What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Lorents - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorents

Unban Appeal for Lorents 

In-game Name: Lorents

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198352402739

Ban ID: !!rpuk14466!!

Reason given for your ban: C1.2 + G3.1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned for metagaming/stream sniping my friend on Discord stream, lying about it once admin(s) clocked on & racist comments IG.

Why should we unban you ?: Despite it being a double offense, it was my first one on the server since God knows how long since I registered. I've never had any run ins with the administration team so it's not like it's a reoccurring event to be dealing with me.

I took about a 5 year break from RP transitioning to VoIP servers after the fall of SA-MP and MTA and never fully adapted. GTA:SA servers had a drastic difference between portraying and genuinely lacked restrictions unless the most bizarre. I never familiarised myself with the server rules at the time once trying to get back into the game, which was the reason for the IG racist remarks I made. If the server rules state (which they do) that you can't make offensive comments regardless of intention, just to make it a non-toxic environment then I can get behind that and not try weasel my way out of it like last time. So I apologise for that, and to those I potentially offended as I assume they play on a server like this to avoid these types of interactions as a whole.

For my MG ban. I was fully aware it was against the rules but something got out of hand at the Downtown hospital with everybody having a little DM fest, just vehicle RDM not really playing seriously, but still having a bit of fun and I went a bit further than I should have. My mate jumped off a bridge which I noticed (through his stream), and just used that information to go and drive around the general area until I found him, which he never actually asked me to do. I figured I'd just skip a couple minutes of waiting for the paramedics to arrive as we were still in the same district.

The childishness just got the best of me during the chaos scene at Pillbox hospital, I got overwhelmed and took it too far - I'll just jump on a sandbox mode if I feel like messing around in the future, with it being my first ban I'd appreciate if you could give me a second chance to play the server again. I've spent a bit of time watching other voice RP servers since the ban and it's safe to say I won't be playing as if it was the text based servers anymore. Thanks for reading.

true king of gilenor, lorents.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: No

Hello @Lorents

You were given many chances to tell the truth when the staff member pulled you and decided to lie

Please tell me why should I entertain this appeal? 

I just decided to double down as I figured I already knew the outcome of the situation, and felt there was more of a chance getting away with it; as there was just admitting it and being banned anyway - I never thought to the point of when I'd actually be appealing.

On that particular night I did have the poor attitude towards the member of staff, and a couple in-game players due to drinking whilst playing. It's not often I drink and play I go out for that, but I returned after a day session and went to hop on with the boys. Whether you consider it a poor 'excuse' or not, I don't tend to just treat people like arseholes in general, but I guess after a few it's probably best I steer clear from playing on the server, as I've never once prior to this had any infractions whatsoever.

It was a one time mistake that I managed to make, and I can assure you that if presented the opportunity to role play here again, it won't be me in the appeal section you'd have to deal with.

Good evening @Lorents

You made a decision to lie when being asked for the truth, if we were to pull you to the side again how do we know you will be truthful to us? 

How do we know you will not think that you are "being banned anyway" and act out from that thought? 

I don't plan on being in any infraction related situations again unless I'm the person requesting for an administrator to resolve a problem I may be having with another user. I just want to jump back on and start a story with my new Hispanic character I've been thinking about.

It's only trust at the end of the day whether you believe me or not, but I certainly know I'm not wasting my time writing an appeal just to log back in and behave like a child.

Pre-apologies if any of this appeal comes off worded like I'm being malicious, because I'm not, I just struggle to set a tone due to high-functioning autism.

Good morning @Lorents, I hope all is well! 🙂

During the talk with Admins why did you take it upon yourself to begin reversing off of the rooftop to avoid the conversation? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Goodmorning and Merry Christmas Eve, Danoo.

Again, the same reason as pretty much the whole situation summed up. I was just being childish once it got to the point I felt like I was banned regardless of what was said and done it in the heat of the moment to show off in front of my friends on Discord. It's not something I'm proud of doing but sadly it happened and lead to this moment.

Post-ban I've had the time to reflect on my behaviour on how I treated the administration team that had to deal with me when I had a moment, as well as the players that I disrupted that log in just to have fun. It's not something I want to do again, as it's lead to the point the only server I installed FiveM to play, I don't have access to even go on.

Merry Christmas Eve to you too! 

You had stated at the time "I don't care if I get banned". Now, although I'm sure you're going to give me the same reasoning, why are you now here appealing if you didn't care?

Moving onto the racist remarks thrown around by you on the server which you had claimed you're going to "Greet everyone I meet" in this way. 
Would you say you're a racist person? 

Merry Christmas Eve to you too! 

You had stated at the time "I don't care if I get banned". Now, although I'm sure you're going to give me the same reasoning, why are you now here appealing if you didn't care?

Moving onto the racist remarks thrown around by you on the server which you had claimed you're going to "Greet everyone I meet" in this way. 
Would you say you're a racist person? 
It was just something said in the heat of the moment, that's all. I guess just again, showing off in front of my friends playing the cool guy role if you will. I'm here purely because I do care, and would like access to the server. I just wanted to look less of a twat in front of my friends, showing off again as I felt I was providing them some content.

As for the racist remarks, I'm not going to sit here and say it's good what I did, because it isn't. The rules are the rules. Some servers allow it, which I will not name but I come from very heavy text based RP servers rooting back to SA-MP and Multi Theft Auto. You portray the character as realistically as possible, whether you are white in real life, or Hispanic, or black. If you portray a character descending from a specific culture or race, you RP accordingly. I was simply doing that but in the completely wrong environment and brought my text based skills and knowledge to a whole different playing field.

In the previous servers I played, continuity holds a very huge role and if you portray for example, a Mara Salvatrucha 13 member, using British terms i.e mate, lad you'd be considered breaking character or not playing accordingly. I just used the terms I deemed fit for my character, but also to my friend. Yes, I do greet people like that in person. People I know, and people I know very well that do not take it in a derogatory way. My friends say it to myself when they greet me. We don't make it a race thing (despite the irony) it's purely used for a term of endearment, which again. Sounds ridiculous, but I do not consider myself to be a racist person. I just wanted to RP as the character I was playing, and had previous RP experience cross with the new-age. All I know is despite the word I used, I now know not to use it in this community. It's entirely not welcome and it's something I can get behind for obvious reasons. I'm also sorry for that. Everybody takes things a different way, even if not directed to that individual and I never actually put that into consideration before.

Merry christmas!

Did you read all the rules? 
Would've been a smart idea to read them when we provided them to you upon character creation wouldn't it.
It would've told you we don't allow discrimination of ANY kind character or not.

Merry Christmas, Psiana 🙂 

I did originally when joining the server, but when I came back (the time I got banned) I had quite an extended break from Role Play in general and did not re-read the servers to familiarise myself.

I've gone over them now, though, if successfully unbanned I won't be making any other mistakes along the way.

The idea of my character will be Felipe 'Pepe' Fuentes, a failed bank robber transferred to a prison in San Andreas and deciding to stay in the area. Felipe has his eyes locked onto forming a protection enterprise with 2 former housemates, acting as a middleman to all OCG's he can find himself affiliated with to secure a foundation of peace.

The idea of the protection ring is that two beefing factions can get their words across, ensuring no conflict between the members and take his paycut if finding a way to have them conduct business together. If securing the position he can hypothetically have all inside information he needs to pass on and make a profit with that he knows, essentially calling the shots from the inside whilst taking a slice from unwashed revenue.

Good afternoon, @Lorents!

Quoting from you, I hope that you have not made this appeal to then just be let back into the server and act like a child.
You've been around this community since 2021, this is currently your first ban and a serious one too. The behaviour portrayed from you that night was absolutely awful.

I've been drunk over Christmas, however have not logged onto the server knowing full well that I wouldn't be thinking correctly. This excuse isn't exactly one of the best.
Overall, I'm willing to give you a second chance on the server to prove yourself to us. Please, do not be metagaming, do not be racist, do not give dreadful roleplay.
This is your time to read over the rules, and return with some quality roleplay that is fun for all parties involved!

Any ban you receive within the next 6 months will be a permanent taking you right back here, another appeal from you will also likely not be entertained for a while.
Do not waste the chance!

UNBANNED

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back