What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Grimp - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimp

Unban Appeal for Grimp 

In-game Name: Morti Barret

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561197999787725

Ban ID: !!rpuk9211!!

Reason given for your ban: G1.1 - Forum Report & C1.11/C6.7

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: Banned for VRDM and real world trade speculation inquiery to Stuart.
Here is the previous unban appeal: https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/140862-unban-appeal-grimp-gta-rp/
Here is the one previous to that: https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/140855-unban-appeal-grimp-gta-rp/

Why should we unban you ?: I know my attitude seems kinda arrogant but I think its because I'm a bit older so I just go straight to the point of things, not really a man of pretense. The main incident that I got banned for, the RVDM, I'm not that remorseful for it and I think my main crime was more breaking roleplay. In my head I cant get round the idea that ultimately its just a game, I think its an age thing, so ramming that dude who I didnt like, and who didnt like me, kinda felt not random to me. However, now I have a deeper understanding of what you expect for your cities rules, I know you want to get a stronger sense of realism going. So its like, say if you smoked cigarettes but your mum doesnt like you to smoke at her house, you dont do it, you follow the rules at someones house even if you dont agree. So yeah, even though I may not agree it was technically random, I can conform to your rules in your private community to bring the vision of what you want from it. Its breaking the rules itself that you could say im remorseful for, but ultimately I'm a 32 year old dude so theres always gonna be that element of detatchment for the fact this is a virtual environment thus ultimately detatched from moral obligations.
Imagine that I made a copy of your server, and I was in charge of the rules, then I would unban me but the fact is, its not my server. So my only option is adapt myself to your vision of the rules.
I cant look at things in any other way than brokering a deal when I'm making this appeal, I think thats what makes me seem like I have a bad attitude. I'm not going to pretend I think I deserve a permaban for my infractions, However if your unban appeal rules requirre me to do so I'm willing to do that to get unbanned just like I'm also willing to follow your server rules to the T in order to stay in it.
When you are brokering a private deal between 2 parties, you rely on trust to ensure each party forfils their end of the deal. Sometimes one party goes rogue and violates the agreement which breaks trust. Essentially I assume this is what your major concern is when it comes to unban appeals. Your main concern is that I stick to the rules on return. My main concern is returning to the city
Anyway, In real life I am known to be reliable, I always do my best to hold up my end of the bargain.
I might have a bad attitude and anoying but I am essentially not a threat as I genuinely don't want to mess up other players experiences so I have a natural compliance with most of your rules. Just sometimes I sit down and want to blow off steam and get a little carried away with things after a few drinks. I was a few drinks in when I messaged Stuart with the real world trade proposition I wasnt really serious. I've been arrested by Stuart multiple times so its kinda like when you try to bribe a police officer in the back of a cop car. You know hes not gonna take it, you're just taking the piss a little bit. Then he slaps another charge on ya lol. But yeah sorry it was rude of me to message Stuart like that. Hes a sound guy, had alot of encounters with him so i knew 100% hes not going to take a bribe from me on discord.
Again I know I'm oozing with attitude but I can assure you I'm a good candidate for a return because I actually have a strong track record if you were able to see other interactions. Those boys were right about my RP though, I need to RP more, need to be more creative. Hopefully I can bring you a more creative better version of myself if you let me return.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

That is a little bit more like it.

Let´s talk about the fact that you have had 3 bans prior to this one already... 

2x combat logging
1x RDM

Also, reading up on your notes, before one of those combat logs, you decided to call someone a homophobic term. What is that all about?

Thanks, I appreciate, kinda enjoy writing anyway. @-Sammy-

The 2x combat logging bans:

The first one I was very new to the city, I refered to a gay guy (metagamer himself 100% beleive he is just didnt have body cam on, the south african gay guys if you ever met them) I had interacted with before as "the fa@@ot", didnt mean it maliciously was just trying to make reference, I dont use any bad words like that anymore as I know its in your rules and general society not to say certain words. I'm not out to upset people just always loved using foul language but I have learned to adapt to be more polite.

Anyway after i said that, they (the guys who had kidnapped me) told me that it was an offensive word, then they didnt know how to get my ID yet, neither did i, so they did some wierd stuff where they all had to get out of the car so they could see my ID through the inventory menu. I wasnt sure what they were trying to do at the time and it seemed so wierd so i decided to combat log. Reported me in the OOC chat, fair enough.

Obviously I thought it was ok to say certain words only because I've heard the locals and NPC's say them in the GTA story game but obviously I studied the rules more after that and havent used offensive terms since.

The second time I was with some lads and we were out on the rob. We tried to rob a triad Van on their turf that was full of fruit then all his homies pulled up and wasted us. I managed to escape though and follow them to the hospital up in Sandy. I stupidly marched straight into the hospital hopeing to try and John Wick kill them all like a dumbass, got killed myself. Then it was a matter of the triads waiting for us to wake up and take all our guns. Mocked in the hospital bed I got kinda tilted and rage quit while still reviving on the bed then about 2 mins later tried to come back on because I knew Id broken the rules, but it was too late I was banned.

The RDM was when I robbed another player, then let him go, there was another player just down the road, he spoke to him, then the other player started chasing me, I tried to shake him but couldnt, so I shot him dead.

Behaved far from perfectly in your city in these circumstances but usually I'm very compliant with the rules and don't allow my ego to take over.

If I were allowed to return I would change my approach to a more relaxed style more focused on RP and less trying to force some action. I was too much thinking once I came back after 6 months Id be able to pick up from where I left off before, but nope I got absolutely wrecked over the course of the time I was around lol. Which is why I like your city, it can be very unforgiving in its mechanics and people can be savage.

I would definately be low key on return as its so easy to embarass myself like I did in that final RDM ban. Such a cringy way of acting that I dont really want to bring to people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very well... 

Now let´s move onto the much more severe rulebreaks. You offering money to a staff member to get out of your ban quicker... Why did you think it was acceptable to even make a comment like that?

And please, do both of us a favour and don´t insult me by saying it was a joke. If you would have stopped after the first time asking, I might have bought that. But after already been told that it´s not happening, you then decided to put a number on it, offering 100 pounds to be unbanned. The way you went about it shows a clear agenda and your best shot here is to be honest. 

Rulesbreaks is that plural? Are there others?

I think when it comes to the virtual environment and gameing in general everyone has a different mentality. For example I tried to play as NHS, and I can do a good job at it, or at least trying to learn it, character was called Simon Faraday. I got him through the interviews etc and I tried my hardest at it. For some people, I think the mentality of an NHS worker or and Police officer is really fun for them. For some its a passion to play as NHS or Police, or lots of other things.

For me its playing criminal character that tickles my pickle, mostly because I really really enjoy a good car chase or putting a bullet in another players head. Or simply kidnapping someone is really the most fun I have sometimes

I also really love robbing cars and shops.

Selling / growing weed and coke is also high on my list

Anything crime related

So yeah, I was missin scratchin that crime itch and I had a few beers and hassled Stuart a bit on discord.

Wouldnt hassle someone if I didlnt like them but yeah, I can understand why it was a dick move to do so. It was disrespectful and because I act like a dickhead sometimes I never hold a grudge anymore so even if you didnt allow me back Im just glad your server exists, just hope the format is in its infancy and will develop more servers.

I personally used to play on a server on the GTA: San andreas multiplayer mod called "cops n robbers"

It was waayy more basic than yours but it was fun because I could just rob a shop, that would trigger a police chase and it was cat and mouse from there on

Anyway the criminal mentality is fun for me, but I like to keep it in a virtual environment.

If you want you can allow me back and I can just work for the NHS for some hours as penance xD

I mean I'm not joking I'd be willing to pay £100 to get back (if that was within the rules but its not), but after doing a whole 6 month ban without trying that at all and then I've got 1 week left on a 1 month ban and I'm going to break the rules that seriously and jepoardise my whole chances?

You think I'm that dumb too? xD

I understand totally why you dont want real money trading in your game as that is truely what ruins gaming communities, it is the rot at the core of the current gameing world.

(A Day later and I'm editing this post and adding something: When I made that proposition to Stuart I had just finished a 4 day x12 hour work schedule in a factory, and life was feeling very mundane for me. A few beers in and a some angst and bordem built up from the mundanity of life I got a little bit cheeky feeling and made that proposition to Stuart, looking for some way to releive my bordem and escape from the mundanity. Wasnt much of a serious attitude behind my proposition to him, just me taking a shot in the dark in some kind of vague hope of releif from the bordem I felt. That shot I guess I was holding the gun the wrong way around lol)

If unbanned and given a chance, what could you bring to server? Because at the moment I see someone who has broken multiple rules and has been warned multiple times and someone who has shown little respect to the rules that we have by still despite being banned breaking them further by trying to pay your way back in.

ah so tempting to try and and write something generic in an attempt to tell you what I think you want to hear but I wouldnt want to bor you, something like: If given a chance I would try to bring more creative roleplay as thats the main priority you have asides to the rules I assume. I'm wierd because I enjoy other people roleplaying but I mostly just channel my own personality, although I'm sure thats what alot of people do.

Wierdly also that my new hobby has become trying to think of excuses why I broke the rules on your server instead of the nefarious activities of your cities criminal underworld. Think of that what you may lol.

Value your city alot but what may be will be.

Very curious as to future developments of your city although I dont watch any streamers whatever game it is.

I just play pretty raw style, single player, was using bodycam previous to the 6 month ban when I was more serious but I guess you could say I have a quite solipsistic playstyle.I do appreciate the mechanics of the server you have created. In fact thats my favourite part, if I had my own server I would replicate yours if I could. Like theres also where I get my kicks, is thinking about how I would make the mechanics and rules if I had the power but that doesnt mean I dont respect your own vision and hence your rules.

I dont overvalue what I can contribute its just my version of creativity is to imagine how I would make the mechanics and rules of games in general as there is a sense of liberation within the game / GTA environment compared to the rules of real life.

Just sometimes I have got frustrated with the feeling that people are just thinking about the rules and not actually having fun, just like I feel like in real life.

You guys are going for that sense of real life realism with the rules I think, but also with the mechanics. There are times where I really get the vibe you are going for and the imersion is surreal. My main priority is imersion, be that of myself or others, but I also just love driving around.

Anyway I come in peace, can give you a longer essay if you want lol, maybe I can offer an essay?

As for trying to pay my way in there arnt many things id try this hard to be part of so theres a sense that its beleivable I would pay my way in in spite of the rules

And then I think to myself, hmmm was I serious when i said that, and then I cant decide if I was or not, because I wasnt sure if it was because maybe I wanted to see if Stuart would say something or not, and maybe that was my crime? Testing the waters for corruption i guess?

Indeed a stand up citizen and police officer would report it instantly.

Anyway I beleive I have some potential for creative roleplay that I can bring to you as crude as my attitude is I dont have malice in my heart just a passion for having fun 🙂

Well I will tell you something, that was a very good response. So you have convinced me. I am going to give you another chance, do not ruin it.

Unbanned 

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back