What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Hagrid - 04/11/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Constable

In-game Name
Hagrid

Steam ID
STEAM_0:1:40584871

The date of your ban.

Member of the team that banned you.
TinyBigJacko

Reason given for your ban.
Hijacking a conversation.

Where was you banned
Discord

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I messaged TinyBigJacko, as he stated I was hijacking a conversation regarding the music on FiveM. I believed the right course of action was to privately message him regarding the issue, which led to me getting banned.

Why should we unban you ?
I require access to the discord for police stuff on the server, and I don't have access to the discord.

I apologise for what I've done. I'll avoid contacting TinyBigJacko in the future.

I apologise sincerely for my conduct, as it was obviously out of order. I'd hope I can be unbanned from the discord, as I direly need access to it for the police side of roleplay.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

I confirm this is not a temporary ban as those are not appealable

Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read our rules
Yes

What was so urgent for you that you needed to get involved in a conversation, or pm a management member? 

It was more my frustration, and I thought that instead of taking it to a public channel which would have created more of an issue. I thought it would be more appropriate to message the person in private to discuss the issue itself.

@Hagrid 

(16.4) Please refrain from messaging staff members via private message/comments or adding their personal social media/steam accounts unless they invite you to do so.

Its in the rules! its been there since 2014 as you could not start to imagine how easy it is to loose focus when messages are coming in from all areas.

Have you not read our rules ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have read the rules, but I'll admit I can't remember each individual rule as there are so many. 

I apologise, as it was a spur of the moment issue in which I thought I was taking reasonable and appropriate steps to deal with the issue. Evidently not.

I remember this event.

The FiveM developers were having an impromptu discussion with people on the relevant Discord room, about a specific subject, and were gathering useful information about it.

Your contribution to the topic was somewhat irrelevant (at that moment in time), rather distracting and centred around your own needs and desires. You were asked to stop, and you chose to up the anté, and continue sidelining things. You were told more strongly to stop, and you continued. In order to allow the conversation to continue meaningfully, your posting rights to that room were (temporarily) disabled.

You then proceeded to engage me in direct-messages, further distracting my ability to participate in the conversation, and derailing things even more than before.

So you were banned from the Discord, and (because at that time, I had 'allow DMs from people with shared server access' set to on), your DMs to me vanished, but at least it stopped the problem at hand.

To be perfectly honest, I hadn't expected for you to be banned for quite so long from Discord, and assumed that you would have been reinstated at some point a while ago, on a promise of better behaviour. I've just found out today, that you're still banned.

I'm minded to let you back on, and will do so, if I can get a guarantee that in future, if developers, staff, management or someone more senior than you asks you to be quiet in a Discord room where 'business' is being discussed (as was the case here), you will just do as asked without getting all noisy about it, and requiring even more attention to shut down, than you were causing in the first place.

I'm grateful for the apology. Just make sure you understand where I'm coming from, and give me that assurance, and we'll draw a line under it.

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back