What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - exenos - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

exenos

Unban Appeal for exenos 

In-game Name: James Atkinson

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198015675689

Ban ID: !!rpuk11930!!

Reason given for your ban: UNK

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I believe I was banned for using third party software whilst playing on RPUK servers.

I work from home with 1 meeting a week, so naturally I often play games. I am usually multitasking so I have my work laptop/screens to one side and person pc/screens to the other, and a KVM switch to swap my mouse between devices.

During the day when none of the people I regularly interacted with were on, I used that as an opportunity to grind/take part in activities that benefit from less people being on, with a strong preference to semi-afk stuff so I can work. And then if an RP presented itself that's when I would fully engage in playing.

This allowed me to get my jobs done during the quieter parts of the day and then later on engage in the more fun RP situations.

I mostly engaged in:
- Selling coke if I didn't have much work to do
- Sitting at Gus and calling every 30mins and going to the island every 2 hours to pick up multiple packs.
- If I did in fact have a friend playing, sitting on the island afk for 25mins and driving to a checkpoint and afking for another 5 before driving back.
- Cutting coke, I would do this if I spotted other players on the island or I'd lost Gus call.

If I had a lot of work to do then sitting at Gus or the island was really easy to do, but as mentioned if there were other players I would look to cut coke.

Where this relied on me interacting every 40 seconds, which required me to switch my mouse back and forth between devices. I figured I would have and extra keyboard and a script to map clicks and mouse movements to my numpad so that I could use: (Alt - Third Eye, 5 - Click, 6 - Move Mouse x pixels to right, 5 - Click) to cut & an alert to remind me after 40 seconds.
This worked pretty well and meant I diverted less attention from work.

From memory I used the cutting script mostly in January, and then didn't use for a bit, and then used again late Feb after which I was banned.
I work as a programmer in data so usually when an idea to build something that isn't data related, and to solve a problem I do it more for the enjoyment, and this was the same and that’s how I viewed it, more of a challenge to solve.

I also had a script so that if I pressed a key on numpad it registers regardless of whether numpad was on/off. I made this shortly after, and had it running all the time on my PC as it was useful in general.

I did also made as I was bored but didn't use:
- A key that held down W to act as cruise control on a boat - used once to see if it worked.
- Hotkeys for dropping ore at mines – just something else to build but I don’t like mining.

Why should we unban you ?: I understand why using third party software is against the spirit of an RP server. I also understand how abuse of these sorts of tools can cause an unfair advantage and potentially damage the in game economy.

To address the first point, the whole purpose of the server is interacting with other players in a way that’s enjoyable for everyone. Multitasking while working is already against the spirit of that, but generally I found it was the times later on in the day when the best RP happened.

During my first few months on the server most of the my interactions were with people within the same gang, I found sourcing uncut/cut coke and setting up deals was the best way for me to make contacts outside of the gang which did lead to creating situations and good RP in the long run.

If an RP situation started I would fully engage in the game. Plenty of instances of police run ins, finding rival gangs on the island, being spotted at the bench by rival gangs, or just in general from being in the city. To me this was better than not logging on at all, and I was at least contributing to activity during the quieter part of the day.

In terms of gaining an advantage, at the time I believed that there was no advantage to what I was doing. It still took me the same amount of time, or slower due to the multitasking, the day I was banned I only cut a little over 1000 coke in the span of a few hours. Even though it did come with payment, it wasn’t an activity I was doing for personal gain, it was because in RP that was the role I played in the gang, had that not been the case I wouldn’t of bothered. Also at the time, we had been in beef for the majority of the previous 4 months and where the cutting bench was visible, overall I probably lost more than I gained sitting there.

Having said that, I think the fact I continued to use it for some time shows that really there was an advantage, ultimately it still made the game easier for me to play than somebody who doesn’t use tools.

I think you should unban me because I believe I am a net positive to the server. I believe I contributed to the server in terms of RP, I had been around for the best part of 8 months so had learnt a lot, I had many positive interactions with other people around the city. And I obviously won't be repeating anything stupid like this again.

I’m not malicious and don’t look to ruin other player’s times or be a detriment to the server, I still keep in touch with a lot of the people I played with, although going from chatting daily to every few weeks, and would love the chance to get to play with them again.

If allowed back, I would definitely focus less on the grinding aspect, and more on the RP, which I had started doing before the ban; in particular being a mortician/hearse driver as that often lead to some great interactions.

Thanks for your time reading my appeal.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
If allowed back, I would definitely focus less on the grinding aspect, and more on the RP, which I had started doing before the ban; in particular being a mortician/hearse driver as that often lead to some great interactions.
If allowed back, how can we be sure that you wont be using external applications to make your time here easier for you and for you alone?

Hi Liam, thanks for reading my appeal. 

If allowed back, I would be coming back with a different approach. Beforehand I was putting in a lot of time during the day, and looking to always be progressing towards my character's goals. I haven't missed that aspect of playing and I'm happy to put that behind me and take my character's story in a different direction.

The part I have missed is the evenings and the interactions that come with it, with people I'm familiar with and the random encounters with the rest of the community. 

I do care about being a positive influence on the server, and want those involved in the same situations to be enjoying themselves, I am not aiming to make my time better for just me. 

Six months has been quite a long time to be away, and I certainly wouldn't want to do anything that would end up with me banned again. 

Another key aspect is the direction I would take my character.

Previously the motive was making money, staying under the radar, progressing up the gang ladders, moving from street dealing, to importing and setting up deals. With the eventual aim of moving to the big house in the hills (which I did) and investing that money into legitimate businesses'. 

Just before the ban, I had been caught for several serious crimes and had served jail time for the first time. I'd then been jailed two more times. The storyline I am going for to explain my absense is that I have been away in secure lock up, and the house & assets seized due to these. 

I haven't fully decided on the specifics as would want to settle in first, but I would be looking to still going down the business route, but more with a service/roleplay focus rather than profit. 

Hello @exenos

I'll be honest with you... 
We rarely, if ever, unban people who have used some sort of cheats on our servers. Don't get your hopes up too high...

If we decide to give you another chance, it would come with a complete asset wipe - do you agree to this? 

• Bank balance set to 0.
  • Cash on hand set to 0.
  • Cars, Properties and Storage Containers removed.
  • Inventory items removed.

The only thing your character would be allowed to keep, is their RP memories, police record and phone contacts.

I agree to have the bank account, cash, assets, inventory wiped. 

Of course, I appreciate the time spent reading my appeal and understand if the decision is made to not allow me back. 

If that does end up being the case, I would like to say thanks for creating and managing the server, I did have a great time here. 

Why should we keep entertaining this? As @Drexsaid, we rarely ever unban people who have used some sort of cheats on our server. Who knows, if we unbanned you. You could do something else, maybe get away with it this time.

You broke the trust, it'll be hard for that to come back if it ever does...

Hi Liam,

I think the reason you should consider unbanning me is due to the intentions of my actions – I wasn’t looking to cheat, gain an advantage over over players, or be malicious in any way, I was just trying to make switching between work and playing simpler. My original thought process was that I was just using my keyboard to play instead of my mouse.

Before FiveM I used to RP in a Motorcycle Club on Vanilla GTA, we had a strict set of bylaws that we used to abide by, one of those was to not use mods, and it was also a requirement to have never used mods beforehand. It was ultimately the reason we stopped playing Vanilla because it became unbearable to play due to the amount of cheaters that would interupt our gameplay and was why I looked into FiveM.

That type of behaviour doesn’t interest me, and I hadn’t considered the viewpoint that what I was doing was in the same category. Now with that perspective, it’s something that I wouldn’t want to associate with in any way.

I am only interested in returning for the roleplay, if there was any other aspect that I was looking for I’d be looking to play other games. I would like to mention again that I’d be looking to come with a different set of goals for my character, and my focus would be on creating enjoyable situations for myself and other players, rather than acquiring wealth.

Good Afternoon, 

Let me begin first by apologising for the length in which this appeal has taken to be concluded. As you can imagine, unban appeals are the lowest of priorities for members of our senior staff team. 

I won't hold this up for any longer, from where I am sitting, unfortunately, the trust that we as a community give our players who join our server is one that is given before we even know the person or the character, it's like we've trusted you whilst blind. If said trust is broken, it is very very difficult to regain said trust and in most cases, with simple rule breaks we can at least try to rekindle that trust, although against some peoples better judgements. 

Sadly, in your case, when it comes to utilising scripts to gain an advantage, make things easier, or simply cheat, I don't think there could ever be a case where we would let you back into the community because of that risk. That risk that you will yet again utilise some form of script to gain an advantage, make things easier or simply cheat as already stated above.

Therefore, unfortunately in your case, there will be no chance of yourself getting unbanned from our community in the interest of safety. 

Thank you for your efforts, and once again I apologise for the length of time in which this appeal has taken to come to a conclusion. 

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back