What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Nex Fuze - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nex Fuze

Unlinked
Unban Appeal for Nex Fuze 

In-game Name: Nex Fuze

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561199104029676

Ban ID: !!rpuk15030!!

Reason given for your ban: I was banned for breaching C1.7 and C6.2

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: After a prolonged argument in the RPUK Groups discord that involved staff and a vast amount of different members of the community I made a comment which was an attempt at making an edgy joke. I referred to the staff team as "Nazis" in a poor attempt at humour. I fully acknowledge how it may have looked from a staff member and any player reading the chat and understand that the timing and the situation made it seem much worse than what I intended. Partially, I believe this is due to it being sent through text as it's a lot harder to convey meaning and intent when you're not speaking one-on-one to the people involved. I also understand why my joke was not appreciated by the staff member who banned me as it's a serious topic and in hindsight was not the correct time to be making those kinds of jokes.

Why should we unban you ?: Firstly, I would like to point out how when I said what I said I did so in a public channel for everyone to see, including staff. My intention was not to be offensive and cause any hurt by the people that could read it. If I wanted to be deliberately disrespectful about the staff team then it wouldn't have made much sense to put the comment in such a public setting. I understand that making deliberate comments to denigrate the hard-working staff team puts me in a precarious situation, however, I didn't realise that my comment would be taken as seriously as it was. I understand the significance of keeping the server a welcoming and respectful place. I respect the individuals in the community and appreciate all the hard work our volunteers do, whether they're staff, devs or other resourceful members. I'd never say anything deliberately offensive to cause serious harm. I apologise for any negative effect this may have caused to anyone that read my comment. I would like to make it clear that I did not anticipate the dire consequences that would follow my joke and I am very regretful of my actions. Upon further reflection I should have understood my audience better, read the room and thought about how my comments could be perceived.

It is my personal belief that the staff team do an amazing job, working hard to create a good environment for the players. A lot of them are dedicated and diligent in their jobs, ensuring the server is a welcoming and positive space for all kinds of players. I personally have a considerable amount of respect for the tasks the RPUK staff team undertake and I am aware that some people don't appreciate all the work they do. I would like to clarify and say that I am certainly not one of those people. I've been here a while and understand the amount of work and behind the scenes effort that goes on in keeping everything running smoothly. The staff team keeping order is of extreme importance for the well-being of the community.

I would like to reiterate the point that my actions were only an ill timed and poor joke. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have for me.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Good morning @Nex Fuze, I hope all is well! 🙂

Overall with your comment being made in the way it was, during the argument that was happening, it looked an awful lot like you were disagreeing with certain discriminatory words being banned on the server.
As you say, it was a serious topic being discussed and perhaps the wrong time to make said joke. 

What was the intention behind it? 

Thank you for taking the time to respond Danoo I hope all is well with you also.

I am just going to keep it short and simple, my intention with my comment was simply to make a few people laugh including the staff team as I said previously I did not have any bad intentions. I do understand now why it was a poor joke and I also understand why it was dealt with the way it was.

Good evening @Nex Fuze

I hope all is well and you had a lovely Christmas 🙂

You have been known to lie to staff and be argumentative in the past, with everything that has been said in this appeal are you saying what you think we would want to hear to get yourself unbanned? 

Good afternoon @Jessie Bennett

Well as you said "You have been known to lie to staff in the past" now yes I did lie to the staff previously but if you are going to dangle the past over my head then is that a extension to the 6 month cooldown that I just finished? I am personally one who believes in change. I did not agree with my ban until only recently, the reason for this is because I was only viewing it from my perspective and not anyone else's however I now understand why it was dealt with the way it was. I can assure you that what I type is the truth and nothing other.

Hello @Nex Fuze

Thank you for your clarification. I do very much believe in people learning from mistakes and getting second chances. May I ask what changed your perspective? And how would you handle yourself differently if something like this happened again? 

Thank you for the reply @Jessie Bennett

I had a conversation with a member of Aztecas and after they had explained to me how staff might have seen it, it made sense. I will not make similar jokes again as it is not only hard to understand intentions via messages but it also was a bad joke to say due to the history of it all which is not a laughing matter.

Good evening @Nex Fuze

Thank you for your responses, it seems like you understand your mistake and how things can be perceived. Over all I am happy to give you another chance, please do not waste it! 

Any bans within the next 6 months will be permanent 

Happy new year! 

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back