What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - drillerdan2 - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

drillerdan2

Unban Appeal for drillerdan2 

In-game Name: Dan McArthur

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198072871723

Ban ID: !!rpuk8123!!

Reason given for your ban: C2.3

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned because of combat logging. I had a shoot out with marabunta after I robbed one of their members this then lead to me being chased and shot at. I then fell of my bike and another member of marabunta fell of his bike at the same time, when I got up I shot him (he was on the ground) but for some reason my bullets did no damage and from his video it looks like I'm not shooting. He then gets up and hit me with a crowbar and I then combat logged out of frustration with the glitched bullets.

Why should we unban you ?: I have been banned since 18/03/22 this has giving me time to think why I combat logged and how combat logging can ruin peoples fun. I have had it happen to me too many times to count so there is no excuse for why I thought I could do it. As this is my first perma ban and it has been so long since it happened I believe I should be given a second chance. I do feel remorse as I don't like to ruin peoples fun it was an in the moment thing out of frustration that wont happen again. In my time on the server I provided high quality RP and had been involved in some impactful storylines. I would appreciate another chance on the server to prove I can be a valued member of the community again.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Good Morning @drillerdan2

Indeed it's been a good few months since this ban was placed so lets get into this, If there was something wrong where someone wasn't taking any damage does that really give you the right to break server rules?

You was tagged within the forum report, Is there a reason you decided not to give your version of events in that situation? 

Hi Stuart 

No I do not have the right as my actions stopped a potential story forming and ruined the fun of the people involved. As for not responding on the report the whole situation was my mistake and I thought the report was very cut and dry. I believed that if I said the bullets did no damage it wouldn't of mattered as I still combat logged and broke the server rules since its not a valid reason for my actions I did not reply.

Morning Dan, 

Whilst it's understandable the way that you could look at reports is it's an extended conversation with the opportunity of staff intervention in that sense, Whilst I understand your reason for not commenting as you indeed did break a rule, At times talking it out does help. 

Can you quote the rule you broke to get you here and explain in your own words why we have such a rule in place? 

Lets say you find yourself in a similar situation down the line, What would you do?

@drillerdan2Please respond soon or the appeal will be timed out.

Sorry for the late delay I have been very busy.

The rule I broke is "(C2.3) Combat logging - Logging out at any point during RP is exploiting. Some examples of this include: logging out during a firefight, being chased by the police, arrested by the police, while dead awaiting a medic, logging out in order to save gear, rage-quitting, logging out whilst restrained/detained. Punishment is a permanent ban. Staff can make an informed decision depending on if you’ve made an attempt to resolve the issue. We do suggest you attempt to rejoin the server and continue the roleplay (try messaging them with the mobile system first).". 

If I was to find my self in the same situation I would just roll with what happened and just move on to do other things on the server.

With that in mind I'm willing to give you another opportunity however this does come with a condition. Since you did indeed combat log from the situation that could of played out and who knows what would of happened, Maybe you'd of been saved, Maybe robbed, Maybe respawned ect.... There are many ways this could of played out, So based on this the condition for an unban will be you will receive a inventory wipe, Meaning items on yourself such as weapons ect will be removed. Do you agree to this?

No problem! 

I've gone ahead and requested this however this will take some time to be completed, However once it's been completed we will update you and push forward with the appeal and process the unban. 

Good Morning @drillerdan2

The wipe has now been completed as mentioned everything that was in your inventory before has now been removed. As such you will be receiving an unban into the server, However keep in mind what we have talked about here, How you conducted yourself and what to do should an issue like this or similar happen down the line. If for some reason you do find yourself banned within the 6 month period you will indeed land right back here to us (Fingers crossed that doesn't happen) as I believe you've learned from what you did, However should you find yourself back here within this period it won't be as straight forward as it was this time around.

Learn from this experience and enjoy your time back in the community!

Unbanned!

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back