What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Paul Abdeen - GTA RP

JJDD

Server: GTA RP
Character Name: Johnny Dick
Steam ID: 76561198202258652
Ban ID (just the numbers): 15220
Ban Reason: C2.2
Why do you think you were banned: I was banned for emoting on a roof during an ongoing gunfight.
Why should we unban you: I'd like the chance to be unbanned because I've had time away from the community to reflect back on my actions to see where I went wrong / what I could've done instead and what I should do if a scenario like that ever occurs again. If a similar scene was to occur again I would take into consideration the fact that when conflict has begun, I now know that even if I don't have a direct line of sight on someone else, they may have knowledge of where I am and so emoting comes with the risk of dodging bullets and so will avoid using emotes in scenes of that nature. I fully understand why this rule is put in place, this is because it keeps the playing field equal to all parties involved which makes it enjoyable for all sides partaking in the scene and prevents exploiting the game's mechanics for an unfair advantage.

I wasn't aware of the announcement at the time but I had been told that there was a rule in place to prevent people from dodging bullets with emotes and so in my mind I thought that meant intentionally using emotes to dodge bullets that you know are being shot at you and didn't think it would be an issue to try and use the wall as cover in that way. I'm not writing this to justify my actions as I should have taken the time to read through all of the rules and be aware that what I was doing was wrong and realise that even though my intentions weren't to gain an unfair advantage, I still gained one as after I got hit by the bullet as I was emoting, the wall stopped shots that could have came after that from being able to hit me.

I've been reading through the rules to make myself more aware and to brush up on any that I didn't have a great understanding of to stop things like this from happening again in the future. With my time away I've been able to take a step back and see it from a different perspective than my own at the time and now understand why it wasn't acceptable as it's not in the spirit of RP and isn't enjoyable for anyone to have to deal with.
Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Back