What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Louis - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louis

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
Unlinked
Unban Appeal for Louis 

In-game Name: Chow Wang

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198081564094

Ban ID: !!rpuk12503!!

Reason given for your ban: G3.1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I posted a comment along the lines of "229 have not put me on the beach in front of their turf so they can see when I get picked up".

Why should we unban you ?: Firstly I would like to address the reason why I shouldn't have done what I did. Doing stuff like this making comments OOC about what is happening in-game creates a possible unfair advantage for myself and can influence roleplay and ruin other players' roleplay. Whether this information is malicious or not it can still influence other people's roleplay. Also if another player was to use this information in-game it could also put that player at risk of getting banned also. So as a whole, it has a knock-on effect on a lot of other players and can ruin possible storylines.

Why I should be unbanned? I have been a part of this community for over or nearly 7 years now and have been a good boy if you ask me. This would be my first-ever ban across Arma and FiveM. I have been involved in helping with a lot of events, training, meetings and contributing a lot of time to helping the community and the FiveM server grow. This growth comes from my involvement within the Los Santos Police firstly helping start up the service on the opening days of the server launching all the way up to being police command and overseeing the service as a whole.

Also as a previous staff member, I have dealt with compensation requests, player reports and unban appeals just like this one. Touching on my past as staff I should know better and should be someone who people look at as a good and fair player so with this ban, I have not only let myself down but the community down which holds such a high standard and I respect that high standard which RPUK holds.

Not to blow my own trumpet but I feel I bring a lot to the server with characters that I play whether it be a Mafia Boss, Chinese man, African warlord or stubborn police officer I try to adapt them with different roleplay styles by changing how they look to how they speak. How does this make the community better? Well hopefully, it shows other players to not just make a character which is themselves and try something different and maybe put that bit more effort in to make everyone else's experience on the server just that little better.

I look to continue to create these unique characters in the future and if I was to be unbanned I hope that what I have done previously for the community shows that my commitment is still there to make this community and the FiveM server even better.

I fully accept that what I did was wrong and will 100% learn from this to stop it from happening in the future.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

I was venting talking about what happened to myself after going down as I felt I was just being held in a car being body camped by 229. I didn't post the comment in hope of another player would pick me up. It was more myself commenting on what happened and me venting my frustration. Obviously when I posted it into the groups discord I realised straight away that it look very metagamey so I swiftly deleted it as I didn't want anyone to act on it, be screenshotted and didn't want people to take the piss etc.

A lapse in judgement? Yes, didn't even think about what I was typing was metagaming at the time, only until after I posted it.

Can you quote the rules you broke, explain them in your own words, and explain the damage that can happen to roleplay if someone were to have metagamed your message

(G3.1) OOC Information - Using out of character information to influence the course of roleplay is considered metagaming and punishable by a ban. This includes but is not limited to: Twitch Streams, forum information and Steam messages.

Metagaming creates and unfair advantage for yourself and puts the other party you are with/against at a disadvantage. The reason is it unfair is because the other party has no knowledge of this happening and has no way to stop it. Once metagamed this then puts the other party at a disadvantage and can change the course of roleplay from then on.    

If I was to have been picked up from my message then I could of relayed back other information of what happened to me before going down which could cause more backlash for the other party. I would of unfairly kept items on my person which in the future could of been used against the other party when I shouldn't have them. 

Very well.

You've been a part of this community for a lot of years, you've been in Senior Positions in the Police. You've been Head of the Callaghan's. You've been Staff, even Level 4. You know what can happen when messages such as that are posted in a very public channel. Who knows who could've seen it, picked you up and saved all your items and RP knowledge to take further.

You were banned for G3.1, and the first thing you did was open an Unban Appeal which is full of effort and can clearly see that you have acknowledged your Lapse of Judgement.

Please don't let it happen again.

As you probably already know, that any ban within a 6 month period will lead you right back here.

Unbanned

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back