What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - jonnie moonie - Malden Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnie moonie

Unlinked
Unban Appeal for jonnie moonie 

In-game Name: Jonnie Moonie

Server: Malden Life

Steam ID: 76561199115498558

Ban ID: !!rpuk12678!!

Reason given for your ban: G4.4

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned for G4.4 which is where you have been incapacitated/downed you must roleplay your injuries to a high quality. During a situation where I was injured by a rival gang and taken to dodgy doctor, I failed to do so which resulted in me being permanently banned. I can see how my roleplay in this situation had a negative effect on the situation and how it may have been immersion ruining for the other side.

Why should we unban you ?: First of all, I’m going to address the reply in my last appeal as to why I was denied which listed my previous ban history within the community. I’ll be the first to admit that it isn’t great and that I am genuinely embarrassed by it. This community was always a really fun place to play for me and I understand that my behaviour at times has definitely led to breaking a lot of trust between myself and the staff team. Looking at my record I understand why being able to trust me back into the community is probably going to be a difficult call for you to make and I just want to prove to you that this time I will be different and the pattern of behaviour you seen from me before isn’t the same behaviour you will see this time. I am hopeful you will give me a chance to prove this.

It’s been nearly 8 months since I last appealed, and I will say that I have genuinely missed the community. I have continued to stay connected with many people I have met from here and watching them play whilst I have to sit out is something that isn’t fun for me. I feel like the time away has allowed me to understand how much more I should value my place in the community and how my actions and behaviour in the past would seem like a slap in the face to staff team, especially considering they have always been reasonable and lenient with me. As we all know actions speak louder than words and I am hoping that you will give me one more chance to prove that I am here to provide high quality roleplay and that I will stick the rules.

Onto the specific scenario that got me banned, I am most disappointed with myself for breaking G4.4. I would like to say that this was something that I was always really consistent on. I don’t really know what got over me in this situation and as to why I disregarded this rule as I wasn’t upset or frustrated about losing the scenario which is shown as I got up from the dodgy and willingly handed over my weapon. I would honestly just put it down to a lapse of judgement so again I’d like to offer my apologies to the other party involved as I understand how this could have ruined the scenario for you. I can ensure you that if I was put in a similar situation that I would do better and ensure that I roleplay my injuries to a high quality.

Overall, I am just here to ask for one last opportunity to prove to the community and the staff team that I can provide high quality roleplay and that I can follow the rules which have been set. I understand my attitude and behaviour in the past has been well below what should be expected from a member in this community and I didn’t think being banned would effect me this much but the 8 months away has made me realise even more how much I miss roleplaying in this community. Whilst I’ve been banned, I’ve spent a lot of my time playing other games and doing things IRL. No other games have given me the same sort of enjoyment and satisfaction as RPUK did for me so I promise you that if I am given another chance, I will value my place here and I will stick to the rules.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: No

Good evening @jonnie moonie, I hope all is well! 🙂

This is certainly an interesting appeal....... Since you've been banned from RPUK, are there any comments you've made that you'd wish to admit to here?

Thank you for the quick response. I understand why you would find this an interesting appeal and I haven't come here to lie. I will admit whilst I was banned, specifically after my appeal was denied for 6 months, I did make some very stupid and disgusting comments. What I said was not appropriate and repeating them in here wouldn't do anyone justice, especially in a public forum. Although what I said was not on the public server, they were still said in a public setting and on a platform other possible members of the server could have seen/witnessed. I am not proud of it and deeply regret what I said and how I acted, it makes me immensely embarrassed to think about looking back

When I was denied I went with the common and silly approach of feeling like I didn’t care and that I didn’t want to return. I thought it was very harsh and disagreed with the decision which resulted in me being angry and frustrated. Upon reflection and now after so much time I now agree with it and feel the decision was justified. I believe that the staff member could see a decline in my roleplay and could see the way I was heading and I fully understand the decision and why it was made. After a long break I now write this appeal with a clear head, with no anger or resentment, looking to have the chance at a fresh start. I can tell you even just a matter of a few weeks after I did care and regretted the things I said. There’s no words to describe my actions and words other than disgusting, vulgar and immature. I can honestly say that the side of me that I displayed back then is gone, it doesn’t represent me as a person and I am far from proud of the way I acted

To the people that I vented my frustration and immature behaviour to I would like to sincerely apologise. I know this might mean nothing to you due to the nature of the comments which I made but I hope that if I’m given another chance I can display a different person to the person I displayed those 7/8 months ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good afternoon @jonnie moonie, thank you for the response! 🙂

You made a fair few comments whilst being banned as stated, and they're absolutely disgusting.
Players making comments such as what you did are not players we want within this community at all, and we're all here to share and enjoy our passion for gaming rather than being toxic and insulting others.

Liam declined your previous appeal with a long list of punishments that YOU and only YOU have managed to acquire through your own actions. We're not going to keep welcoming you back with open arms.
If I decline this appeal right now, will you go to Discord and call me a "Fat Cunt" like you did with Liam? 

I appreciate the response and even entertaining this appeal. I completely agree with you when you say they’re absolutely disgusting. I'd like to reiterate again that I am not proud of the way I behaved and I deeply regret the things I said. I agree with you that we are all here to have fun and play games with friends and the toxicity and insults I gave out were not fit for a member of any gaming community. I’ve come to realise this more and more as time has gone on and I’d like to again offer an apology to Liam and the people affected by the words I used.

Liam did decline my last appeal and looking back now I completely understand why. You are right in saying that the punishments were all at cost of my own actions and my own behaviour. Due to my behaviour I’ve been unable to play the server for 8 months and to be honest I’m grateful for it. I played the server for 2 years straight and I had become to invested in it, at this point I should have known better and to just take a break instead of having the mentality I had. The 6 months cooldown Liam punished me with has made me appreciate the community a lot more and made me realise that I shouldn’t take it for granted.

I understand that you can’t keep welcoming me back with open arms and why I’d understand if this appeal was denied. I’d just love the opportunity to prove to you that things will be different this time and that I won’t be the person I was 8 months ago. This is in the sense of no toxicity and also improving my roleplay to be of a high standard. To answer your last question the answer would be no. If you chose to decline my appeal I’d be completely understanding of the decision and wouldn’t hold any ill intent towards you or any of the staff team.

Good afternoon @jonnie moonie, thanks for the response! 🙂

Overall there is a huge amount of effort put into this appeal which does paint you in a good light and goes a long way. I am not the only staff member whom has had a look into this appeal and I have grabbed opinions from others too due to the nature of this.
You do seem sincere throughout this, however I've just looked back at what actually happened for to receive this ban and got the complete opposite as the attitude portrayed on that night was disgusting. 

We could have perhaps began moving forward, but then after your last appeal you made it even worse by calling Liam a "Fat Cunt" in Discord through rage of being declined which might I add was all due to your own actions.
This may now come across really harsh, and I try not to be throughout unban appeals as I like to give most players another chance but for now this door will remain closed as we're not comfortable letting you back in as of yet.

If you're still wishing to return, and do not decide to have another outburst over this appeal decision then you may re-appeal on 04/02/2024

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back