What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Emil Petersen - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emil Petersen

Unban Appeal for Emil Petersen 

In-game Name: Emil Petersen

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198009441417

Ban ID: !!rpuk14027!!

Reason given for your ban: I did said something bad as part of my RP, but then had second thoughts and wanted to ask if what i said was "okay" so therefore i broke RP for a short moment
G2.3, C1.2

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned because I said something which was not allowed even though it was part of my RP as I was being taken away for torture. I then proceed to ask if the following I am saying is "ok?" which does make me break RP for a short moment to ensure everyone is enjoying this great RP enactment.

But I don't get a response. okay, so I proceed with the RP and as they torture me and chip my tongue I even start talking with a lisp. I am fully committed to the RP yet I am new in the city and therefore did not quite understand that my actions would have this big of an impact. I am sorry and do regret it a lot, but I don't have access to the clip that was posted when the report was being made If the video shows the true extent you will see that my RP was fully immersed. I understand using the word "fagget" is not acceptable and should never be said. Yet in the heat of the moment of me fully acting in RP, as someone who was about to be tortured for messing with another gang it slipped. 

Why should we unban you?: I hope as this is my first offence that you can reduce my ban so it's not permanent. I understand completely that what I did was unacceptable and therefore don't ask of you to let me go unpunished. But soon it has already been 24 hours where I have been banned. I have experienced people quickly stopping RP before to either explain something to me or help me. (as I am new) Therefore I thought it would be okay to ask the Marabunta bois whether the following I was saying was ok. I hope you will understand that in my head being taken away to torture naturally in an RP'ing world would lead to several bad words being slung out, I myself would not sit idle were it to happen to me. So I only ask of you to reduce my sentence, but naturally keep in mind that next time it will result in a perma ban. I love the server and I feel as if I have made strong connections and new friends already. Furthermore, I see my actions on RPUK as valuable after me and my friends started a new gang "D.I.G" We are pretty well known by now and therefore I think I made a good contribution to keeping the city alive and thriving. Also, I will in the future help guide new players along the rules, should I experience someone doing the same things I did. I know myself well enough and my virtues in the real world, that I would not have a problem making sure this never happens again. I think my understanding of the rules, was to some extent a bit blurry about where and how far you can go with your RP. I read them again for the third time tonight and do see now that I was in the wrong. But I hope to be able to come back since I have grown so fond of the city and all the different individuals performing such amazing RP. I do believe in second chances and therefore I hope you guys do as well 

Sincerely - Emil (Danish International Gang)

Eddit - Spelling 

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly, thanks for the detail, effort and using the edit function instead of bumping. It is really refreshing to see an appeal put together better than most.

This is the report fyi

What is your roleplay story here? What do D.I.G hope to achieve as well as yourself?

Hey Liam

Thank you, I do really enjoy being on the server therefore I naturally want to showcase this in the appeal. 

What I hope to achieve with my roleplay and D.I.G is to become an established gang, establish business relations with the other gangs, and then see where time takes us. I have made a post on "Gangs" where I will try and update the community on our journey! As I wrote in my post on "Gangs" my story goes as follows: Me and my mates migrated from Denmark to establish our new empire in the UK, This is our consistent story and we have every intention to follow this narrative. It brings both me and my friends great joy to act this story out, and right now we are in a great position, with good connections and a trustworthy rep all around the city. Some might say we are lurking in the dark, waiting for the right time to spring up as a formidable gang. But Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was nor will D.i.G. 

- Emil

Thanks for the explanation.

Do you often call people derogatory terms? Albeit, you asked if it was okay to do so but what led you to that decision?

Thanks for the explanation.

Do you often call people derogatory terms? Albeit, you asked if it was okay to do so but what led you to that decision?
Your welcome Liam and thanks for responding in a mannerly time!

Nope, as stated my virtues in the real world and online are what I would consider good. It was pure RP and I strongly dissociate myself from this kind of behavior and language.

My reason for asking if it was okay, was I immediately understood the word's derogatory meaning and harmfulness to the community. Thereby I would make sure none had taken offence. As told in my statement I did not get an answer, so I proceeded with my RP. 

I'm more than willing to come on TS to further explain if it makes it easier for you and your time.

TS is not needed, as I do not have a headset until tomorrow night (Thanks Bowen).

Anyway,

Please do the following for me:

• Quote the rule you broke, as it appears on the rules page
  • Explain the rule, in your own words
  • Explain the damaging effect derogatory terms can do to our players

TS is not needed, as I do not have a headset until tomorrow night (Thanks Bowen).

Anyway,

Please do the following for me:

• Quote the rule you broke, as it appears on the rules page
  • Explain the rule, in your own words
  • Explain the damaging effect derogatory terms can do to our players
I understand

First rule broken: (G2.3) Roleplay Everything - You must remain in character at all times, unless a uniformed Admin authorises you to speak out of character.

This rule tells one must always be in character and follow his narrative whatever that might be. Thus also following other people's narrative ie. being stopped by police, and then acting accordingly to that scenario. This ensures a pleasant experience for all players and gives the best sense of actually immersing oneself in the scenario.

I ruined my own and other people's experience since I broke character, this made the whole story that was unfolding seem effortless and tame. The greatest thing about RP is that every moment can seem like something from GTA's main story, although this requires all individuals to fully immerse themself into the story/narrative. 

(C1.2) Discrimination - Do not express discriminatory or otherwise offensive views. This is no place for racism, religious hatred, ageism, sexism, homophobia, gender or disability discrimination. - Permanent ban.

This rule indicates that one must never use any form of derogatory slurs, even though C1.2 doesn't state that also includes all RP scenarios, one must enforce this rule under any circumstance. Also, this rule should be upheld by all players and if one should experience another player breaking this rule, action should be taken immediately.

I don't know the individuals behind the screen, and neither do I know their struggles, beliefs, or sexual orientation. Therefore it can be very damaging for me to assume either one of these things make fun of them or use them as derogatory insults. This does not belong in RP nor does it belong in the real world, The damage it can do is significant since one might be insecure about one of the following things, and then get it thrown at you by some stranger you never met can be very depressing and therefore should simply never happen anywhere!

Very well, after discussion with other staff we are willing to give you a second chance on this server!

Any ban you receive within the next 6 months will land you straight back here on the forums.

I hope to see you bring some wonderful roleplay with you on your return and look forward to seeing the growth of D.I.G 🙂

UNBANNED

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back