What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Joshuamacgillivray58 - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuamacgillivray58

Unlinked

Server: GTA RP
Character Name: Michael Connor
Steam ID: 76561198886439732
Ban ID (just the numbers): rpuk14572
Ban Reason: C2.3
Why do you think you were banned: The last moment i played on this server before i was banned was in the nightclub, we got in and started to rob the place. Me and my accomplices at the time started to hide in the building as we heard voices and footsteps what i would believe was police or the owners. we tried to get out and we ended up being locked in. no way out, anyways i thought it was a glitch or someone was trolling us but i had to get to work anyways, so i logged off, the next day i saw i was perma banned for the rule which shortened meant "leaving during a police chase" this is why i think i got banned.
Why should we unban you: I am writing to appeal my ban from roleplay.co.uk server. My name on the server is Michael Connor. I understand that my actions may have violated the rules and disrupted the gameplay experience for others, and for that, I sincerely apologize.

Upon reflection, I realize that my behaviur was inappropriate and not in line with the standards of the community. I take full responsibility for my actions and assure you that they were not intentional or malicious. I am committed to abiding by the rules and contributing positively to the server's environment moving forward.

I have thoroughly reviewed the server rules and guidelines to ensure a better understanding of what is expected of me as a player. I am willing to undergo any additional training or questions deemed necessary to prevent similar incidents in the future. I value the community on the server and recognize the importance of maintaining a respectful and enjoyable atmosphere for all players.

I assure you that I have learned from this experience and am genuinely remorseful for any inconvenience or disruption caused. I kindly request that you reconsider your decision and grant me a second chance to be a part of the server once again.

Thank you for taking the time to review my appeal. I appreciate your consideration and look forward to hearing back.

Sincerely,
Josh MacGillivray (Aka., Michael Connor)
Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Good afternoon @Joshuamacgillivray58 , I hope all is well! :)

Firstly, I appreciate the effort in this appeal, it will definitely help us along.
You say that the door being locked was what you though as a glitch, considering you heard the footsteps and also saw the owner of the shop lock the doors, surely you would know otherwise?

Good afternoon @Joshuamacgillivray58 , I hope all is well! :)

Firstly, I appreciate the effort in this appeal, it will definitely help us along.
You say that the door being locked was what you though as a glitch, considering you heard the footsteps and also saw the owner of the shop lock the doors, surely you would know otherwise?
Hi there, so we heard the footsteps and faint chatter, which we thought police or owner, however i didnt expect to be locked in. i thought this was a glitch as, there would he no way out and could be part of breaking rp rules, obviosuly i shoukdnt of assume and i have learned my mistake.

What i didny mention which i forgit to add was us being in the nightclub for 15-20 mins for what i could remember.

Obviosly i had work and had to go so i thought by how long we spent locked in and nothing was going on it was safe to leave, which now looking back i see where i went wrong and all i can do is apoligise. My mistakes i have committed i have learnt and reflected upon and by this huge mistake i know i will be more cautious in the future of making silly mistakes, i will be more weary now of breaking any rules, and i hope i can become the best standard of being a “roleplayer” i’m realistic and i know i cant be “The best” but i know i can become the best version of myself which i hope to apply to the server.

Thanks for the response!

You knew there was a way out, though, as you had your friend turn up with a lockpick.
Once their lockpick broke, they then attempted to carry you through the door before you came to realise that this wouldn't work (This also falls under exploiting).

If you did have to log off for work during an active scenario, why hadn't you taken any of the relevant steps or attempted to make anyone aware?

Yes this is al true, it’s all coming back to me now. The lock pick did break questioning us more on how the hell we was to get out. I still apologise but although this was still an active scenario i wouldn’t have known who to ask or tell that had to go for work. Would i of had to ask a staff member in dc? i didn’t know and even if i did i would’ve still had to log off most likely resulting in a ban, may i ask what i should’ve done in this moment? again all i can do is say sorry, i never intended it to mess with rp, these servers do give me great joy when i play it’s a shame i got banned because i really did enjoy this server

Good afternoon @Joshuamacgillivray58 , thanks for the response!

Would i of had to ask a staff member in dc? i didn’t know and even if i did i would’ve still had to log off most likely resulting in a ban, may i ask what i should’ve done in this moment?
I appreciate that you've actually asked for guidance, rather than attempting to throw a load of rubbish at the appeal!
Obviously real life comes first, if you need to disconnect in an active scenario we ask that you attempt to make any relevant players aware in /ooc or /looc. We would also ask you to open a Discord ticket and make staff aware you're logging off in an active scenario for X reason so we're aware and you don't get the ban.

During the scenario, why were you breaking character constantly alongside asking what happens if you die, and perhaps you should both kill each other?

Good afternoon @Joshuamacgillivray58 , thanks for the response!

I appreciate that you've actually asked for guidance, rather than attempting to throw a load of rubbish at the appeal!
Obviously real life comes first, if you need to disconnect in an active scenario we ask that you attempt to make any relevant players aware in /ooc or /looc. We would also ask you to open a Discord ticket and make staff aware you're logging off in an active scenario for X reason so we're aware and you don't get the ban.

During the scenario, why were you breaking character constantly alongside asking what happens if you die, and perhaps you should both kill each other?
Hi there,
okay thats good to know, next time in any server i will remember to do so thanks for the advice.
obviously this was a long time ago, i dont remmeber exactly what was being said between us at the time but i do remember being with my friends who are from irl, i acctualy was the one to invite and encouage them to join lol.
anyways i believe thats why the use of breaking character was invloved, obviously when we are around about in the city next to people in public we are always in character and following rp rules to the best we can. however i guess we all got a lil excited and confused, but as i say again this was a long time ago and i do not remember much haha, and sorry for not being able to share for the appeal.

Thanks for the response @Joshuamacgillivray58 !

If you enjoyed playing this server, why has it taken you 6 months to appeal the ban out of curiosity?

Have you been playing anywhere else since receiving this ban? I ask this question attempting to gather a bigger insight as to if you've been gaining any further roleplaying experience.

Sorry for the late reply.

well initially i did try and unban at the time however then i honestly had no clue why i was banned. after i was banned i took a break from 5M as a whole, it was draining trying to find a good server with fair admins and in total not a shitty server.

Recently i got back into it and i did eventually remmeber a fair reason on why i got banned, which is when i started to appeal. since the appeal ive been on two main servers, first is PMA 18+ server, its a very good american styled server and i love playing on it, however the admins on the game are very harsh on the people, banning for 2 days eveywhere just on standard roleplay. im also apart of the british dream rp where i am a police constable and have been for a week now. the rp in the server is strong and its great to be able to have fun again in a server. Since my ban i have been more weary on all the rules. obviously theyve always been in mind but ive now im more cautious.

i would say my roleplaying expiernce has definitly improved as when i first joined 5M is when i just got my PC, october time. im now back playing 6 months later, rules and guidance in mind when roleplaying overall i feel like im the better roleplayer i was before. Just talking about this server gives me joy for when i was playing it, i feel excited ready to play although im still at the appeal im not going to beg and plead for a second chance because i know its complety up to you, and i know my wrong doings, what i did was wrong and again i am sorry. Thankyou for your time with this whole appeal i do greatly appreciate this.

Good morning @Joshuamacgillivray58 , I hope you're have a wonderful start to the day!

I'm glad to hear you've been gaining all sorts of different roleplaying experience elswhere in the meantime, hopefully it's something that could come into play here if all goes well ;).
This does have me curious as to what your plan is if given another chance on RPUK;

What character(s) are you looking to play?
What high quality roleplay could you provide here?

As a side note, after you respond, please could you open a Discord Ticket under the forums category and @ Dano? Many thanks!

Hi there, i am thankyou!

My initial character was sort of a gang member/love for life, a loyal man to whoever needed and a man for hire for any job, however his only fear being death,coming from a loving, rich family, michael had moved away to this city for his lack of family fortune he was given. Hes passionate and dedicated for the money, willing to do anything to get past things in his way. He may not be a gang lord of an actual gang member, but he will always try and make the most money he can.
I would also like Michael to have a cousin later on down the line, a policeman true to his job, incorruptible, a loyal man who has just flown in, he would carry the same traits as Michael being, motivated for his job, however his desire for money is not and does not fear death. He comes from a foster home where he had no sense of "family" due to a devastating car crash his parents were in. He cares more about getting his job done and nothing else.

My roleplaying expiernce has definitely improved and i feel ready to emerce into the character, i can bring
1.) Consistency
Being true to myself (the charcter) the whole way through staying motivated to my charcters desires, this is key as consistent characterization fosters peoples imagination and allows other players to become deeply engaged with my character and others around them.
2.) Emotinal range, being able to explore the full spectrum of emotions in roleplaying from the highs of excitment to the lows of fear and vulnerability, this emotional depth will definitley add realism and depth to interactions with other players

Good evening @Joshuamacgillivray58 .

As per the TS conversation, this ban will now be lifted.
Any ban within the next 6 months will be a permanent as per FBS.

UNBANNED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back