What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - KCAJ - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCAJ

Unlinked
Unban Appeal for KCAJ 

In-game Name: Jack Ronald

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198178018448

Ban ID: !!rpuk11914!!

Reason given for your ban: G 3.1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned for logging on and at the same time the hustlers pushed 229 turf.

Why should we unban you ?: I am going to be wholeheartedly honest in this appeal, as this is something very out of the blue for me to do and I regret my actions. During my long 7+ years in this community, I have loved every moment. For me to do something so stupid to jeopardise my time here is very uncharacteristic of me.

Quite early in the morning, I saw a discord message from another member telling us to get on the server due to Hustlers being active in which I saw and logged into the server.

I don't think that is why I was banned, and think it was due to when Hustlers had pushed our turf at the same time that me and another member logged on to sell him a Marksman Pistol. There was a message stating that "hustlers on turf" by this point I was already loading into the server and was on the loading in screen and shortly after the select a character screen.

I continued as if I had not seen the message, set a radio frequency and asked the others that were around turf what was happening, as stated myself and kina were logging on as i was going to sell him a gun, and at the same time that this had happened hustlers pushed turf.

I can see why this is a rule break and how it was unfair on the opposing gang pushing. I let OOC information influence me and put the other players at a disadvantage, something that I know is wrong now looking back on it and just simply isn't fair.

I have taken time away since my ban and used that time to reflect on my actions and to also realise that I do miss playing.

If given another chance something like this would never happen again and I would be more strict on myself to not break any type of rule. I am usually very hot on myself and my members to not break any rules and will be extremely strict going forward. Being a higher up in a whitelisted gang, I have to set an example, and I let myself down with a stupid lapse of judgement. I can assure and promise you, it will not happen again.

In the last year I have not broken any rules and not been banned, I can assure you this is the same thing that you will see from me and I will continue to stick with in the rules and make sure that the other people in 229 are also doing the same.

Thank you for your time.
KC

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Hello @KCAJ

Quite early in the morning, I saw a discord message from another member telling us to get on the server due to Hustlers being active in which I saw and logged into the server.
I am happy to see that you figured out why you were banned and owned up to it, as this was indeed the reason. The incident later on was just the tip of the iceberg and whether or not that was metagaming too or just bad timing was not quite as relevant to the ban as the first situation. 

Now, let´s move on. Simple question - Why? 
I am also glad to see that you have changed your mind about appealing your ban, as you seemed to be "throwing your toys out the pram" a little bit after your ban was placed, stating that you had done nothing wrong when speaking to staff in teamspeak. What was that all about and why did you not own up right there?

Thank you for replying Sammy, 

So as for why, I had planned to go onto the server that late that evening/morning anyway as CFX had been down for the majority of the night and I wanted to play. Seeing the message prompted me to do so a little sooner rather than doing this on my own accord with no outside knowledge of what was currently happening. Looking back now this was a mistake and should not have affected me logging on the server at all.

Now moving on I understand the perspective of the staff team after the conversation that we had in TeamSpeak, however my initial thoughts of the ban were relating to the night that I was banned and nothing before that, and I felt a little hard done by at the time that I was logging on the server and at the same time there was something happening at 229 turf, something which I had no control over and change, as stated before I was simply logging on to complete something that was previously planned the night before. It was only later that I realised what had happened before this and a supposed "lightbulb" moment, which is when I realised that there was as you stated more underlying reasons for my ban.

Which I why I have now appealed realising that I did actually break the rules and knew the full reasoning to my permanent ban.

The reason that I didn't "own up to it" was because at the time of our TeamSpeak conversation I was a little tunnel minded to that night and completely over looked what had happened previously it was only after I gave myself some time to reflect on what had actually happened I realised where I made the mistake. I do apologise if my attitude in that TeamSpeak call came across as childish but at the time I was unaware of any actions that were deemed worthy of a permanent ban.

And the reason that I have left it a while before appealing was one I didn't know until looking back the exact reason that I received a ban and two gave myself some time away from the server in order to have a "break" so to speak and allow myself If I were to come back provide a positive experience to those that I meet in RP.

Thank you for reading. 
KC

Do you consider yourself a role model to other 229 members?

Hi Liam,

Yes I do consider myself a role model to other 229 members. Being a higher up in a whitelisted gang comes with responsibilities, and during my silly lapse of judgement, which I regret deeply, I broke a rule.

This isn’t the example I wish to set, since working my way up the ranks through 229, I have always put roleplay first. Myself and the other higher ups have been commended on our roleplay many times, and ultimately got whitelisted due to our roleplay. I wish to continue my characters story, and going back providing the best possible rp, and being a good example and role model to my members and friends.

I have taken this server seriously from the start, putting so much time into it, and I seriously want to continue doing that to the highest standard possible.

I have been nothing but truthful and honest in this unban appeal, and I hope staff can see that too. If given another chance on the server, you won’t see me on this part of the forums again. I WILL do better, I WILL set a good example, and I promise to you that going forward nothing like this happens again with myself and my group.

As always, thank you for your time.

We will not stand for players abusing the system to gain an advantage over other players, it is not on and you will be caught and banned for it much like what has happened with yourself, other 229 members, and a few Marabunta members.

what steps will you take going forward to not act on OOC influence and how can we trust you?

Going forward I would ensure no member within 229, including myself, sends any type of message that asks or hints at people to ‘hop on’. At the end of the day, we are here to have fun and we agree upon rules before playing this amazing server. I have put people at a disadvantage and ruined their roleplay scenarios by acting upon a message within discord. This will not happen again. I have no need, nor does anyone else, need to use discord whilst playing the server. What happens within roleplay, stays within roleplay, and any outside influence should never, and will never, happen again from myself.

Again, I am taking responsibility for my stupid actions and owning up to it. I made a mistake and have learnt from this, I can promise you that.

I hope you can see that I have taken this ban in the best way possible and a way to better myself going forward. I will make sure to set a good example in the future. Thank you.

Looking at your replies,

its clear to see that you have learned your lesson and that you wont be back here on the forums for another rule break. Your last ban before this one was December 2021, you have been a member of this community since 2015. You should've known better and I hope that you do actually learn from this and better yourself.

Unbanned

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back