What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - ErnieW - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieW

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Server: GTA RP
Character Name: Ernesto Werthers
Steam ID: 76561198059729687
Ban ID (just the numbers): 16194
Ban Reason: G2.11, C1.12
Why do you think you were banned: I was banned for conducting unwanted roleplay without a previous agreement in place, when asked to stop this roleplay I stopped half of what I was doing. I made a verbal comment that continued the roleplay that was called to stop, putting me across the threshold of what is acceptable as per the rules.

Why should we unban you: I thought hard about different ways to approach this appeal and whether to even put one up. My first thought was to write about everything that led up to this, detailing the long history and build up, slinging mud and explaining all the bad things that the other side did. I could comb through evidence, search for clips and screenshots, compiling it all to present here. I decided against that as there appears to be a line and some people tread that line carefully, just pushing it enough to be in the safe area so that they do not get banned. Plus, I couldn't be bothered.

My second thought was that I could have been extremely apologetic and say exactly what I believe you want to hear. I've seen similar appeals do well and maybe it could work for me. After some thought I decided against that as it didn't feel right for various reasons.

I came to the conclusion that I'll just say my piece, be honest and not mince words. What I state is my opinion and while I try to be objective it's difficult sometimes when talking from your own perspective. I could be right, I could be wrong and it could make sense to you. Once you've read what I've had to say, if you want me back then that'll be nice, if not, then I had a decent run and enjoyed my time here.

One of the rules stated in my ban was for G2.11. I was banned because I didn't have a preconceived agreement between myself and Kane Kash to conduct this avenue of roleplay. Before delving into the why, it is imperative to mention that this was not a random encounter. I didn't just chance it, there were reasons and justifications that myself and the rest of Aztecas believe are relevant in this incident. I went in depth as to Kash's previous behaviours in this report [https://www.roleplay.co.uk/threads/report-a-player-ernie-aztecas-gta-rp.423925]. To give you a brief reminder here is a video showing Kane Kash's actions just prior to the incident involving the rulebreak [https://streamable.com/cc8e37]. I feel like it's necessary to highlight this so the context is known, whether you think the context is important is up to you.

For clarity the G2.11 states: Rape, Sexual Assault or ANY perceived non-consensual sexual contact be it through "/me", emotes, voice, etc. MUST be consented to out of character. This is important because at the time it was my belief - and still is - that Kash was engaging in behaviours that put him in conflict with this rule. Although it wasn't specifically rape roleplay he was engaged in, what he was doing and acting out is still defined in the description of that rule. He was doing this just prior to the interaction between myself and Kash. It is important to note that this was not the first time Kash had acted in this way. The reason I bring this up is because it was and is my belief that if Kash himself engages in this behaviour then it would be hypocritical and wrong if he became upset when the shoe was on the other foot. It is a double standard, one that I thought would be understood.

The other reason for my ban was C1.12 Sensitive Roleplay. Kash protested in OOC chat as soon as he realised the shoe was on the other foot, he called time. I believe Kash knew what he was doing, playing a game and bending the rules, still I stopped what I was doing and walked off. The issue arose when I returned to end the roleplay and to draw it all to a close. I came back and threatened to "bum him" if he ever displayed unwanted sexual contact towards another Azteca again, then I shot him. From what I have been told this was what ultimately got me banned, the toe over the line so to speak. Whether that's 100% true or not I don't know. I didn't realise that going back and ending the situation and saying what I said was a continuation, it just didn't register at the time. I shot him to end the whole situation and said what I said to get across the roleplay aim of the interaction.

I hope the above clarifies why it happened the way it did. I hope that by reading that you can understand what I was thinking and my thought process. Now after saying my piece I'd like to explain why exactly I should be unbanned, not that I didn't detail this before in the above text, rather, this section is about me, rather than arguing against the ban reason.

I've been around a while. Two and a half years now I believe, not as much as some but more than most. I've seen people come and go, some willingly and some unfortunately not. I've seen good times in both criminal and legal sides of roleplay and I've seen some bad times too. Major upsets and big wins, gangs starting out and gangs dying off, popular dev changes and not so popular dev changes. Throughout all that I stuck around, enjoying my time and ensuring that my roleplay was of a consistent high quality. I joined the server with Reggie and a few friends, to be honest we never intended on sticking around for long but we liked the roleplay and what the community had to offer.

Over the years myself and Reggie contributed to the community, furthering roleplay that had far reaching consequences. Creating storylines and interesting scenarios. We produced two Weasel News videos. These two videos were roleplay focused. We incorporated a large amount of people across the community to complete them. The videos themselves caused a stir within certain circles brewing a number of roleplay avenues that were enjoyable.

Over my time on the server I have been recommended as a good roleplayer by other players. I almost always was recommended alongside Reggie.

[https://www.roleplay.co.uk/threads/the-london-scalpers.418478/]
[https://www.roleplay.co.uk/threads/michael-mason-ernie-regie-vegan-vlad-and-tinybigjacko.417511/]
[https://www.roleplay.co.uk/threads/wilfred-enfield-leonard-hastings.413321/]

These three examples were the ones I could find. I feel like they show some good examples of the roleplay we provide when we play on the server.

Alongside my Weasel news videos I have two pieces of artwork displayed in game at two different locations. One is displayed in the gallery and the other is at the entrance to the Hustler hideout "Tequi-la-la". The piece of artwork displayed in the gallery was used as a tool by myself to further roleplay. The other was a possession of a notable gang that displays the history relating to the group. I enjoyed what those two artworks brought to the server and am happy that they are still there to this day.

The examples I listed were across different characters. Legal and criminal alike. My most played character being "Ernesto Werthers". My second most played character being "Edward Gold". My second character is a police officer and has been for 892 days (at the time of writing). Throughout all that time I didn't move departments and stayed as one of the longest serving Response Command members thus far. I chose Response because I enjoyed the basic policing nature of it. Response isn't a particularly sought after role as it's seen as less exciting than its counterparts. I dealt with countless new police officers, assisting them in their first steps into the faction and I did it for a very long time. I could have gone to Firearms or CID and got more action but I stayed in Response to help newer people to the server.

To conclude my final point. I'm not a dope, I understand why I was banned, sort of. I get why those rules are on the server but this situation is not black and white, right and wrong, it's a culmination of foolish choices on both sides. I hope that by reading this you understand the roleplay that me and Reggie can bring to the server. Like I said at the start, if you let us back, then that's great, if not, then I had fun and I wish you the best.

Cheers for reading, I know it was a decent chunk of text.
Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited:
Hello there @ErnieW , I hope you are doing well today.

Firstly, I appreciate the effort you have put into your appeal, thank you for that.

Now, you are stating that you believed Kash to engage in similar behaviour and walking the line when it comes to breaking the rules, correct? He never did this towards yourself though, did he? We all are involved in various bits of roleplay and none of us know exactly what people have and have not agreed to or what is actually going on that we are not aware of. So as a general rule of thumb, it makes sense to not act on someone else's behalf, wouldn´t you say?

Whether or not Kash did cross lines himself or played games to get people in trouble, is simply irrelevant as long as not proven true. As much as I understand that it would lead someone to feel a certain way, it does not give one the right to break the rules themselves.

Let me ask you this. If you were involved in any sort of roleplay - let´s say a relationship or, I dunno, a hooker job - and you others had agreed to have certain roleplay with you, or maybe not but they are not bothered to a point where they would report it. But someone else sees this and assumes you are okay with this line of rp, takes you into a back alley and performs rape rp with you - how would you react to this? I´m aware, it is not quite the same situation, but the principle is the same...

I know you are not a dope, but what you did was silly and I think if you take out the "feelings" that a lot of people had about this whole scenario, you will find that this ban was the only acceptable outcome.

Now, you are stating that you believed Kash to engage in similar behaviour and walking the line when it comes to breaking the rules, correct?
I think that Kash engages in similar behaviours that got me banned and I think in some instances he walks the line and in some he is firmly over it.

So as a general rule of thumb, it makes sense to not act on someone else's behalf, wouldn´t you say?
I wouldn't say I was acting on anyone's behalf necessarily. What I'll say is that I know that Kash has no preconceived agreement with any member of Aztecas to conduct the line of roleplay he's currently pursuing. Before this incident and even now I know what people have, and in this case, have not agreed to at least from the Azteca side of things. This wasn't a situation solely done to act on someone's behalf, everyone was frustrated with his behaviours.

Whether or not Kash did cross lines himself or played games to get people in trouble, is simply irrelevant as long as not proven true.
It could well be that I am too invested in my own truth. I don't think I am though. Actions, words and what you believe someone's intent is all serve to paint a picture of what the truth is. You might not know 100% as that rarely happens but you can gain a pretty good idea based on multiple factors.

As much as I understand that it would lead someone to feel a certain way, it does not give one the right to break the rules themselves.
I agree with that, mostly. A caveat being that it's my understanding that sometimes rules can be bent for a strong roleplay purpose. I get that the rule broken here was a serious and a generally bad one when taken at face value. However, it wasn't random or even totally unjustified in this instance. It was seen as tit for tat, you do it and we'll do it back. It was wrong and knowing what I know now I would've preferred to have gone through staff, doing what we did just made it more complicated.

Let me ask you this. If you were involved in any sort of roleplay - let´s say a relationship or, I dunno, a hooker job - and you others had agreed to have certain roleplay with you, or maybe not but they are not bothered to a point where they would report it. But someone else sees this and assumes you are okay with this line of rp, takes you into a back alley and performs rape rp with you - how would you react to this? I´m aware, it is not quite the same situation, but the principle is the same...
I understand what you're implying here but I think you might have some things wrong. I hope you understand that there's certain things I can't discuss on a public forum. The general premise that you described there is fair enough, I understand how when taken at face value what happened is wrong and should be something that is punished. However, there's a lot more to this situation that places it in a grey area and it isn't as simple as what you described there.

I get the premise of what you're saying though. Frontier justice and acting on behalf of others is never a good idea and I agree, I don't contest that idea at all and I understand. I just don't see this situation as clear cut and I think both sides are missing key information.

I'd like to mention that while I am saying that I believe this situation differs it still doesn't make it beyond reproach. I don't think the circumstances were ideal and understand it shouldn't be how things should be done. I know why I was banned and like I said in my orginal post, I get it. Based on the information available to me I still think it could've been dealt with differently, however, I accept it for myself. It wouldn't be an avenue I would go down again and the situation only transpired because of a set of unfortunate circumstances coinciding.

Good evening @ErnieW

I hope all is well today :)

The rule that was broken is a serious rule and has big consequences along with it. I do appreciate what you are saying, that you feel like there is some information missing and hopefully this is something that you can fill us in with in more detail BUT as Sammy has said, if you feel like rules have been broken it does not mean you get to break rules to get justice. There is a process

Based on the rule that has been broken the door will remain closed here for now. You can appeal again from 18/06/2024

Declined

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back