What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Mitur - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitur

Unban Appeal for Mitur 

In-game Name: Dick Dickinson

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561197982701312

Ban ID: !!rpuk10421!!

Reason given for your ban: C2.3

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: The last time I was in the server NSC were at war with Hustlers (i think it was Hustlers but could've been someone else as i can't remember fully) we ended up having a shoot out with them and we lost. I RP'ed the entire situation and was taken to dodgy doctor where I was revived and dropped all my stuff and weapon. The opposite gang then took me back to the NSC turf as they were mocking the people who were downed etc. As can be seen in this video posted by the opposing gang, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT-kHx5jwVI from around 2:20 onwards, you can see me roleplaying the situation out, being revived, dropping all my loot and complying with all instructions, whilst trying to RP the situation to the best of my ability. From around 6:15 in that video you can see the RP situation that was taking place at NSC turf, where i was complying with all instructions and engaging as best as I could in the RP.

After sitting around on the turf for a while (still with my hands tied) i was eventually put into a car and taken to the petrol station where they blew it up with poor / little RP. (i don't think the people who did this were associated with the opposing gang). They left me in the area downed, indicating that the RP situation was over and they were dumping me there. As it was late and i'd been playing for a while (that whole situation had lasted a good 2 hours), I had 0 loot on me and the fact that they had dumped me, i decided to call it a night and go to bed. I guess this has been interpreted as combat logging, although that was never my intention.

Overall, I had enjoyed the RP situation as it was one of the most action packed I'd had since joining the server, so I was shocked when I tried to log in the next time to discover I was banned. I checked through the reports but couldn't find any that were for me.

Why should we unban you ?:  I've been playing on this fivem server for a few months now (after playing altis life years ago) and have never had any OOC/RP issues with anyone or been reported for anything afaik. I provide RP to the best of my ability and always follow the rules.

I don't see how it can be considered combat logging when I've already RP'ed out a whole shoot out situation, got dodgey doctored and dropped all my items including guns, was then left with my hands tied at turf for another 20+ minutes before then being taken to a petrol station and blown up. They then left the scene indicating to me that the RP situation was over. If my intention was to combat log, surely i'd have done it before getting dodgey doctored?

I've looked through the forum for any reports and can't find any that are for me so i'm not sure how this ban has even come about?

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

They left me in the area downed, indicating that the RP situation was over and they were dumping me there.
You came to that conclusion in 10 seconds! Wow... Please tell me how you can judge a situation that quickly

I'm not sure where this 10 seconds thing is coming from, the whole situation had been going on for over 2 hours. 

The guys who took me to the petrol station were talking in comms about what they were going to do next, and they said something along the lines of "well first we need to dump this guy, lets take him to the petrol station and blow it up and leave him there". 

After blowing it up they got in their car and drove away, indicating that the RP situation was over, so I called it a night. If the 10 seconds thing is related to time of death and time of me logging off, I thought it was a bit longer than that but even if it was then I can assure you that it takes less than 10 seconds to get into a car and drive away. 

Like I said in my appeal, I was shocked when I tried to log in and found I was banned, as as far I was concerned, It had been one of the better nights I'd had in the server with the gang shootout and RP with the opposing gang afterwards and I'd not even considered the possibility that I'd broken any rules. 

Was there a report or anything that you can link me to please so I can try and see it from the opposite perspective, as from my point of view, the situation was 100% over. I had 0 loot and had been dumped at the petrol station in the early hours of the morning when there is likely no NHS on. I'd wanted to log off earlier in the night when I was dropped back at turf(had work in the morning), but as I still had my hands tied I decided that I should stay on to make sure the RP situation was fully over. After getting blown up and dumped at the petrol station, that indicated the end of the RP situation to me. 

I've never combat logged before or been accused of it - I got dodgey doctored and dropped all my stuff and complied fully. I was one of the first to die during the shootout, I'm sure I could've logged then without anyone knowing if my intention was to keep my stuff, but that wasn't my intention at all. I don't play this server to try and win all situations, it's about having some fun regardless of win or loss. 

Yes, the 10 seconds do indeed reference the time between you being downed and logging out. Unfortunately, it does not matter much if you had nothing on you, we see people combat log over an ID card and a Smoothie on a daily basis. So let´s get away from the "I didn´t meant to" and cut straight to the "I did."

Considering you were blown up at a petrol station, the chances of you being found when logging back in at a more busy time of day would have been quite high, no? Also, what other benefit apart from items could your character have from surviving this scenario? I´m sure you are able to think of something, because I certainly can. 

@MiturPlease respond or this appeal will timeout.

The only possible benefit I can see from this would be remembering the shootout happened but the fact that they were taking pictures and posting it all over tweedle anyway, I don't really see how I would get any advantage what so ever. To help me understand and improve in the future, what other advantages are there? Just for reference here and I'm sure you can see from the logs, that after that night I didn't even attempt to log in for around a week as I was busy irl so didn't even know I'd been banned. So even if I were to have gotten revived at a busier time, whatever benefit or info I could have gotten would have been outdated by then anyway. AFAIK the war was already settled and over before I even tried to log back in.

My intention was never to combat log so I'm not going to admit to doing it, but if you say that what I did constitutes as that then I will take it on board. I'm only trying to show it from my POV and try to understand exactly where I went wrong and highlight that it clearly wasn't my intention or else I would/could have done it at a much earlier time. Like I have said before, I thought the RP situation was 100% over and didn't even consider that were would be any other benefits from me logging off after being dumped. The whole shootout RP situation lasted over 2 hours, as well as all the prep time before hand, it had turned into a much later session than I was expecting. I was trying to find a good time to log off as I had work in the morning. I waited until I'd been dumped and assumed that was good enough, but I guess in future I should wait until after the respawn timer is done before I can log off and hope that no one else finds me downed in the mean time and initiates another RP situation.

I question the roleplay stories that you are doing on the server if you don't see much benefit on remembering stuff. Roleplay stories should be built up over a period of time which would make it interesting for both parties or are you a more "he hit my car must die" kind of roleplay story guy? 

You can say it wasn't your intention however you logged out after being downed for 10 seconds? How can we see it any other way? You didn't give any time for the story to advance and decided it was enough for you and end it. If everyone did that how would it effect the server? 

Well that's quite a leap of you to make, if that was the case surely I'd have been reported before? 

I've told you how you can see it any other way, as I've said above, the guys who dumped me said in game "lets blow up the petrol station and dump him there". I've said multiple times that I was trying to find a better time to log off and instead of giving advice or answering any of the questions, you just give sarcastic replies. I've been banned for over 2 months now for at worst a tiny mistake which I've demonstrated with multiple bits of evidence that it wasn't my intention but you don't want to address that.

Do you know what, don't worry about it. Not going to waste my time putting hours into the server if this is the staff support you get. 

'Not going to waste my time putting hours into the server if this is the staff support you get'

You are the one who broke the rules, you are here to try and convince us to let you play here again. You're not doing a very good job at that.

How can we trust that you wont disconnect from the server shortly after being downed again?

@Miturplease respond soon or this appeal will time out.

I've taken another look at the rules, and I still have to dispute that I broke the rule. The RP situation was over which is what the rules say combat logging is. They had dumped me. I understand that it might look strange to see it log off 10 sec after, but as I've explained the whole situation had been ongoing for a long time and the people in game said they were dumping me at the petrol station, they killed me, blew up the petrol station and then drove off. To me that is the RP situation over. The fact that no one reported me also indicates the RP situation was over.

I can see your point about being revived at a busier time, but I've demonstrated with evidence that it wasn't my intention and that any benefit I could've gotten wouldn't apply in this situation as everything was posted all over tweedle and I had no items etc. 

You can trust it won't happen again by looking at my track record and my intentions. I know you've said intentions don't matter but I feel like they absolutely do and should. Mistakes happen but if I've demonstrated that it wasn't my intention and I've asked questions about when to log off in future then surely that shows you that I'm trying to learn and improve. I know now that I cant log off whilst downed and will wait the 15 min timer before logging off. 

From my perspective, I've been banned for almost 3 months with no way to even appeal it for the first month, for what is at worst a small mistake which hasn't impacted anyone's RP experience. I think the ban was disproportionate considering it's a first "offence" in playing the server for months so you can see why I'm frustrated when all of the replies in here are trying to make out I'm bad at RP etc with no proof rather than addressing the appeal and helping me learn how to handle the situation better in the future. 

From my perspective, I've been banned for almost 3 months with no way to even appeal it for the first month, for what is at worst a small mistake which hasn't impacted anyone's RP experience. I think the ban was disproportionate considering it's a first "offence" in playing the server for months so you can see why I'm frustrated when all of the replies in here are trying to make out I'm bad at RP etc with no proof rather than addressing the appeal and helping me learn how to handle the situation better in the future. 
Combat Logging Bans never used to have a one month cooldown until this became our most broken rule by a large margin. It doesn't matter if you didn't have anything on you of value or if you disconnected at the bottom of the ocean after being dumped and 15 minutes have went by. You should never disconnect from the staff whilst down unless you have Staff Approval from opening a ticket. First offence or not, many others get the same treatment as we're all treated equally.

I'm going to give you another chance to play here, keep in mind that any further bans will lead you right back here due to the Fair Ban System. I do not want to see you filling in another unban appeal over a 'small mistake' as you said.

I can see that you have nothing in your inventory and that you also stated you had already been robbed of everything anyway, so an inventory wipe is not necessary.

Don't let us down.

Unbanned

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back