What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Ferkis - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferkis

Unban Appeal for Ferkis 

In-game Name: Alex Ferkis

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198170356882

Ban ID: !!RPUK11562!!

Reason given for your ban: (G3.1) OOC Information - Using out of character information to influence the course of roleplay is considered metagaming and punishable by a ban. This includes but is not limited to: Twitch Streams, forum information and Steam messages.

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: The reason I was Banned from RPUK is as Follows:

A situation occurred when I made a player report on the forums regarding an incident that happened at the Hospital which I believe a player was Exploiting. Sending in the evidence of the case I unintentionally showed me with a Twitch Stream in the background and a Discord stream of a player who was also on the server who was dead in the hospital, which is considered meta gaming. Meta gaming involves using information from outside the game to influence your in-game role-play, which is strictly prohibited.

I will hold my Hands up and say YES I was in a call with another player on the server, But No, I did not take or gather any sort of information from the stream of his to sway or change the direction of the situation. But I can wholeheartedly say I Was in the wrong in this situation and can only apologise for my actions and the Roleplay this had effected.

Unfortunately, this situation arose due to a complete misunderstanding. Prior to logging in to play on the server, I was watching His Twitch stream before I had logged in the server and had not closed it yes it was open but I did not watch that stream whilst on the server, I had the stream muted and not even playing. As for the discord stream, I was in a call with a couple of friends some of which was on a different game and where muted, but the one with the stream open was yes on the server also muted, I can see where this yet again could harm the roleplay scenes that took place. Like the twitch stream this was not open or even playing any sort of audio for that matter.

My intention was never to use the stream to gain any unfair advantage in this situation or let it influence my role-play, however, I completely understand that the evidence presented without any context would naturally be treated as meta-gaming.

Due to the Fair Ban System, this resulted in me being permanently banned from the server. I can promise you that it was an innocent mistake rather than a deliberate attempt to engage in metagaming.

Why should we unban you ?: First of all, I deeply apologise for my actions of meta gaming and the negative impact it may have had on the role play experience within the server and for other players, I understand that meta-gaming undermines the immersive environment and fairness of the game for both myself and other players. By unintentionally allowing the Twitch stream to be visible in the background while I was playing, I acknowledge that it could have influenced my decision-making and compromised the authenticity of the role-play interactions between me and the other player involved.

Furthermore, I realize that my actions may have caused hassle for the staff of RPUK in dealing with this issue. My incident have added an unnecessary case for the staff to deal with because of my stupidity, requiring them to investigate the situation, review the evidence, and make a fair decision based on the available information. I deeply regret any inconvenience, confusion, or frustration my actions may have caused for the staff members involved.

I assure you that I have learned a valuable lesson from this experience and will make every effort to ensure that it does not happen again in the future. I am truly sorry for any disruption or harm caused to the community, as well as the additional workload placed on the Staff members involved. Thanks again for reviewing this unban appeal and again I can only accept responsibility for causing this.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

You've been banned since January, why appeal now? Whats changed, and what have you been up to?

Hello Liam, Cheers for the response. Since my ban was placed in January,  I decided not to put an unban appeal in straight away, this was to give me some time not only to think about the circumstances that led to the ban but to return back with a fresh view on things, I now understand the gravity of my past mistakes and the negative impact they've had on the community. As for what I have been up to since the ban was placed I have allocated a lot more time OOC and playing other games. I had returned to five m recently and I have just missed the RPUK community and what it has to offer. Thanks for your time.

Hello there @Ferkis

You say you did not use anything from that stream and bring it ingame... Now, we are all human. How likely do you think it would be that you would subconsciously alter your behaviour on the server due to information you may have come across on that stream? Be honest. 

Hiya Sammy, I can honestly say hand on my heart I did not use any sort of information off of that stream, and it did not sway my decisions ingame or the path of RP. It would not be very likely that I would use information gathered from a stream ill be honest, but I can see how having that stream open would harm the scenario and my decisions within RP.

Last edited by a moderator:
You've got quite a record with us. 
Bans
G3.1
G1.9 | C1.1
C2.2
C2.3

How do we know if we were to unban you, you won't be here again in the next month or two? 

Hello Mike, Thanks for the response. My ban record is awful and really does not paint me in a great light to say the least, I can honestly say I am ashamed of the ban list and its seriously not something I take pride in. If I could go back to the start of my time here I would. I Love this community and the people within, and can only apologize for what I have done, only person to blame for all of bans Is myself and that is something I have seriously thought about over my time away. All I ask is for is that Final Chance. I hope that anyone who's interacted with Alex Ferkis as a character across the years can attest I am a good Role-player and I do positively add to any role play scenario I am in.

I appreciate this would be my last and final chance I am given, if I was to return to the community I can promise these mistakes will not be made again. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any bans within a 6 month period will lead you right back here, and given all your bans from 2021 have been a permanent one and you've never actually been on the FBS. This is your last and final chance.

Unbanned

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back