What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - ReggieW - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieW

Server: Discord
Discord Username: dan.__
Discord ID: 264882760722808842
Ban Reason: Unsure, probably C1.3 or C1.12
Why do you think you were banned: I was banned because I made some distasteful comments in the group's discord which upset some people. The comments were made after a good friend of mine, the person I joined the server with and did primarily all of my rp with, got banned for something I believe was unfair due to a multitude of reasons. After making these comments, I was banned from the group’s discord and the main RPUK discord.
Why should we unban you: I believe I should be unbanned because I have been a part of this community for two- and a half years, I have created and been a part of many interesting and engaging scenarios and have explored many different storylines the server had to offer. I would like to be given the opportunity to continue this and further develop any existing ones currently in play.

When I first joined the server, I explored rp avenues with a small group of friends on our own accord and explored the different opportunities this server had on offer- the different people, gangs, businesses and avenues of making money. After a month or so, we met members of the group Hustlers and became good friends with them, in particular Michael Mason and Frankie Green. They introduced us to the criminal gang side of the server and gave us the opportunity to join their group. I enjoyed my time in Hustlers thoroughly and appreciate the roleplay stories that I participated in. Some of these include the Hustler and Firm conspiracy; myself and Ernie hosted two auctions bringing members of every gang together to auction off rare items; being a part of many conflicts between gangs such as Marabunta, in which we had a long and intricate rp story with them and their at-the-time leader Kat. After being in Hustlers for over a year, a couple of us decided to explore a different gang's perspective of the server and joined Aztecas. I have now been in Aztecas since January 2023 and have been a part of even more rp stories and opportunities that were new and exciting. I’ve been able to interact with different people from a different perspective, Firm being a great example of that, got to know an entirely new group of people and rp with them and create stories and rp avenues as a group. A lot of the good roleplay I’ve provided

Regarding the reason I got banned, I feel a holistic approach to what was happening in the discord at the time is very important. Ernie had just been banned and people had immediately gone to groups and begun being toxic and making sly comments about the situation- instigating conflict. Whilst this doesn’t excuse my comments, I feel like it adds to the volatility and emotions surrounding the situation. They were distasteful jokes I made and I had no intentions on acting on these on the server. In hindsight, these comments were insensitive as there may be people who have been faced with these situations, and I shouldn’t have made them.

If I were to be unbanned, I would explore more independent roleplay scenarios with Ernie and meet new players and interact with them and provide them with good quality and enjoyable roleplay. I would distance myself from Aztecas and gang roleplay to focus more on exploring new situations and take a step back from something I have done quite consistently during my time on the server.
Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Hello there @ReggieW , I hope you are well.

I must say, I was very disappointed to see such comments from you in discord. Now, that some time has passed, do you still feel the same way about Ernie´s ban? And while I am aware the whole channel was quite toxic at the time, there was not many people who decided to cross the line like you did - why did you feel it was necessary to go to such length with your responses?

I never wanted to be in this section and I made a mistake.
I do believe that Ernie did cross a certain line to the point where the ban was justified.
The responses I gave came from a place of frustration as the person I'd been on the server with for over 2 years was permanently banned and I was letting it out in groups with some unsavoury humour that wasn't appropriate and insensitive, especially given the situation at the time.
At the time it seemed like I was going with the flow of the channel but looking back I definitely crossed the line with the comments I made and they were completely unnecessary.

Hello @ReggieW

I hope all is well today :)

You say this came from frustration? How can we trust this won't happen again? A lot was said that is very concerning.

I understand and appreciate you saying that you have made a mistake and that things went too far but we are not ready to welcome you back as of yet.

I won't put a cool on your next appeal, I would advise the take some time and appeal again when you think the time is right

Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back