What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Nex Fuze - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nex Fuze

Unlinked
Unban Appeal for Nex Fuze 

In-game Name: Nex Fuze

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561199104029676

Ban ID: !!rpuk12629!!

Reason given for your ban: C2.2

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned under the rule C2.2. More specifically: Ghostpeeking. This is a situation when an individual shoots over or through a wall without being visible to the player that is being shot at. The situation regarding my ban started at the Azteca block. We - the Aztecas - were all just chatting and discussing business relating to the gang after having just ended of one of our weekly gang meetings that usually take place on a Sunday. The Police that evening had planned a strategic strike in an attempt to try and arrest us for what we assume was for previous crimes we had committed as an OCG. The police stormed our block and make quick attempts to subdue a large number of us, due to the sudden intrusion of many armed police officers, both sides began to exchange fire with police. When the conflict began I made a run for the balconies to get a better position to return fire. Whilst I was on the balconies I crouched to avoid getting shot at as I ran across the upper floors. I positioned myself behind cover by pressing Q and went to shoot off the balcony. Upon shooting off the balcony I was in a crouch position which was allowing me to shoot over the wall but I couldn’t be seen by the police officers below. I understand that this has no plausible reason to be used other than to gain an advantage over other players and for that reason I have received a 6 month cooldown on my permanent ban.

Why should we unban you ?: I’m going to be honest and be as straightforward as I can in this appeal. I’d like to start off this appeal by apologising to Jeep. I lied to him in the ticket that was made regarding the situation I was involved in, this was wrong of me. I should have owned up to what I had done even if I did it unintentionally and dealt with the punishment that would have been issued. I saw the announcement that was made by staff previously and had seen that the rule break came with a 6 month cooldown as a consequence. In the ticket I was aware of this and panicked, resulting in me attempting to to lie in an attempt to soften the possible consequences of my actions. This more than likely made it a lot worse for myself which is why I am here now, 6 months later. Mistakes can happen and I instead of lying I should have owned up to my mistake wholeheartedly instead of trying to lie my way out of it.

I am ashamed of myself for allowing myself to betray the trust I have built up with the staff team in my two years of playing on the server and being part of the community. In every interaction I have with other players on the server I make an attempt to be fair and try to ensure that every situation I am involved in is enjoyable for everyone involved. In the situation regarding my ban I failed to uphold these high standards that the server sets and I that I also hold myself to, I am deeply ashamed of this and wish I could have corrected it. Ultimately, it was too little too late, by the time I knew what I did the actions were played out and the consequences were before me. I'd like to apologise to the players that were involved in the scenario, it is not how I wish to represent myself when playing the server and I wish I could have corrected it.

Including this ban I have received 3 bans in total. Which I understand doesn’t set the best image of myself and it’s something I look to improve on, and I promise that I will improve on this. With my previous bans they were always something I looked at as a learning curve and something which I made sure didn’t occur again. I have the same mindset in regard to this ban, like I said I got carried away in the moment and it’s something that I wish I could go back and change. I’d like to say that staff members and other members of the community witnessed me giving high quality roleplay in the past as that is something I always strived to do. Although in brief periods and the few mistakes that I have made which led to bans, I’d like to say that I am a positive addition to the community due to the high level of quality roleplay that I can provide people with, and I hope this is something which yourselves have noticed as well and maybe help when it comes to giving me a chance to return to this community. I would also like to briefly mention how I’ve stayed engaged with the community and the people I have met throughout the 6-month period of me being unable to play. This community is something that I have always enjoyed being a part of and I hope it can be noticed that whilst being unable to play I have stayed mature and engaged with the people I have met from here. I would love the opportunity to be able to play again.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Good morning @Nex Fuze, I hope all is well with you! 🙂

I must say, considering you've been a member of this community for some time now it's a big shame to see you end up here.
There are so many things on this unban appeal that just do not make sense to me though in terms of your thought process at the time.

The fact you then went on to lie to Jeep in the ticket when you were given an opportunity to come clean is bizarre to me and it has broken a lot of trust between yourself and the staff team.

- If you saw the announcement, and were aware of the consequences why did you still decide to exploit and ghostpeek?
- Why did you lie to staff other than "panicking"
- How can we trust you won't lie to us in the future to try and avoid a ban?
- Are you actually sorry, or only sorry you got caught? Considering you've lied to us already are you now just telling us what we want to hear so you can be unbanned? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Danoo, thank you for taking your time to review my appeal and I apologise for the delay in response.

I understand the shameful feeling of seeing me here when I have been such a long standing member of the community, I can tell you that I share this feeling, I am ashamed of my actions and it paints a bad picture on me that doesn’t properly reflect who I am.

At the time I didn’t think too much of the severity of my actions and I thought I could get away with what I at the time thought of being a minor violation, something I understand is the completely wrong mindset to have and it landed me with such an unnecessary ban, something that I should have made sure never happened in the first place by sticking to the rules and playing fair. I am ashamed that I didn’t fully think over the severity of my actions and the consequences it would land me in. I wish this was something I didn’t have to learn the hard way but something I should have been more aware of at the time, I should’ve realized back then that the announcement was made for a reason and that reason was to ensure fair play for all people involved.

I think the other reason I lied was due to me being aware that if I was banned then I wasn’t going to be able to play the server for a long time. I have always and specifically at the time I was really enjoying the server and was having a lot of fun playing regularly. I lied because I didn’t want this taken away from me but I have realised that this was the wrong way to go about it. I have learnt the hard way by lying and throughout the 6 months of being banned I’ll be honest and say it’s been rather boring for me watching all my friends playing the server and having fun without being able to partake. I should have took accountability for my actions and accepted the punishment as it was fully justified and trying to slither my way out of it through lying can break a lot of trust with the staff team as I’m sure it has. I can assure you now my mentality has changed and if I ever end up in a situation like this again, I promise to be honest. I hope you can understand that this has been a learning curve for me.

As I have explained in the paragraph above, this experience for me has been a learning curve. It has made me realise and understand that being truthful from the very beginning is the best way to go about things. I understand you feel I have ruined the trust with the staff team and if I was in your shoes I’d feel the same way, especially with how long I’ve been a part of this community. The mindset of trying to get away with it by lying was very immature of myself and not how I would normally act. Unfortunately, I can’t change the past but I would like a fresh start with the staff team and I can promise you that I won’t ever lie to staff again. I hope you can allow me a second opportunity to prove that a mistake like this will never be repeated and give me a chance to start rebuilding the trust with the staff team I once had.

I am truly sorry for my actions and no not just because I got caught. I realise how my actions had such an unfair effect on the people involved in the scenario and how I probably completely ruined the roleplay for them. I would not want to put anyone in the community through a situation like that again. So again, I’d like to reiterate my most sincere apology to all the police involved in the situation and I hope you can forgive me and move on. I’d like to say that for the most part I’ve always held up to a high standard of roleplay and I have always tried to make situations as enjoyable for everyone as possible. I would like the opportunity again to show this and to prove that I am a valuable asset to the community. I know better than what I did and I would love another opportunity to play the server again to show you this.

Thanks,

Nex

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning @Nex Fuze!

I appreciate the effort in your responses, it does go a long way. 
I'm sure if you were the playing on the opposite end of ghost peeking, you'd want to pop a player report up almost instantly due to how unfair it would be for yourself!
You've gone over a year since your last ban which was a 1 day, and for the most part I do see positive roleplay from you which is why it's such a shame to see you here.

Do you often attempt to gain an unfair advantage because you think that you can get away with it?
We may have caught you with this one, but it's now raised concerns that you've previously done something similar if your mindset was that you can get away with it.

I would also like you to be completely honest with me, considering you now understand where lying lands you within this community.
The first section of this appeal, did you write this purely by yourself or have you had help from another Human/AI/Other Methods? 

Hello Dano, I appreciate the speedy response and taking the time to read my reply. I am glad to know that my positive roleplay hasn’t gone unnoticed, and I agree it is definitely very shameful for me to be here submitting an appeal.

To answer your first question, my answer would be no. I’d like to say my previous record would back this statement. I can see how it looks and I understand why the perception would be made on me but I can assure you this was just a onetime mistake. It’s something which I deeply regret, and I can give you my upmost promise that I won’t be attempting any silly stunts like this again in the future. I have most definitely learnt my lesson.

In answer to your second question, I haven’t had any help from any AI/Other methods. I will be honest and tell you I have had some support with writing my appeal from close friends in the basis of how to make it more fluent and read better as in all honesty, I’m not the best when it comes to writing. The content of the appeal wasn’t affected and everything that’s been said has come from me and I’ve only asked for advice before submitting. I apologise if this isn’t allowed, I just wanted to have something that was presentable and easy for you to read as I am very serious about getting back involved with the community.

Thanks, 
Nex

Good evening @Nex Fuze, thank you for the response!

What's your overall goal if you were given another chance on the server? Will you be returning to gang RP / Getting involved in gunfights etc again or to you intend to play a few other characters too? 

Hello Dano,

I appreciate the response also. My plans if given another chance would be to continue my roleplay from where I left off on my Nex Fuze character and continue my characters progression and story in Aztecas. Just before my ban I was recently promoted and was doing a lot in the narcotics side of the gang life which opened extra avenues of roleplay and allowed me to use my creativity to make immersive drug deals etc and this was something I always put a lot of effort into. In terms of gunfights, it's not something I aim to be involved in or necessarily want to but of course being in a gang it is inevitable and will most likely happen. Don't worry though, I can assure you I won't be stupid enough to make a mistake like the one that has me here writing this today and like I've said in previous replies I have most definitely learnt my lesson. I won't be doing anything to gain me a unfair advantage and will always be prioritising roleplay before gunplay as that's why we're all here.

I don't have anything set in stone about other characters or what avenue of roleplay I'd want to go down but there is definitely a few avenues that I could go down but I'm undecided yet. Playing one character can be stale so having another character is something I definitely want to do in the future but at the minute I'm still deciding what I would like to do on it.

Thanks, 
Nex

Good afternoon @Nex Fuze

I believe you've had enough time away from the server to think over your actions as you've already stated yourself. 
6 months+ has been a long enough punishment, and I must say you've answered every question I've thrown at you very well which is nice to see and does give me some confidence welcoming you back in again.

Do not let your roleplay standards slip to anything like this moving forward, you're a good roleplayer and it's been an absolute shame to even see you here over something so easily avoidable just because you had a winning mindset.
I'd like to give you another chance here to prove yourself to us, your record up until now has been decent(ish) and I am in hope you'll keep it clean moving forward again.
Please, do not waste your chance. Any ban you receive within the next 6 months will be a permanent leading you right back here. 

UNBANNED

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back