What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - KittyKat - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KittyKat

Unlinked
Unban Appeal for KittyKat 

In-game Name: Katelyn Billingsley (Kat)

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 507525434402144288

Ban ID: Unavailable

Reason given for your ban: https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/147674-report-a-player-kat-billingsley-envy-gta-rp/#comment-840724

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I think I was banned due to a miss judgement by the staff the reviewed the report on myself.

Why should we unban you ?: Hello, I believe I should be unbanned based on a miss judgement made by the staff who reviewed the report about myself.

To start with, at no point during any of the situation that entailed was OOC Information used at any moment in time. In the report I had stated there was more evidence to add if the staff wished to question or speak about it at all, yet I was never given the opportunity to bring this to the light of day. Even if I wished to post in on the report it ended up being Locked.

The first thing I'm going to post in the video of us watching Hope & JJ being taken from Kats Shop/Gas station by Cypress, Jeep and Lucy. In RP we was very aware that Lucy most likely wished to Kill Hope based on the whole Rp scenario surrounding it. We further knew in RP that Lucy was attempting to set her up as she had already asked to meet hope alone that day about 1 hour before.
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku3C8wYHMmc
The moment this video ends is where EDI was a few seconds later held up and taken.
Here is a time stamp for when the video was created, and a time stamp for when Rise(JJ) asked use to join a disc call. You can see that there is a far amount of time between them.
Pic 1: https://i.gyazo.com/0d82c91a97a05a3a0bd04b7a5706b4e9.png
Pic 2: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/916303997403561985/1137488015581790298/image.png

This is what I stated as a response on the original report, which I'm assuming is the reasoning for my ban. As I openly and honestly state that I was in a call I with other people.
https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/15uKb8Qctkup-JbhV4IuChbcAlpTHIKTSMKlFHr54ds/https/i.gyazo.com/194f0881dc2287a83e82b27f41c4f124.png
As of current, I can not access my call logs via game but if you wish to see them I guess you can check the Logs or let me grab that evidence.

I struggle to understand how or where OOC Information was used at any point in this situation. I'm more than happy to answer any questions which staff may have in regards to this as I can confidently say that this is a miss judgement in the evidence provided originally.

Kind regards, Kat

p.s I couldn't find the Ban ID as for it shows the server is Offline and I'm unable to get past that

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Hello @KittyKat!

What im getting from this is that you were watching JJ's stream rather than Hope's.
Looking at the time when you came to your conclusion and the time Hope was killed, JJ's perspective would have confirmed your suspicion that Hope had been killed.

So help me understand, are you disputing the fact that you were watching JJ's stream and allowed it to affect your roleplay with EDI? You also state ''i was in a call with other people'' but you're only outing JJ's involvement, why?

I'm not entirely sure where you have got the assumption that I was "watching" someone stream. No where in any of my previous comments did I mention that, all I had stated was that I was in a call with them. Please do not put words into my mouth.  And the truth of the matter is, it was just a call. You see the thing with this, that I don't quite understand is that you have come to the conclusion of me mete-gaming under the fact I was in a call with friends. Which is completely alright, but is advised against. I openly came forward with information to help support the claims we was making in the report and was truthful about it all. Yet somewhere within the process of the staff dealing with it, you deemed that I had meta-gamed because I was in a call with one of the victims. I'm not too sure how you deciphered that I meta-gamed because of a clip where EDI admitted she informed, you as Jeep and Lucy of Hopes and JJ'S location, there for deeming her a rat and un-trustworthy. Not to mention but also Lucy's partner. 

The clip above you can clearly see is not from my POV but Envy's, in the clip you can also hear me speak as everything is going down and watching hope and everything happen. There for I'm not to sure how that can be considered metagaming. The point I'm trying to get at is when dealing with this report it seems that you have made and assumption on a situation you didnt know the whole story about, if you had just asked a few simple questions to any of us, we could of call gladly answered with confidence that no foul place was had.

I feel like with this Un-ban a lot of assumptions are going to be made against me due to the nature of it, but i will gladly sit here and type out what happened from start to finish or go in  a call explaining. Within saying that there are a few people that could also back me up. but I will not comment for them doing the same. I also feel, that with you L1L dealing with Un-Ban appeal is not exactly right as I feel as thought your opinion could be biased, as this whole RP you was involved in and during the time of this all taking place you wasn't the biggest fan of my character Kat.

Even if i were to be biased, these appeals are open for all, including staff, to read so I'm sure if that if was the case leads or management would let me know. With that said however I'm not sure why i would be biased, it seems like you've created a perception of me as a person based on my RP with your character which isn't really relevant in my capacity as staff. I think you need to settle down a little bit and allow staff to do their job rather than just arguing, the only one who's making unwarranted assumptions here is yourself. 

I've gone back and reviewed the report on yourself and i will say that yes, it is possible that you weren't watching a stream, but considering you were in that call and the timeline of events im struggling to rule out meta-gaming with any confidence, perhaps you can help me out here? who were you in that call with other than JJ? what was the purpose of going into discord after JJ was downed and Hope was taken?

We also need to talk about the G9.4 ban, what are you thoughts on this?
@KittyKat

Last edited by a moderator:
I have nothing against you as a person, I was just under the assumption that if you are involved in the RP scenario then you should not be dealing with it under any form.

For you comment on saying I'm the only making unwanted assumptions is "myself" I tend to disagree. I think I know what happened that night, and I think I can confidently state what I did and didnt do. 

If you wish to know who I was in a call with, it was Envy, JJ and Hope. I got asked to go to a call, the purpose of supporting a friend who's character who had just been perma-ed because they was attached to the character. Now in RP I knew she was grabbed by Jeep and Lucy. And knowing as Kat about the contract I knew that in that moment she was already dead once taken. And you wasn't scared to take others that was an eye witness. Ultimately as soon as she was grabbed I already knew she wasn't coming back, because the same day about 30mins - 1 hour before Lucy wanted to speak to hope alone about everything but was upset when she wasn't. Not to mention the fact that during this 30mins - 1 hour we had left the observatory where JJ had fallen down a hill and downed himself. During this time we looked for dodgy docs because he didnt want to go to hospital. We couldn't find any, so we tried NHS, via the dispatch system and calling people we knew but no one picked up besides EDI. EDI turns up and then about 5 mins later all of you guys turn up and take JJ and Hope. With me seeing everything because I was sat on the roof, I called it in on radio and ordered EDI to be taken. When we had EDI we took her to the mountain and asked her questions as you can see in the video. We informed her of what she just did and she didnt seem to care, and she also informed us that she had indeed contacted Lucy of Hopes whereabouts and told us that Jeep told her not to trust the likes of Kat, JJ and Hope via text. Therefore throughout our questioning we had come to the conclusions that she was deemed a liability. 

For the note on G9.4, in the report it was stated that a note was applied, not that I was banned for it.
image.png

Thanks for the summary of the situation that got you banned! however, it doesn't answer my question.
One of the main issues I'm having here is ''as soon as she was grabbed I already knew she wasn't coming back'', if you were so sure of this how come you tried to bargain using EDI as a trade for Hopes's life before bringing her on top of the hill? Then, once on the hill, you go silent and then suddenly state that you're confident Hope has been killed (the clip from your own POV). Saying ''we had come to the conclusions'' doesn't make sense either, you were occupied with giving EDI a smoothie when you decided she had to die.

at the moment your statements here contradict your character's motivations and actions in-game, so either you did let OOC information affect your character's decisions or something is missing. I'll let you consider which one it is but also add your thoughts on what effect meta-gaming and using OOC information has on roleplay.

For clarity's sake, You are also banned for G9.4, Kindly reply accordingly.
@KittyKat

During the phone call with you, I stated I knew you had hope because I watched it happen. We then had a back and forth about a couple of things. During the end of the convo I asked you to "give me hope back" again. You said no, I stated "well EDI is mine then" You said "why didnt you tell me this in the first place". I then said "why should I tell you what I have". I asked you to give hope back again and you said you would call me back. In turn you didnt and during that time of you saying you would call me back we had EDI on the hill. The fact that I never heard anything back from you we had come to the basis that she was dead and for the things EDI had admitted to we would kill her under the assumption of being a liability. I think its fine for me to say that we've come to the basis, as i had heard nothing back from you and also I went silent in the convo because I was thinking. Now I've just gone back as looked at the footage myself and can see where you think I joined someone stream, this isn't the case. I was streaming to other parties, and thats why you hear JJ state "why she being weird". If you would like I can send a picture of my gaming set up, and show you that I only have one monitor then I can do and with Medal if you tab out of one tab to another its comes up with "game out of focus" - "Video unavailable".

If you are asking if any information is missing I can assure you there is not, if I was to add what else was said in that call it would be going into someone personal life OOC that they are having trouble with and I do not wish to disclose that on a public Un-Ban appeal. Yes it was my choose to go into that call, but to comfort a friend in need at the time with the Perma in place and some personal Issues. This is why I had stated that I'm willing to talk about this in a call with other staff or can get other people to back up my point. I know this isn't there ban to fight for but they was much apart of the situation as you and I was. 

I understand the effect that Meta-gaming and using OOC Information on people RP, if it is done. I've been apart of the community for the past 2 years and as it was stated "I should know better". And I can assure you I do, I wouldn't dream of wanting to meta-game and my one and only ban has been from spamming tweedle because I panicked about posting something I didnt want on there and I understood I fucked up on that occasion. I don't like it when my RP is ruined by people who can not play by the rules, so I wouldn't want to put others through the same situation.

Thank you for clarifying that as I wasn't sure from what was stated. As I had stated in the ticket, I have no problems with the Ban of G9.4 being place. I have always stated if I have done something wrong then pay me my dues. In my eyes, I would say that it is reasonable for you to have banned me for that. I can agree on the fact that it was a bit of a mess and if I could go back and change anything then I would. Do I think that me taking EDI was a big no no, not at all because I feel like my reason was justifiable. Could I have done more RP with EDI, of course. 

As I had also stated in the Ticket that I feel like this has been miss judged because you applied the Ban of G3.1 with little information and not asking us some questions that could of resolved a mix up

Hello there @KittyKat

I will be taking this appeal over from here. Please bear with me, while I catch up on the report that lead you here and all the information above. If you have anything to add for me to look at, please do so in the meantime. 

I don't think I have anything else to add, but there was at least a whole months worth of RP storyline before this RP scenario which lead to the ban that can explain my actions within RP and the time leading up to EDI death. Which I am willing to talk about in a ticket with you since I would rather protect the server meta for that part of the community. As for what we was doing in that call, there is evidence of what was stated above but I would rather not release that here either and without the persons permission to do so due to the sensitivity of it all. If you would like me to look into getting permission, I can try to and as long as thats all good I can share that privately with yourself.  I will be happy to answer any questions you have and thank you for your time within dealing with this appeal.

- Kat

Hello there @KittyKat, my apologies for taking so long, I got sick and had to take a step back for a couple days. 

I have gone through the report once again and looked at all the footage and screenshots in detail. I have also dug out some footage I received from Hope and Lucy when the whole perma death contract was reviewed and was able to piece together a pretty accurate timeline of events - that timeline looks very curious to be completely honest and I´d like your opinion on this...

23:24:30 - Lucy practically tells Hope that she will die
23:24:39 - You say "I´ve come to the basis that Jeep has killed Hope"
23:24:54 - JJ bleeds out
23:26:01 - Hope dies
23:26:06 - EDI dies

You do agree that this does not at all look good, correct?

It is alright, I hope that you are feeling better now.

I'll be honest with you and say that I've never really looked that hard into the times stamps in that much depth before now. I can understand why it does not indeed look good. But I also feel as though the matter of seconds between making those choices on my side was incredibly fast for any sort of communication to have taken place if that was the case. 

It was a fairly short timeframe but I would argue it would be more than possible to receive a message, read it and make a decision within the matter of a few seconds, wouldn´t you say? 

Now I´ll give you another shot at thinking about and coming clean about anything that may have influenced your decisions within rp - please do think long and hard if there might not be something after all.

I´d like to point out that you called Jeep at exactly 23:02:06 which tells me EDI was taken very shortly before, as or right after that phone call started, which means you had her for roughly 24 minutes before she shut off. Yet, Hope and EDI die within mere seconds of each other. I´ll be honest with you Kat - that really would be a crazy coincidence... 

I will say with confidence that nothing had influenced my decisions within RP. I did not receive any messages from any parties involved in the RP scenario that was involved, besides the one from JJ asking for me into a VC. To which I streamed my Game to them. During this time. I was in a call with 3 people. JJ, Hope and Envy. You can see that Envy is with me in the RP scenario unmuted. In the Clip you can hear JJ state 1 thing about EDI acting off, and not once do you hear a peep from Hope as she was muted the entire time.

To explain what happened on myside within those 24 minutes, Jeep and Cypress have just took both of them. Once the place is clear EDI who had ran off behind the shop comes back and order Envy to take her. We put her in a local car boot, I drove off towards stab city with EDI. But then got a radio call off Envy stating that EDI was not in the car with me. So I had to drive all the way back to behind Route13 store to collect her again. I arrive back and order Envy to put her in the car, he said he couldn't because his 3rd Eye was not working. So I got out the car and put her in myself. At some point of me driving back Envy contacted Kano from The Lost so then I had to stop and talk to them for a while. In that time I had a phone call with Jeep, to which once he found out I had EDI he asked why I didnt state that from the start. He then said he would call me back. Once I had got off the phone the lost was still there asking questions but I had already kept EDI alone with no RP for 10 minutes. So we took our leave, took her to the mountain and asked her question. In turn I got no phone call off Jeep so I came to the Basis that Hope was already dead. So I made the choice for her to be killed with the information we had found out IC.

In complete honestly I've state this to a lot of people over the time I've been banned and that is I can't admit to something I didnt do otherwise that would be lying to you guys. I can definitely see where it may look that way depending on how it's viewed although I can assure you that at no point whatsoever was OOC information ever used on my behalf and it saddens me to be stuck in the position I have been for the past month away from a community which I love and have worked very hard towards over many different characters.

In my original medal clip from the initial report, the only influence that was made in my decision to end EDI's life was was the actions that she had admitted to herself in RP causing Hope/JJ to be taken, and shortly before she used /die Envy asking "what should we do with her" to which I responded with "do it silently". I'm unsure where this lines up with the timeline of events you've stated yourself, although it may show where the decision was made to end her life. I can agree with the fact the coincidence in timing is very crazy, that is something which has indeed shocked myself. Though from my point of view I truly do not see what reason I would even have to use any form of OOC influence just to end someone's life when they are a tiny part to such a large storyline. The only person who mattered about living or dying within that situation was Hope, seeing as we knew a death contract lay over her head and that would most likely be the last time I would ever see her.

Thank you for your response.

So I’ve been thinking on this for the last 2 hours and I’ve gone through all the footage that I have access to myself. And here is the time frame from my pov. 

So hope was taken at around 22:55. EDI was taken 2-3 mins later so 22:57ish. 

We then fuss about for additional 7 mins because she fell out the boot making it about 23:04. (EDI footage) 

I’m then with the lost and phone call with jeep for 10 minutes, making it 23:14. 

It then takes us about 4 minutes to get to the mountain but I pull over first have a phone call with Jo from The Firm. Making that 23:18 we arrive on the mountain 

We then speak to EDI for about 7 minutes making it 23:25 but at 23:26:06 EDI /me dies. 

But at 23:24:43 I have already stated that I want EDI dead before 1 minute 23 seconds for EDI /me dies. 

With that being said, Hope dies at 23:26:01. Now I’m assuming you mean she has respawned. And at 23:26:06 EDI gets downed.

Now my issue with this timeline is you’ve stated at 23:24:30 Lucy states hope will die but looking through footage from Hopes Pov from while I’ve been banned, her interrogation followed by death RP lasts 9 minutes total after being taken not that far from route 13.

With that being said, I’m assuming hope had to have died during the 10 minutes of me talking to Jeep on the phone and talking to the lost. Meaning she was official downed at 23:14… the leading into the 15 minute timer to respawn at 23:26:06. With that mean the state of Lucy time stamp is not correct. 

Now I join the discord call at 23:13-14. At this time we already had EDI and was finishing up with the lost and on the way to the mountain. You can hear in the footage what was said in that call and in RP. Meaning via voice communication no foul play could have been had. 

As for your claims on a message, that was the only message I had from people involved that night as we was all in a call together from that point onwards. Envy was in the RP, JJ stated “why is she acting weird” and Hope was muted for reasons. Which I will send over to your personal DMs as I have been granted person to send the extra footage. If I had got a message at all it would have shown that I had tabbed out in my medal clip. But I didn’t. I can send you a picture of my setup with some sort of request off you to prove I have one monitor I could even do a video call.

My apologies for the second comment, I just simply need to clarify things on my behalf  

Hello there @KittyKat

I´ve gone through the time stamps once again and I did indeed have a false time stamp on when Hope got downed - my apologies. 

Now, the updated timeline would be this:

23:04:30 - Lucy practically tells Hope that she will die
23:06:01 - Hope dies
23:24:39 - You say "I´ve come to the basis that Jeep has killed Hope"
23:24:54 - JJ bleeds out
23:26:06 - EDI dies
23:41:18 - EDI bleeds out
23:57:56 - Hope bleeds out

Although slightly less suspicious, it still sits a little sideways that you were in a discord call involved with the people directly involved in the ongoing situation and those things generally bring up questions. Though I understand that there may be other reasons as to why one would do that, it does not paint a pretty picture and unfortunately tends to influence people´s roleplay in some way, shape or form - even subconsciously. That and this situation for example is why we very much advise to not have streams open or be in discord calls, as you can surely understand. 

Looking at your record, you have been sticking to the rules for the vast majority of your time here and exactly that will be your saving grace today. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and issue an unban. However, the ban stands as is and will remain on record, which means that any rulebreak during the next 6 months from this day onwards will land you right back here.

That being said, there is one more thing I would like to adress. Though I can understand to a degree that this situation may be frustrating for you and certain... circumstances... would be irritating, it does not excuse being generally argumentative like you were to begin with. 

Take this as a lesson to not put yourself in a position that we have to question. 

Unbanned.

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back