What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Nick Duncan - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Duncan

Unban Appeal for Nick Duncan 

In-game Name: Nick Duncan

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198029353664

Ban ID: !!rpuk9860!!

Reason given for your ban: C2.3

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was dumped and I combat logged because I was frustrated

Why should we unban you ?: I was banned a few months ago for logging out when I was dead. I got shot after an argument with someone and logged out when they dumped and left me. I felt like it was a shit situation and I needed a break and didn't think logging out then would be a problem because they had left me. When I logged out I realised I should probably go back in and wait my timer and then log out to take my break. When I logged back in I was tp'd to a roof and banned. I get why the rule is in place and understand it's a bad rule to break. I didn't mean to ruin any situation or get an advantage I just wasn't thinking straight.

My roleplay overall is good and I'd like the chance to come back and continue showing good roleplay. I have roleplay stories I would like to continue and new ones I'd like the chance to make and take part in. Many of my friends still play the server and if given another chance I would not ruin it by doing stupid things. During my few months away I have recognised that I was in the wrong in this situation. At first I thought I was being treated harshly but now I understand that the rule and punishment need to be in place.

In future if I was given another chance I would not do the same again. It was stupid and not how I want to be when on the server.

My last appeal timed out and I apologise for this. I had three 10 hour shifts in a row at work and had no free time. Stuart asked me a few questions in my last appeal that I was unable to answer in time, I'll try and answer them now.

I was ignorant of the rules as I had never played something like this before. I feel like I now have a good understanding of the rules and after the few months I have taken away, I feel like I would be a positive member of the community if allowed to play again. I read the rules close to when I joined the server. I was naive and sometimes I did things that were in breach of the rules without thinking, as I said in my previous replies I was very new to roleplay and there were things I didn't understand.

I don't think I get more frustrated than what's normal. In this situation, I feel I was randomly shot, on the receiving end of terrible roleplay and was being dumped for a stupid reason. Before this, I was involved in a long roleplay scenario that ended in my death. I care about the roleplay and the experience people have with me. I chose not to be around my usual friend group because of the storyline that had happened. They were involved in the killing, indirectly but still involved so I wasn't being around them for a while as it would be weird. I just needed a break and made a quick decision that I instantly regretted as I knew the rules and the consequence.

I want to be on the server and want people to have good experiences with me, at the time of the combat log I needed a break and didn't make the best decisions. I won't log out when downed again, I want to play and the time away has given me time to reflect and improve.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Hello there. 

So what do you think the correct action would be from your side if something like this was to happen again? 

I think I have learned a lot from this experience and don't think I will find myself in this situation again. I understand the impact combat logging has and don't want to repeat the mistake that landed me here.

I should have done what I originally planned to. I recognised that a break was needed, I just left it too late and it ended up causing me to make a bad decision. If I do begin to feel like I am getting more frustrated and burned out I will just take a break straight away and come back when I know I can show a high standard of roleplay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you ever combat logged before?

I have combat logged before, I thought it was ok to log out when an RP situation was over, I also did it inside a hospital when I was dead and I didn't think it was bad until a friend told me it was.

In this situation I am in the wrong and I admit that. I knew it was wrong and I did it out of frustration, I tried to fix my mistake but I had already done it. I take responsibility for my actions and can only apologise and ask for understanding.

Alright. 
Let´s talk about how many times you have actually done this before... I can count at least 5 combat logs, not including this one. Has it never dawned on you that this might not be according to our rules?

I said something similar to Stuart in my last appeal before it, unfortunately, timed out.

When I first joined the server I was completely new to roleplay, I'd never done it before and had no experience at all. I was naive and ignorant. I broke a lot of server rules when I joined based on that. I'm still learning and I don't know everything yet but I am trying. I want people to have a good time when they interact with me.

I was extremely ignorant, it didn't occur to me that it was a major rule break until a friend saw me do it at the hospital check in and informed me that it was a very bad thing to do. I can only apologise for my behaviour in the past and tell you that if I am allowed to roleplay on the server again I will not be repeating the same mistake.

So what about the lying to staff when you were eventually pulled in for a chat? 

I panicked. When I was dragged I knew I was in trouble and made another bad call. It was wrong and I should have been honest from the start. I f8 quit and came back straight away because I knew at the time it was wrong. I knew I had screwed up, was in trouble and more than likely was going to get a ban so I lied out of fear of the consequences.

I would like to add that after I did F8 quit I recognised my mistake and came back straight away, recognising that what I did was bad and making an attempt to fix it. Either way, I shouldn't have done it and hold my hands up and take full responsibility.

Quote me the rule you broke and explain, in your own words, why it is in place and what would happen if it wasn´t.

The rule is C2.3 - Combat logging. The rule is in place to ensure that roleplay flows naturally, people do not disappear mid sentence in the real world so they shouldn't in a roleplay situation.

If this rule wasn't in place there would be no consequences for people's actions, people wouldn't lose their items in roleplay scenarios, the police would have no means to punish criminals, a conflict between groups and businesses would be meaningless if you could manage when you were present in a situation. All negative roleplay to any character in the server would be nonexistent, completely cutting off that avenue of roleplay between groups.

It wouldn't be fun for anyone and would undermine the entire server. It would not be good for any roleplay.

Very well.

I will issue an unban today and hope you will not waste this opportunity. Any ban within the next 6 months, will be permanent and much harder to appeal. 

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back