What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - JuanNUmbahJUan - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanNUmbahJUan

Server: GTA RP
Character Name: Juan Vaffanculo
Steam ID: 76561198991628954
Ban ID (just the numbers): 12887
Ban Reason: C2.3 Combat Logging
Why do you think you were banned: I was vdmed by some new players and they didn't stop to check on me and I was revived by the ems right there and then.
Afterwards I looked around for them but forgot what they looked like.
15 to 30 minutes later I found them and talked to them and if I remember correctly, managed to kill one by stabbing him.

A friend of theirs then fled, got into a car and drove away.
I knew I was at a disadvantage with my vehicle since I only had a quad but I got on it and headed in the same direction as him.
When I saw that I was near my house, I tried to drive there to get a better vehicle or hide in my house and call it a day.

While I was on my way to my house, he started bumping into me several times. I managed to get to my house but was vdmed again or stabbed i don't recall but i was trying to put my car in the garage/parking lot as the vdm started.

After I was on the ground (Dead), he tried to put me in the trunk of his already smoking car.
After he succeeded and got into the vehicle, the car stalled (the engine wouldn't start) and went nowhere.
I then pressed E to get out of the trunk and saw him trying to get a new car.

While he came back with a new car, he tried to put me into the trunk again and I left the server.

I didn't care about the items I was carrying and I was tired, I know this isn't the best way to tackle the problem because none of it should've happened because of multiple vdm's on their behalf.
I logged out and was sure that the next day when I log back in I'll just start over, with all my items lost and of course no idea what happened.
Now I realize that I have to persevere until the end of a scenario, even when I'm struggling with new players, even when I'm tired regardless of how frustrated rule breaking players can make me feel.
Why should we unban you: The ban was 10 months ago. Liam told me to wait at least a month and maybe a little longer so I could memorize the rules and learn from my mistakes.
I also have a question about a rule, which I will address at the end of this part.

To this moment I deeply regret my decision to combat log, I played this game pretty much everyday because of how much I love being on the server not only for it the RP elements but for all the friends I've made there... Besides that fact though, I've made this new player's RP experience worse and I hope he doesn't incorporate this further into his roleplaying.
I knew better and should have acted more responsibly and maturely, I sincerely apologise for behaving in such a manner and I think my almost time away (almost a year now) that I have learned my lesson. There's no real excuse for this especially when it comes to new players. I just wish I would didn't do it.

I really love playing on the RPUK servers and a friend is thinking about joining again and I would like to stay with him and go offline when he goes offline because I wouldn't be alone and run the risk of bumping into possible new players who don't take the server's rule that seriously. Again I 100% agree that answering a rule break (vdm) by breaking the rules (combat logging) isn't the way to handle this and I truly understand this now. I would hate to no longer be able to experience any parts of the roleplay happening on this server especially because of the amount of time I've invested into the server over the years.

That's why I've decided not to play alone anymore and of all the RP servers on FiveM, RPUK is the best, I'm genuinely not just saying that, I've did a great deal of things on this server that were just incredible to experience, gun deals, exploring for mysteries around the map that the admins may of left in there for us to find, bank heists and as silly as it sounds, I even miss mining for a good payday from a certain well respected group on the server.

I am confident that I will be more lenient towards new players if you decide to accept this appeal.
I hope that my effort in making this appeal was not too small so that you can decide about my ban.

Thank you for taking your time into reading and evaluating this Unban Appeal
Juan
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Regarding my question about the rule ((C5.2) Questionable Profile) and (C1.4) Harassment:

My characters last name is Vaffanculo what means as much as F*** You in Italian,
I think it is needed to be changed since it is harassment on the lowest level and I will admit it that it was incredible immature for me to do this, I'm not proud of it looking back, I'm really not.

I already have a new surname for me to use that is completely normal and non-provocative and in RP I could pretend that the government had forced me into witness protection or even simply ignore any recollection of my previous surname and in the most extreme answer, I could possibly make a new character.
so that I will have a surname that is English or at least not rebellious in nature.

If this part needs to go through a different form, I'm willing to do that.
Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

The surname is not harassment by any stretch of the imagination, furthermore C5.2 is a forum rule.

I think this gives me concern that you still don’t understand the rules on the server. Can you please explain to me how they work?

English is not my first language, I'm not completely fluent in it so by harassment I mean its more along the lines of being disrespectful by having a "hidden" surname hiding behind a language most people, if not all people won't know on the server.

I understand the rules so to put it in an easier context for you to read, there simply wouldn't be a character on the server with the surname F You in English because they would most likely get banned instantly or forced to change the name so if anything I'm just coming clean of my previous immature decision to have my character's surname be F You in Italian, where absolutely nobody would notice what it means because I assume that 99% of the server don't speak Italian.

I hope this is easier for you to understand where I was coming from.

I understand - however the name won’t be changed given the length of time you’ve had it.

My second question still remains

Thank you for letting me know that I don't have to be concerned about my surname.

For your second question: As far as I understand the generality of all rules are set in place to ensure a nice RP experience for everyone equally also to ensure that we respect each other while playing and to make sure that cheaters have no excuses to make once they've read these rules.

You’ve played the server a decent amount in the past and know the combat logging rule, so what made you decide to log in that moment?

Like I stated previously, I was extremely frustrated by this new player breaking the rules (vdm'ing me) and I'm not condoning answering a rule break by breaking the rules myself either. I know now that I should've just recorded the situation and reported it to deal with this person instead of combat logging, I'm really ashamed that I was pushed to the point that I did that. My long time away from the server has given me time to think about my actions and how wrong they were and I deeply regret it because this entire time I've wanted to be on the server everyday, no other game compares to it in terms of having fun both practically and socially, I made a great deal of friends on this server and I miss them. That in itself is probably the main reason why I won't combat log again because I want to be able to log on each day and play with them.

Good afternoon @JuanNUmbahJUan , I hope all is well with you?

Like I stated previously, I was extremely frustrated by this new player breaking the rules (vdm'ing me)
Do you often act out of frustration? You have broken a rule this time out of frustration, so what would stop you from doing it again if given another chance?

There are many different factors that would stop me from doing it again but the main reason would be the fact that I've wanted to be on the server everyday ever since, I really miss my friends on RPUK and I've not been able to spend time with them on the server because of my own rash actions. This alone has taught me a major lesson as to why I shouldn't react out of frustration in the future because it can restrict my ability to enjoy myself online when I play on my PC. Another reason would be that I wasn't too proud of myself as a person to be reacting out of anger, its taught me a lesson not only for the server but for myself outside of the server because those kind of reactions usually lead to bad outcomes. I regret what I did and I'm sorry for it.

Good morning @JuanNUmbahJUan !

Thanks for the response, could I just ask your purpose here overall?
The fact you've managed to get frustrated shows a win/loss mentality to me which is definitely something we do not want here - We're looking for players who can enjoy scenarios regardless of the outcome.

Sorry for the late reply, I was spending time with my family over the holidays.

I can see why it comes across as a win/loss mentality but I assure you that it was just a rare occurrence of pure frustration because this person was by the looks of it, very new to the server, he was carelessly vdm'ing me, not once but twice in a local car. It was 3am and I got very frustrated that I was playing with someone who simply wasn't playing by the rules. I didn't really have anything to win or lose from this scenario and the thing I regret the most and have learned my lesson from is that I should simply let the RP (regardless of the quality) play out and not answer a rule break by breaking the rules myself. I deeply regret doing it because all I've ever wanted to do ever since is play on the server and hang out with my friends there. I really hope you guys can understand that if I do get unbanned that I won't ever do anything silly like this again and I will RP the scenario instead of leaving it.

Hello @JuanNUmbahJUan , not a problem, I hope you enjoyed the holidays!

What's your plan if you're able to return to the server again?

Thank you, my holidays were really fun and I had a good time with my family,

My overall plan is to focus on my character's RP, Juan has always been an avid worker on the server, mainly mining and also doing taxi jobs but I want to be more than just a solo worker in my spare time, I also want to do more than just to be hanging around with my friends too. I want to establish connections in the city to create a broader roleplaying experience whether that be that I join certain groups or organisations (Probably not any of the "gangs" though), I could apply for a job in one of the many business' in the city, which will open the door to meeting more people and allow me to RP a vast variety of different types of scenarios. For example I think I would enjoy being a mechanic, a barman or even a car salesman. If I still have my hunting licence I would absolutely love to be a hunter as I really enjoyed being in the countryside as a little break from the main city sometimes.

Overall I want to get my character really involved with the community of the server and not just be going around doing my own thing all the time, I want to work with others and hopefully give other people good RP and make their experience as good as I want my own to be.

Good evening @JuanNUmbahJUan ,

I like the idea of your overall plan and if given another chance would love to track the progress and see how all of this players out!

I deeply regret it because this entire time I've wanted to be on the server everyday
If this is the case, why did you not appeal sooner?

The reason I didn't apply sooner is honestly a personal issue that I was going through IRL. Without going into too much detail, I was not living in a permanent accommodation as well as working all the time, life was pretty hard for me up until recently but currently and for the foreseeable future I will have the time available to play again and for me, this is my favorite pastime activity so I thought I would appeal my ban status in hopes that I could begin to RP again.

Thanks for the response @JuanNUmbahJUan , that totally makes sense! :)

You've made this entire appeal based off of the fact you want to play with a friend here, is this the only reason you'd like to return?
How can you guarantee me you won't play alone? At some point, you will.

Not just one friend but quite a few. What I mean by that point is that I won't be playing alone into the early hours of the morning by myself again because I feel that this time is when there are less admins online to monitor possible rule-breakers who come on to play the game however they like. I will be sticking around with friends during the day and if some of them are online during the early hours then I'll possibly hang around but most likely not. Just to stay on the safe side of things really.

Good morning @JuanNUmbahJUan ,

It's been a year in-between this current ban and your previous ban.
Judging by how this appeal has gone, I am inclined to give you one more chance here and see if you have actually improved on your roleplay.

We will not keep giving chance after chance, so, do not waste this one.
Any ban you receive within the next 6 months will be a permanent taking you right back here and I can assure you, it will be much harder to appeal.

UNBANNED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back