What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Gibson - GTA RP

Gibson

Server: GTA RP
Character Name: Josh Gibson
Steam ID: 76561198862192765
Ban ID (just the numbers): 16237
Ban Reason: C2.2, G2.3
Why do you think you were banned: I was banned under the rules;

C2.2 - Exploiting - Using or attempting to use any exploits in any of our community game servers such as but not limited to duplication of items or money, transferring/processing items through walls and windows or bypassing intended animations. Punishment is a permanent ban without appeal. If you discover an exploit that nobody else knows about, please reveal it to a staff member privately in order to ensure that it does not get abused in the future.

G2.3 - Roleplay Everything - You must remain in character at all times, unless a uniformed Admin authorises you to speak out of character.
Why should we unban you: I was banned on the 26/02/24 under the rules mentioned above.

I had made a ticket relating to my "faggio mod" which had blown up and killed me when I had pulled it out of parking. In my clip my game was vibrant, in the clip I had a custom aspect ratio. During the ticket Phoenix began to question me on why my game looked that way. I answered honestly, explaining how I used a custom aspect ratio for better FPS as this is what I believed would help, as it tends to in other games. I also explained why my game was so vibrant, but I won't be clearing up why in this unban, however It is known by multiple staff why my game is this way and I don't feel comfortable bringing it up so publicly. I had mentioned how I had a pretty bad PC, however although my PC is more than capable than running fivem, it struggles with consistent FPS drops and game freezes. Oneshot then sent multiple clips where he was refering to my FPS, however these had no relevancy as they were either on a private server, or in a remote location on the RPUK server.

At the end of the ticket I had told both Oneshot and Phoenix that I would change my settings to default, as that is clearly what they wanted. Where I was met with the response, "Would be appreciated" and "Understood - is there anything else or can we get this ticket closed?" Which I thought would be it. However, Phoenix had requested me to join a VC with him, which I did. In the VC with Phoenix, I showed him my system settings including my CPU, GPU, etc... I was then told that my situation would be talked about and I would be informed about it through another ticket. But, when I went to log on the next day I was greeted with a ban.

Therefore, I made another ticket relating to the situation explaining how I was confused. Dano, was the one who responded to the ticket originally, and was helpful and kindly explained the situation to me briefly and what was going on. TBJ then spoke in the ticket and ask me to send more things relating to my "games PC".

TBJ had then opened a separate ticket relating to my situation, where we have spoke endlessly, and has been very helpful and honest. So before I continue, I would like to thank TBJ for his time. In my ticket with TBJ he cleared up the two main subjects which was my resolution and how my game looked. I was labelled as a "fragger" due to my low settings and vibrant games. My graphics are low and my reasoning for this is due to force of habit. What I mean by force of habit, is that no matter what game I play, I play on low settings. This goes for games like Black ops, Raft, Riders republic and multiple others. I also play low settings in the hope for better FPS, and although my PC is capable of running GTA/Fivem, I have consistent frame drops and sit at low frames. He also mentioned about the change in my "contrast" as my game was extremely bright, my reasoning for this is private and will remain private. TBJ and other staff members know why I use these settings. I understand fully why it was questioned, and how it can be seen as an "advantage" over others, however I can ensure this isn't the reasoning of why I use this. In terms of my resolution, I put my hands up and will admit that I was wrong, TBJ had explained how it would worsen my FPS playing a custom resolution as it would increase the heat in my GPU. Which I wasn't actually aware of at the time, I had the understanding that custom resolutions helped with FPS.

I had explained in the ticket to TBJ how I wasn't here to "frag" explaining how I was trying to continue to enhance my roleplay by making my fire service character, hopefully, if I am able to return I would like to finish my training and eventually join the NHS on the same character as that is what I believe I will enjoy.

In terms of my Azteca character, It is known that I am a good roleplayer, of course I'm not perfect. My character has grown massively over the last 2 years, meeting multiple people and during many instances I have been praised multiple times for my RP. I have put countless hours into "Josh Gibson" continuing to build my character, and what he does.

It is in my best interest to return to the server, and continue my RP on both characters. I have loved this community since I've stepped foot in it, RPUK is one of the best communities I have been in, and Its a shame that I'm currently unable to be apart of it. I would love to be back on the server speaking to the countless amount of friends that I have made, whilst continuing to improve my RP and continue to build my characters storyline.

Thank you,
Gibs.
Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

@Gibson I would be careful with the status update. Have some patience or we will deny this and send you away regardless.

Good afternoon @Gibson

Please accept my apologies for the delay in even getting the ball rolling on this appeal.

As Stavik mentioned above, your patience is required in the unban appeal process. Please refrain from any attempts or types of bumping.

Now onto your appeal...

Firstly, I'd like to begin by thanking you for the effort you've put into your appeal. It doesn't ever go unnoticed but I must emphasize that just because you're saying the right things doesn't mean to say you're going to have an easy road back, regardless of the reason for your ban. We find it often enough where people just say what they think we want to hear . Sadly, I along with other senior members of staff have been here for long enough to read between the lines on most cases. This isn't ofcourse me saying you're attempting to do this but thought it best to actually stipulate the above.

I am an avid FPS Player, I have played / still play mutliple types of FPS games and can appreciate and understand reasoning for the usage of aspect ratios and resolutions. I find myself playing different to my native on most games. Granted, a part of the reasoning for me doing it is because I have an ultrawide monitor. However, I'd happily admit my reason for most of these is purely to perform better. Win. etc.

Now, knowing what computer specs you have, thanks to your chat with other members of staff, I can safely say you've got a good enough computer to run most games. Granted, FiveM's optimsation isn't the best and I do myself get lag spikes and stutters in certain places.

My question to you is, if you're truly here for the roleplay, which having interacted with your character/gang on most of my characters I know you're perfectly capable of roleplaying, then would you not rather your game to look it's best and (excuse me for the potential cringe here) immerse yourself into the game as opposed to striving for the best performance?

Quite a few people seem to think that you're simply here for the gun fights, the combat. I'm going to need you to convince not only me but others who see this why this isn't the case and what you actually bring to the server roleplay wise? Maybe list off some of your best RP 'work' shall we call it?

Back