What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Reece Dunn - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reece Dunn

Server: GTA RP
Character Name: Reece Dunn
Steam ID: 76561198017271921
Ban ID (just the numbers): 16404
Ban Reason: C2.2
Why do you think you were banned: I was banned as a result of a player report: https://www.roleplay.co.uk/threads/report-a-player-unknown-azteca-gta-rp.424021/
The ban was placed on me as I were not able to show my own POV from the situation that occurred, leading staff to take action against me related to what information was able to be gained through the little evidence that had been submitted. This lead to a belief that I had exploited during the situation to gain an unfair advantage, due to the lack of evidence proving my innocence.
Why should we unban you: When I first got the ban handed to me I was a bit upset and annoyed as in my eyes there was no way anyone could think I exploited during the situation, this is something I still stand behind, using any means to gain an unfair advantage in whatever situation would simply not be something I'd find myself doing. Nevertheless, here I am, serving a ban due to a belief that this is exactly what I did. I had a lengthy conversation related to my ban after being handed it and I've come to the realization that I may have looked at this situation from the wrong perspective when first judging the outcome of it. I understand that at the end of the day I was not able to defend myself properly due to my lack of video evidence, so I can't blame anyone for believing I did what I am banned for. Though I hope I can through this appeal convice you that the reality is far from that and that there was a missjudgement made against myself.

I have held a pretty clean record through my history in rpuk, i've served two bans, both for NVL with approximately 1-1.5 years in between them, now obviously saying 'I've only been banned twice previously' isn't something to be bragged about as you'd want to keep that number to zero. But everyone makes mistakes every now and then, which I'd argue that both of the previous sentences I have served were due to. What I am trying to say with this is that I am not one for going out bending the rules trying to stay as close to the 'line' as possible, I messed up twice yes, but other than that I have always kept by the rules and made sure that roleplay has been the main focus when spending any time on the server. I am sure people who have played with me would say the same.

I know that at the end of the day I am held responsable for the situation I find myself in today, and I have gotten a better understanding of how important it is to be able defending yourself as well as possible whenever it is needed to do so. In the report against myself I argued that the reason I didn't have a clip is due to using a hotkey function in medal that rarely is used unless I am asked to or find a funny/special occasion where I'd like to save the interaction for myself to rewatch at another date. However I now understand that this can/will and now have landed me with serving a punishment I shouldn't be, solely due to the fact of me not being able to prove other than what was believed when watching clips from someone elses perspective. As buggy as a door may or may not be a video speaks stronger than whatever words I am able to produce.

Due to this I have come to the realization that I either have to up the frequency of where I choose to create a clip during my gameplay, or go back to my old setup with a full session recording so I am always able to show the other side of things whenever it is needed, not only when I am given a headsup as there clearly can be situations where I won't have someone warning me of a future need to defend myself.

I'd really like the opportunity to come back to the community and play on the server once again to create fun and interesting experiences for those I run into, if it so be people I meet daily, once a week or just the occasional one time meeting. The RP I have recieved during my time on rpuk has been unmatched and it'd be a shame to see that go away due to me simply not being able to defend myself properly. And I just hope that whomever deals with this appeal reads this and trust that I didn't do what is believed, and in the future I will make sure that I am able to prove it.

If any staff have any questions regarding anything whether it be related to this ban or not, please feel free to ask them and I will answer as properly as I can.

Best regards,
Reece
Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Good evening @Reece Dunn

I hope all is well today :)

I appreciate the effort you have gone in to for this appeal but from the ticket that you made 07/03/2024 you were made aware that this ban carries a 6 month cool down.

Since you were banned 07/03/2024 you would be able to appeal 07/09/2024

I look forward to reading your appeal in September!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back