What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - lukebaines16 - 03/21/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukebaines16

In-game Name
Luke Clapped

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
03/19/20

Member of the team that banned you.
Daanv

Reason given for your ban.

Where was you banned
Altis Life

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I was banned for calling someone a mong, breaking rule 1.2

Why should we unban you ?
As previously stated, it was banter. I understand that the Admins have to do their job and they did it well by taking action against something that was, from their opinion, something that shouldn't have been said and was against the rules of the server. I now have a better grasp of what is defined by rule 1.2 and will take further precautions to make sure what i say in game in the future does not fit into that rule. @Daanv i realise the words i typed are seen differently by everyone and thus affect them in different ways than it may affect myself, I have learned to be more considerate of how other people view what i'm saying by reading the rule.
The one previous ban i have recieved was 1-2 years ago back when i was new to the server and it was for 7.1.2. At the time of this first ban, I didn't understand the seriousness of roleplay on the server and I have since invested hundreds of hours and gained a lot of roleplay experience which i feel has contributed to the server as a whole and the level of RP.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

I confirm this is not a temporary ban as those are not appealable

Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read our rules
Yes

Hello Luke. 

I appreciate where you are coming from with your language used. Generally if we find something out of character to be with the intent of causing offence then action is taken. 
Now that's fine. 
I want to ask you about this; (Unknown) Luke Clapped: Blackout skiddie gang

Why would you refer to your own gang as a "skiddie gang"?

Ahh @Qrow, i see the concern. Over the course of my time playing with blackout, I have noticed that when people die in game they like to blame it on us cheating. (which we are not) We have made an inside joke of this and when ever something happens in game such as when everyone went flying in the air, i typed blackout skiddie gang.

@lukebaines16 I am guessing you are rather young ?

I assume that from your sidechat history, Can you explain why you feel its appropriate shit talk other members on our server ?

We are not this type of community, surely you understand that ?

Haha, no i'm 18.

I would like to start off by saying the "shit talking" (from memory) was in probably response to other members of the community. I have to say that I think this is what the server has become. Over my years of playing, the server has definitely changed in they way of the people who play and how bigger gangs interact with each other. For example, Blackout and Relic, two of the bigger gangs on the server would often be toxic to each other in game as both sides knew this was only banter between groups in a game whilst on TS and out of game we would not react to each other in the same way unless jokingly. I think that rivalry between players and groups is essential to keeping the server alive as without it, in my opinion the server would get boring for a lot of people. As i have seen a few times on the Forums, people complaining about not being able to start on the server because they are being robbed but there is not much else to do, once you've killed rival gang members enough times it gets boring, therefor groups are enticed to go and do something else such as RP with other players. A great way to do this is to create a situation where RP has to be done such as a robbery or a major crime.

sorry for going off topic a bit i just feel like someone needed to hear that.

@lukebaines16 Oh so your very young!

If you think that's what this server has become rather than not do it yourself you decide to contribute which is just as worse.... shall I just start removing the problems then ? Seeing your shit talking you will be the first issue removed.

Side chat is really for people who are asking out of roleplay questions or to communicate with others not to shit talk, If i logged into the server as a normal player and seen some of the trash you was putting in side chat I wouldn't come back here.

So are you going to think first before slapping your tiny fingers on your keyboard in future or are we going to see you here again ?

@Wilco I suppose in the long run of things i'm quite young, yes! Although to my Knowledge my fingers are normal size.

I think that the situation as a whole is bigger than this, I am willing to help in whatever ways i can to make the server less toxic but i do still think that rivalry between gangs is an essential part of the server.

@lukebaines16 Rivalry is fine, toxic playground talk please return to your former school and leave it there.

You do not need to talk like that to spark up rivalry, do it in roleplay do it with actions do it face to face rather than over sidechat!

There will not be any further warning about this, I don't expect to see you in the unban section again with similar sidechat logs 

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back