intended on joining the server I have fully reviewed all the evidence provided and other players perspectives and can see how this opinion of a rule break was formed and how my own actions in turn reflected this.
Whilst I never intended to break a rule on the grand scheme of things it does appear that I broke the OOC info rule. I didn't log in with the intention of dealing with that situation but I was aware of it and of course had an unfair advantage but I did not know the full ins and out of the situation. It's not a rule I consciously chose to break but it is something that I accept and that my actions, although naive led to a poor experience for a handful of people.

Whilst I agree that my ban is fair from the evidence provided I do disagree with certain things, for example here being accused of knowing other people were logging into the server and waiting for them to do so: https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/144477-compensation-request-valianted-gta-rp/#comment-822274

Why should we unban you ?: I did not intend to break any rules, however, I understand that my behavior was classified as metagaming, and I fully accept the consequences of my actions, although I currently disagree with parts of the ban reasoning I am always open to learn and have always hold myself accountable for my own actions. I am aware of the importance of fair play and respect for others in online gaming communities, and I failed to uphold these values in this instance.

I have been a member of this server for 1000 hours and I honestly believe I have always been a fair and responsible player. This ban is a humbling reminder of the impact our actions can have on others and the importance of following the rules. For those that have spoken to me OOC as part of a liaison will know that I will accept learning points and try and act on them as well as doing the same for other people. Taking the points from the report and the other players perspectives it has been a positive learning experience.

Please know that I am committed to making things right and ensuring that this does not happen again in the future. I understand the trust that has been placed in me as a member of the community roleplaying in a whitelisted faction and I am committed to regaining that trust through responsible and respectful gameplay. I have put a lot of time into playing the server, mostly maining as my police character which has come across the vast majority of crims and in many instances known by name.

Some of the actions I would take to avoid a further rule break in this situation is:
- Not to join, talk or listen into TeamSpeak on the time up to joining the server.
- Not to make crude jokes and inadvertently take action on situations which I am aware of OOC - instead try my best to remove myself from them.

Again I apologise to 'Valianted' and his friends for my actions and I hope that I can provide a positive roleplay experience to them in the future.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Hello @DonnyDonald

In your time here which has been a good while now, you have kept your nose clean. I do somewhat believe that this is just a judgement error however for me this is one of the most basic but also one of the most serious rulebreaks you can do. It is completely unfair on everyone else involved and quite selfish too. 

How are we to trust you going forward when this is actually quite a hard rule break to catch people breaking?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

It was a great error of judgement on my part mixed in with some ignorance to the whole situation. Looking back on it I shouldn’t have logged on and in all honesty did not do it in bad faith. I was planning on logging on but it was wrong of me to do so in that moment having learned that information ooc and knowing I would more than likely have gotten involved in that situation with ooc knowledge. In hind sight I should have just logged in when I joined the TS instead of lingering around in the VC or not have logged in at all after learning what was going on in the server for some time until any form of advantage I had or would have given would be mitigated.

I know what I did was wrong and I have learnt that now through this experience. 

I would say that my record aside from this shows a lot. I’ve always shown respect to people (ooc I know in character I mouth off to some annoying crims and some more) and tried to learn when I have done something poorly so that next time it is better for everyone. I don’t believe my name would be associated with someone who looks to cause trouble or drama. 

I wouldn’t do this again knowing what I know now having reread the rules and the fair ban page. I’m sure if you were to look at my connection lengths/police records (as I main police) you would see that when I log on I log on to play the game and not to just deal with one situation by hopping on and helping my friends in one situation.

I enjoy playing on the server and going forward as I have done in the past never seek to jeopardise that again over breaking simple and easy to follow rules.

This is a lesson learnt that I will take forward given the opportunity to do so.

I do believe you and i hope this is a error in judgement. Either way, you have had your chance now. So please do not get involved in this kind of thing in the future but as of now i will be unbanning you. 

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back