What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - KCAJ - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCAJ

Unlinked
Unban Appeal for KCAJ 

In-game Name: Jack Ronald

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198178018448

Ban ID: !!rpuk13786!!

Reason given for your ban: Revenge Report

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I think I was banned for sending something, to staff about a staff member, and involved a person that was in 229.

And it was interpreted that I had done this because they had left 229 and deemed "revenge"

Why should we unban you ?: Over the time that I have played 229 I have been banned permanently twice,

Once for exploiting - Causing minus likes on tweedle this was deemed at the time that it should not have been able to be done, however I was newer to the server then and thought that it was common place, I was unbanned for this.

Over a year later I received a ban for metagaming - Which was a serious ban and I was unbanned and since have followed the rules at every single point.

Over the time that I have played the server and being a leader of a gang for the majority of this, I have created numerous roleplay scenarios and been invovled in very serious roleplay scenarios that take a lot of effort to create, I have been part of the major "meta" changing groups that are on the server, I have had serious roleplay with both.

I have made sure that throughout my time on the server that I have always attempted and tried to make each different situation unique for all ensuring that all situations that I have entered into are fun for all.

Throughout leading the gang 229 I have always tried to help new groups expand and make their mark on the server and keep them around and in turn help the community grow, because the amount of times that I saw a new group come about and fizzle out I didn't want to see this and tried my best to make their time on the server better, giving them access to things making sure that they could further their RP with it, having deals of their own and make sure that they are experiencing the same levels of roleplay that myself and the rest of 229 were allowed to experience.

I have a very personal and detailed account of what it is like for a gang to come into the server and start up and go from nothing to being in a position that 229 was, something that I have always tried to push other gangs in that direction, I think that my experience with this is something that I tried to motivate others with in hope that they will stay and try their best to achieve something, in turn making the community better, the more the merrier so to speak. I have worked very hard with the Lost MC and the Firm to allow this to happen and it has always been something since I started playing the server that I wanted to achieve being able to help others.

I used my position as a leader to try and ensure that we were doing the best for the newer gangs and helping them grow, the same way 229 did.

Now moving on, over my time as a gang lead, I have tried where ever possible to be present in liasons with my gang members, helping them to understand if they had done something wrong and hoping that this means that the same mistakes would not keep being made, I spent countless hours doing this, I pushed for community meetings in hope that the community would benefit from this and talking and overall feel that I have been a person that has always tried to make positive changes.

I think that over my time here I have spent probably 3/4 of the time that I have spent in game OOC sorting out issues or making plans for roleplay, ensuring that 229 stay on top of issues that we have had, now whilst some might have slipped through the net that is always going to be the case but wherever possible I have tried to limit this as much as possible, but people make their own choices regardless of what I say or do.

I have always been big on improving the community as after all I have been here for so long, and I only want to see the community getting better and being better, and at times I might have become frustrated or voiced my opinions in a way that is more raw and less refined showing more emotion, but my only aim is to make the community better.

I know I have made mistakes previously and clashed with some members of the community over certain issues that have arisen but I want to make sure that it's known that this was out of passion to improve and the difference in opinions or the way I have felt at times that there is change that might be beneficial, and looking back I understand that this was the wrong take to have and probably quite immature and to the people reading this might take a double read and question the sentence that they have just read. But I can assure you that I do want better for the community and I have reasons for the everything, whether they have been communicated or answered I am happy to.

My aims as a member of the community and in the position that I have been in is to make things better for everyone, now again this might come across as quite contradictive considering the things that have just happened and most people are well aware of, but at the same time toxicity is everywhere and you're never going to be able to remove it fully, or know exactly what is being said or about who, but you are able to manage it, which is something that I always tried to do, and stop it from over-spilling into the rest of the community and becoming rather invasive.

If you know me and know one of the main issues that I have been fighting for is to remove toxicity and make sure that it does not become something people change the way that they roleplay to avoid, and it has been a point of mine for over 6 months now. You might ask why these members were part of my gang, but I have always been a person that accepts challenge and believes in everyone and wants to give everyone a chance yes I have maybe made the wrong choice about some previous members of 229, but there is also people that have been a part of 229 that have grown and learnt so much whilst being in 229 and I would quite easily say that they are some of the best roleplayers on the server.

If I didn't give them a chance when I did then I would say these members would be banned and no longer be able to provide that high quality roleplay on the server anymore, and myself and others would have lost out on their unique twist and takes on scenarios, which is always beneficial to any situation. I hope that clears up the elephant in the room of why were they a part of 229, like I said above I thought it would be better to manage this and give people a chance, so it was not a case of sitting back and doing nothing but rather make a positive change.

This type of attitude is something that I want to take forward and continue trying to improve the little things as they all add up, yes I know that there is some animosity around my name at the minute and probably some confusion about, What Next? Well let me explain.

The plan for me if I was to return would be hopefully to carry on leading 229, properly. I understand that I might have become lazy recently and whilst not directly allowing things to happen there was more I could do, my attitude due to many different reasons and mitigating circumstances which I won't go into detail here and keep them private, became laissez-faire letting things take their own course rather than being on top of it and directing this in the correct way like I always had done.

Maybe I needed a wake up call that this is not the way to improve or make things better and that in-fact everything that I have worked for and achieved was about to go down the drain, I do not want this to happen although again my attitude might show this, or my recent behaviour. I want to make it clear that the things I have worked for and achieved in the community the amount of time that myself and others have spent has been allowed by the RPUK community and would not have been possible without the server as a catalyst for the things that myself and the rest of 229 achieved.

I suppose acting entitled and thinking that it was acceptable to behave in the way that I did and I do not want to make excuses but was born out of my attitude of letting things take their own course and then trying to change things once they had already happened, which is an impossible task no one can predict the future or change the past, and it was something that I was trying to do change the past, and in turn my emotions/behaviour reflected this frustration knowing that I had made these mistakes and wanting to change them too late was not possible. So I apologise to the entire staff team on this behalf.

I have taken time to think and used it as a wake up call that I if were to be unbanned then the attitude of myself would have a swift change and I would regain that proactive behaviour and positive mindset that I kept for 2 years, instead of allowing things to happen that I would not normally. There is a stage where everyone becomes burnt out or has a change in heart, and over the recent few weeks a lot of things have happened which built up to a point where I don't want to say that I had given up but I lost heart.

And at the time that these things were happening I was consistently blaming it on other people, when in fact it was myself to blame. I had allowed this to happen I had allowed the group to go down this path and the changes that were implemented because of this and my anger/frustration at the time was born out of the fact that I had allowed it to happen, and as a way of making things easier I blamed it on others when in reality it was my fault, and for that I do apologise.

I think that If I was to return that I could make some really positive changes and allow people to see things in a different light or experience things in a way that they might not have thought was possible, the roleplay that I intend and always have tried to create has been unique and in hope that it changes some of the same old scripted stories that are common place on the server, giving people a new experience from ones that they have experienced regularly.

I hold the server highly and I have been a part of it for a long long time and seen people come and go, and seen people leave and come back, now this is something that I do not want to give up yet, and want to continue being a part of the the server and make changes for the better, as I have stated previously I am always willing to learn from my mistakes, but taking charge and realising that you have made mistakes is the first step in doing so, which I have.

But I have always said it's how people deal with the mistakes and improve on them that matters, which is why I have always been big on giving people chances when others might not have and allowing them to change, and grow as a person/character. Which is something that I need to do myself, I need to grow as a person and realise that I have made mistakes and that I have a lot to answer for, but at the end of it I hope I can still be a part of this community and make some positive change for everyone.

Now moving on I am more than happy to hold my hands up and state that the actions that I have taken over the last 2 months might not have been the best and understand that there is a serious lack of trust between myself and the staff team at the minute and I want to touch on that. I know the mistakes that I have made and want to make reparations to this and I can never truly make the things that I have done better but I can make the changes to make the future of my roleplay and the roleplay of 229 better for all, something in which I am very willing to do and will work hard to achieve.

I have always been a person that wants to lead by example and is why I have always tried where-ever possible to make situation unique and something for the other people I am roleplaying with to remember, in hope that others follow suit, even if they are not a part of 229 they might take something forward and use it themselves, which is quite common to do so it has always been a big thing for me. Leading by example which has been missing recently and I have almost fell of the wagon, needing something to remind me that I need to get back onto it or I am going to lose out on everything I have worked for.

I want to make it clear that I have received that message loud and clear that there is changes that need to be made and urgently, which is something that I am well aware of and I assure you very capable of doing so. I want to make these changes not just for my benefit but for everyone, I want people to see what I can really do and make happen. I feel as if I am obligated to do so as I am grateful for everything that I have gained through playing RPUK and the time that has been spent in order to allow for certain things to happen.

I know that there is a serious doubt on whether I can or not, and if I actually want to. But like I said before I have been here since 2015 that's 8 years ago almost 9 that I joined the community, and i hope that show that shows I have been here through the good times and the bad and I am willing to dig deep and make changes happen when they need to. I can assure you I do not want to lead myself or others down a path that you are no longer able to turn around and walk back from.

I assure you that changes will be made, before it is too late.

I understand that there is a great deal more left to answer which I am very willing to do so.

Thank you for reading,

KC

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Hello there @KCAJ

That´s a pretty long appeal - did you write this yourself?

Thank you for the reply Sammy.

I did spend the best part of 2 hours sitting and writing this entire appeal, myself.

I have no reason to ask anyone else to write an appeal for me as it's my words that are meaningful and matter, not someone else's.

I want to stay in the community and already have potentially jeopardised that, I am not going to risk it further by not even writing my appeal that would be extremely imprudent and cause even more mistrust between myself and the staff members, something which I am trying to recoup not push away even further.

Whilst I understand the appeal is extremely long and would take the best part of 5 minutes to read, the reason for this is I do want to remain part of the community and felt that I owed a full and in depth explanation as to some of the behaviour and poor decision making that you have seen from me, which I feel I have done above. This is not something that I could have done with a mere few sentences and thus the reason for the unban appeal being so long.

I spent a lot of time and effort writing this for the simple fact that I have messed up, something I am willing to accept in full, but with this appeal I hope I can clear up some of the reasons for my actions and make some sort of atonement for the mistakes I have made, whilst this will take a long time and a lot of effort It's something that I am very willing and enthusiastic to do. I feel as if I owe that to the community and the staff members that placed their trust in myself originally. 

I hope that answers your question in it's entirety and if you need me to answer anything more I will be willing to in full.

Thank you for the time that you have spent reading the appeal, and I look forward to yours and/or (the staff teams) next reply.

Cheers KCAJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did spend the best part of 2 hours sitting and writing this entire appeal, myself.
Seems you got a little tired by hour 2. 

https://gyazo.com/d0b9e16350fbd31b9c5093975414adda
https://gyazo.com/4db698fde2026569409cc26921e79c09
https://gyazo.com/7212988f20c48aa1dbb938d97697c703
https://gyazo.com/03d0cde9cd95d6bf5fc2cdc9c068a62a

it's my words that are meaningful and matter, not someone else's.
Indeed. Hence why you are welcome to try again in 3 months time. 

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back