What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Doom561 - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unban Appeal for Doom561 

In-game Name: Ivan Semenov

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198035939430

Ban ID: !!rpuk15962!!

Reason given for your ban: (1.7) Chat Ban/Common Sense - As a Roleplay game, every situation is different and not everything can be detailed within these rules and so it is important to remember this is an adult community and some things simply come down to common sense.

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: For using an inappropriate word within a groupie message.

Why should we unban you ?: Firstly, I’d like to apologize for my actions and lack of judgment in the comment I made in Groupie. To give context, the comment was not meant in an offensive or derogatory term, but instead was a “nod” to a joke made OOC by a friend of the group (who doesn’t play on the server) who lives overseas regarding the unbanning of our friend Bill. In the heat of excitement for him being back and without any thinking, I typed and sent the message, without really considering its potential consequences. I’d like to clarify that this comment does not reflect mine or my character's views. I come from a very culturally and ethnically diverse family and understand the impact certain phrases can have, but I can say with 100% certainty, this was not meant in an ill mannered way.

This is my first ban and to say I’m disappointed in myself would be an understatement. I hope that I can be given a chance to return and I appreciate the time any staff member spends reviewing my appeal.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Good morning @Doom561! 🙂

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your friend Bill was unbanned here, and you typed the message we're both aware of in the group chat? 

Good morning Danoo,

Thank you for taking the time to reply, it is gratefully appreciated!

You are indeed, unfortunately, correct. Bill had messaged in the groupie earlier before I sent ‘the message’ saying hello. He decided to RP that he had been in a coma and had just woken up. I believe there was a bit of back and forth between other members before I responded. Disappointingly, the excitement got the better of me and without thinking, I just sent the first thing that came to mind.

Thanks for the response @Doom561! 🙂

I do like the roleplay story he decided to go with - credit to him for that! 
I must ask, is this a word you use frequently? If it was the "first thing" that came to your mind surely I'm going to see a repeat of this eventually? 

Good evening @Danoo!

Likewise, I hope you have had a good day.

Maybe that wasn’t the best way of phrasing it from my side. To give context, one evening during the time Bill was appealing, we were in a voice call and one of our friends joined, who is African/British, he doesn’t play GTA, so after explaining what was going on, he responded with a phrase similar to what I wrote. Coming from him and his voice had all of us and him in laughter. When Bill responded in the Groupie, that phrase came to mind and hence why I wrote what I wrote. It’s not a part of my vocabulary, nor is it something I’ve ever said.

I can assure you, you would not see me here again for that reason, nor hopefully any other reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for clearing that up @Doom561!

Had you not read the rules prior to this ban, surely you'd know a word such as this would be a breach of server rules? 

Hi @Danoo,

I have read the rules and more importantly I have read them again since being banned. This was a short sighted lapse in judgment on my part. Although I can’t change what has happened, I can ensure it won't happen again. A lesson has been learnt.

Let's say you're given another chance to return to RPUK.....

What character(s) are you going to create and play?
What quality roleplay can you provide here?

Hi @Danoo,

Thanks for the reply.

I’d continue to develop my character Ivan Semanov and the ongoing storylines he has within The Occult, both internally, with other characters in the city and with the police. I’m confident that the level of RP I provide on Ivan is exactly what RPUK is about. I have another character, Phuc Mai-Yu, who is part of the “Changs” and is employed by Weazel news. This character has had some interesting RP, but at the moment is taking a backseat as the storylines within The Occult are developing fast.

Again, I apologize for my actions and hope to be given a second chance.

Good afternoon @Doom561, thanks for the response.

You've been here since May 2023, some would say that it's enough time for you to be fully aware of this rule by now.
I can't lie - It's extremely concerning that you've still managed to breach it.

Overall, this is the first ban you've received since joining therefore I am willing to give you a second chance on the server. Please, do not waste the chance I'm giving and throw it back in my face...
As per the FBS, any ban you receive within the next 6 months will be a permanent taking you right back here.

UNBANNED

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back