What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - pengwino1234 - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

pengwino1234

Unban Appeal for pengwino1234 

In-game Name: Yi Chen

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198118745759

Ban ID: !!rpuk6509!!

Reason given for your ban: C2.3

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned for disconnecting after being killed by police.

Why should we unban you ?: The reason we should be unbanned is because of the misconduct on the part of the police officers. Me and 3 other cars pulled up to a parked police car with 2 police officers standing outside of it. One police officer was facing the car (this is the officer that I approached) and the other was repairing the car. This puts him in a passive state where he is not able to do anything else. After all 4 of our cars surrounded the officer's car all 7/8 of us jumped out of the cars and immediately pulled machetes and knives. Demanding that the officers put their hands up and refrain from touching their radio or any means of communication. The officer that I approached that was facing away proceeded to pull out a taser after I had told him to put his hands up with a machete to his back and rolled backwards and attempted to tase me and the other 2 people that were attacking him. He was promptly stabbed to death due to lack of valuing his life. The other officer which the rest of my friends approached was accosted by 4 people with machetes. After which he grabbed his rifle from his sling on his chest and started backing up and spraying in the general direction of everyone with machetes. Due to GTA mechanics he struck one with his gun stock. He was stabbed to death too due to his lack of value for his life. These officers showed a clear disregard for their life in an attempt to subdue all 7 people with weapons. One of which without a lethal weapon attempting to tase 3 people running at them with machetes. They should have surrendered and allowed us to take their possessions, maybe using them as collateral to escape the other officers that showed up.

All of this is a perfect explanation of why the officers were in the wrong. However, I do acknowledge that disconnecting from the server was the complete wrong thing to do. My thought process for disconnecting was that I did not want to get arrested and spend hours and hours in prison due to the previous lack of regard for the rules shown by the officers. If I get unbanned I will have learned from my mistakes and will handle any similar situations which hopefully won't happen with more elegance and maturity.

I hope you take this unban appeal into account and consider both perspectives involved in the situation.
Thank you.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

If I was to be in a similar situation I would have stayed in the game and continued to roleplay the scenario out. After being put in prison I would then save the recording and contact an admin to share the evidence with them. This is a much more mature way to handle the situation as it would result in both parties getting the clarity they are looking for. As opposed to leaving the game which was immature and stupid as it resulted in a ban and ruined the RP scenario.

Thank you for responding promptly.

Please quote the rule that you broke and explain why the rule is in place.

(C2.3) Combat logging - Logging out at any point during RP is exploiting.

The combat logging rule is in place as it is necessary to ensure a roleplay experience that is expected when playing on the server. By leaving the server after a situation hasn't gone your way you completely ruin the RP scenario that was taking place. Therefore taking away from the experience of everyone involved in the RP. This may have adverse effects on the characters that are involved. This might happen if someone is getting robbed but they decide to leave instead of handing over their items. Or if someone leaves after being arrested to avoid jail time. If the rule was not in place it would completely detract from the idea of taking risks since there is no risk if you can just leave the server.

To summarise, the combat logging rule is necessary to make sure people do not avoid in-game punishments, staff situations or any situation where the player is at risk of losing something.

Why should we give you another chance? What can you bring to the server? 

You should give me another chance as I have shown my dedication to being unbanned. I have been in anticipation to finally be back on the server. This month has given me time to reflect on my actions and realise how stupid it was to disconnect instead of just waiting and calling an admin. That irrationality will be completely gone if you decide to give me another chance as I have learned from my mistakes. I can bring fun, unique RP scenarios to the server with a good attitude towards everything, even if it doesn't go my way now that I have been punished and know the consequences for my actions.

Thank you.

Right I am going to give you another chance. Learn from this and make sure you are not here again.

Unbanned

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back