What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Rock ares - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock ares

Banned
Unban Appeal for Rock ares 

In-game Name: Rock Ares

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561199013128099

Ban ID: !!rpuk13742!!

Reason given for your ban: G1.3 - Forum report

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned for G1.3 (baiting)

The reason i was given this ban is because of my poor roleplay with the police officers that was involved in the situation at triads gas station.
I was selling up on coalitions hill and then police show up. Due to my character not liking police as he is a Criminal, I drove my bike very slow around so my mates could get close and possibly help me escape.
Once my mates was eventually with me i realised 1 of them was on a faggio which could go max around 30mph if im correct. This lead to us leading the cops around the city at 20-30mph with near to little roleplay between either sides.

We made it down towards triads area and i realised i needed fuel so i could attempt to make it down to 229 turf where i know i will be safe.
I originally saw 1 maybe 2 police cars behind us so at the time i thought i would be able to:
- get off my bike
- fuel up
- get back on my bike and leave safely due to me thinking they wouldn't do anything as we had more people there than they had police.

This lead to an officer tazing me as i tried to ride off which then lead to my friend punching the officer then a massive brawl kicked off at the gas station. I then got reported which left me here attempting to get unbanned from one of my favourite servers.

Why should we unban you ?: I feel like i should be unbanned due to me always trying to provide good quality RP whether im losing the situation or winning the situation i am apart of. Like i have previously said before, the main reason i am here is to provide quality and good RP for myself and others around me as that is what i really do enjoy doing on this server.
Due to my report taking a little while to get processed, it gave me enough time to realise why i was reported and how i effected the police officers roleplay that day and what i could and should have done better in that RP situation. Such as:

- simply get off my bike and get on a friends bike back to turf as mine was running out of fuel.
- attempt to talk to the police officers and actually ask what they wanted as i still did not know at that time.
- Possibly take the chase on foot, climbing over walls, running through alleys in an attempt to escape from the police.

There are many ways i should have taken it but due to my stupidity at the time i unfortunately did not take any of them potential RP routes which has lead to me being back on the forums once again.
whilst its a large ask again, I really do want to prove to the staff team and the community that i can give the people of the server quality roleplay within their time on this server.
I want to show the staff team i can learn from these mistakes and how much of a positive impact i can make on someone's roleplay.

I want to apologise to the staff team, the officer "Richard" and any other officers which was there for letting you guys down and ruining your roleplay during that situation. Like i have said before, i understand RPUK is a very serious RP server and things like this should not be taken lightly and i honestly believe i did deserve this punishment. Providing quality roleplay is the number 1 priority on this server over anything else and i always do thrive to provide quality roleplay no matter what situation i am in. I would love a chance to prove my self to everyone in this community that i can provide good roleplay for everyone.

I understand its very difficult for anyone to trust what i am saying due to my not so good past with bans. I understand these chances don't come by easy in any means, which is why i can assure you that nothing like this will NEVER happen again and will provide quality roleplay in every roleplay scenario i am for everyone around me. This mistake i really regret due to me letting my friends down and the community around me down, and in the process getting a couple of my friends banned in the process.
if i were to get unbanned i can promise that i would provide quality and unique RP scenarios which the members of the community will remember for the rest of their time playing this server.

appreciate you for reading :)

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

You got banned 11/5/23 for baiting. 

You got unbanned 21/5/23 and yet here you are now, 10/8/23 banned, again, for baiting...

In your very last appeal, Liam outlined your history within our server and gave you an opportunity, a golden chance, to which you accepted the conditions of. 

I'm struggling very hard right now not to straight up deny this appeal and send you on your way for 6 months but my personal interactions with you ingame, and knowing full well you are capable of roleplaying to a high standard is actually helping you here, even though I cannot and will not guarantee this will mean you're going to get unbanned. This just means I'm not going to straight up deny it. 

Please, please, convince us. I've read what you've put above, but I'm still struggling to be able to justify offering you an unban. 

You got banned 11/5/23 for baiting. 
hello mate, appreciate for the reply.

im just curious about his as in my last appeal liam said this " Baiting” was placed in error, your only rule break from this situation is Common Sense due to the lack of RP towards the downed Marabunta members." I just wanna know if this is the baiting ban u were talking about

Now onto the main part of your reply.

I'm struggling very hard right now not to straight up deny this appeal and send you on your way for 6 months but my personal interactions with you ingame, and knowing full well you are capable of roleplaying to a high standard is actually helping you here, even though I cannot and will not guarantee this will mean you're going to get unbanned. This just means I'm not going to straight up deny it. 

Please, please, convince us. I've read what you've put above, but I'm still struggling to be able to justify offering you an unban. 
I appreciate you even giving me a chance to talk about my ban and not sending me away for 6 months. 

I understand my history may not be the best with having a gone  through the FBS and then having a couple permanent bans after that. i have always been a person for learning and mending mistakes when im in the wrong. Every ban i have had i have tried my hardest to learn from that and improve my self as a Roleplayer and as a person. Correct me if im wrong but i believe i have not been banned for the same thing twice (unless the last baiting ban was not an error) so i hope that helps you believe a bit more of what i have just said. Yes i understand that i shouldn't even let it lead to me getting banned for me to learn from what ive done but unfortunately my mistakes have left me with a ban. 

As you have said, you have experienced my roleplay to a high standard. That is what im here for, to roleplay and have fun with everyone in the community. There are no other servers out their which i truly believe is better than RPUK's community and it will honestly be awful if i was taken out of it for something stupid i done.

As my character has this massive dislike against police this does not give me any excuse to provide this awful roleplay for the officers at the situation as that is my character that dislikes police, not me as a person. There are so many avenues of roleplay i wish i took with them police and if i were to get unbanned i would make sure to use my very last chance to roleplay to the highest quality for every situation like this.

more than happy to answer any questions you may want to ask about this ban and my roleplay

once again i appreciate the quick reply and for u reading fluqi 🙂 

What would you have done differently throughout the entire situation?

hey liam, thanks for the reply. 

If i was put into the same situation again i would attempt to have some sort of roleplay with the officer such as something as simple as talking to him asking him what i done wrong and what he wants me to do. 
if he asked me to step off the bike, me being a criminal and knowing there is a high chance he will attempt to detain me, i would have more than likely taken a fun chase for a little bit which i know both sides usually enjoy. 
Lets say during that chased i went around a corner a bit too quick and i crashed, downed myself then the police officer detained me. In the back of the police car i would be using the /me function to show the officer how injured my character would be by the crash such as /me dislocated shoulder, this would hopefully make the officer either provide some medical RP on me or call an NHS member in an attempt to re-locate my shoulder and get me back on my feet.

Doing this would have assured either sides enjoyed the roleplay as much as each other. (the crim, the officer and NHS)

Hello @Rock ares

Do the following for us, so we're both on the same page.

• Quote the rule you broke, as it appears on the rules page
  • Explain the rule you broke, in your own words
  • Explain why we have this on the server

Every interaction that you have with the Police, does NOT need to end in a battle whether that is Melee warfare, or shooty shooty warfare. As well as not every interaction needs to get your boys involved. Without the Police, there would be no gangs and vice versa. You're both here to roleplay, and to ensure that both sides have fun on the server which in that report. It seems that you wanted to win as fast as possible with being at no disadvantage as such by getting 229 involved. I can understand that you may think that he wanted to arrest you, and he might've wanted to but Roleplay is a two way street. What is the worst that could've happened? He took your 200 bagged coke, and your melee weapon? A fight was started, and now 229 reap the consequences in RP through raids, warrants and high extended sentences. You might be a gangster, that has bad interaction with Police but as I said, Roleplay is a two way street.

Hey liam thanks for the reply, 

Every interaction that you have with the Police, does NOT need to end in a battle whether that is Melee warfare, or shooty shooty warfare. As well as not every interaction needs to get your boys involved. Without the Police, there would be no gangs and vice versa. You're both here to roleplay, and to ensure that both sides have fun on the server which in that report. It seems that you wanted to win as fast as possible with being at no disadvantage as such by getting 229 involved. I can understand that you may think that he wanted to arrest you, and he might've wanted to but Roleplay is a two way street. What is the worst that could've happened? He took your 200 bagged coke, and your melee weapon? A fight was started, and now 229 reap the consequences in RP through raids, warrants and high extended sentences. You might be a gangster, that has bad interaction with Police but as I said, Roleplay is a two way street.
Yeah i 100% agree with you, its not all about winning, its about having quality roleplay and as much of it as possible, now looking back on it i do realise what i have done wrong and what i could do better in the future if i do get unbanned and would make sure my roleplay in general with police improves. 

Quote the rule you broke, as it appears on the rules page
(G1.3) Baiting - Taking deliberate actions to create a scenario where you get chased or engaged with, especially to cause a firefight. Examples: Robbing a service station with the intent of a gunfight, deliberately committing crimes in front of the police, swearing at a group of gang members.

Explain the rule you broke, in your own words
The rule i broke was G1.3 (Baiting) This rule is where people ( police, crims, civs etc) deliberately do things in an attempt for the opposing side to react in such a way it starts off some sort of fight. An example of this would be a police officer coming down to a gang turf, circling, beeping their horn so they can get that gang to react and possibly start a shootout.

Explain why we have this on the server
We have this rule on the server to make sure top quality roleplay is being taken place between opposing groups such as police and gangs. This rule is also in place so that people cant just go around annoying other gangs for the sake of having a shootout or to get some sort of reaction out of said group. 

Thanks for taking your time to read my appeal 🙂

So there is a huge issue with this appeal.

As Fluqi stated prior -

In your very last appeal, Liam outlined your history within our server and gave you an opportunity, a golden chance, to which you accepted the conditions of. 

I am torn between giving you a 6 month cooldown, and letting you return back to this server and community. I've spoke to Fluqi about you, and this appeal. There has been good roleplay scenarios have come from you but then on the other hand, you were warned that you were going to have a 6 month cooldown if banned again within 6 months. I am going to need a lot more detail, and effort put into this appeal before I can even make a proper decision.

Furthermore, in the most recent events with the matter of 229. What are your next goals if you were to return? What will do you? Tell me...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Liam, thank you for the fast response on this one.
Firstly, due to my ban history I entirely understand that you may be in a predicament when it comes to making a decision and I agree that my record doesn't support me.

I want to start of this by saying I enjoy roleplaying and have tried my best to make unique characters throughout my time on the server and I would like to say despite my record in terms of rules I have provided good roleplay majority of the time I've been on the server.
I want to go into more detail on the previous question you asked as I want to ensure you and the staff team I'm fully aware of the reasonings behind my ban and I have a good understanding of the rules.

To start off with I'd like to go into more depth on G1.3 (Baiting). Baiting is an important rule on the server as it shows the intent and desired outcomes for peoples time on the server whether that be to gain valuable items quickly such a guns or to engage in a gunfight for the sake of it. With G1.3 being implemented it makes sure that peoples intent behind their actions are always for the purpose of creating a unique interesting RP situation for every party involved that doesn't have personal gain or fun at the pinnacle of the experience.

Now, in my situation specifically I took deliberate action which could've been avoided to create a situation which never needed to happen, as you stated "Roleplay is a two way street" and I completely agree with you. I could've received refreshing RP from the traffic stop and made a better experience on the server for those involved but instead I decided to go down a "Attack first talk later" path which my past gangs/groups have lead me to think like that but i am going to change that mentality if i were allowed back onto the server as its simply not what i am. I'm fully aware on how this mentality has a negative impact on the server and the community as it leaves players feeling unsatisfied with the roleplay and as a community it doesn't grow. I may have bad interactions with police and sometimes my decisions were made by that but as you put it again "roleplay is a two way street" which means the police probably feel the same way I do in a sense considering things like this happen to police on a daily basis. This gives me a better outlook on the situation and how to handle things like this in the future as I know despite police receiving bad RP on a regular basis they still try their best to maintain high quality roleplay and create fun situations for everyone such as an intense car chase or even when in the cells having a laugh with you and making sure the most dulling part of being arrested is still fun for you.

Furthermore, in the most recent events with the matter of 229. What are your next goals if you were to return? What will do you? Tell me
In terms of my future plans within RP I'll be honest, I don't really have a plan as RP can take you anywhere. If I were allowed to return to the server my plan would be to leave 229 due to recent events which has happened within RP which my character is not proud of and due to promises made within RP to the gang he's going to stay true to his word and take his leave from 229. Following this, my character is going to chill on the server on his own and with close friends and meet new people and experience a different type of roleplay on the server from the typical gang life which I have been apart of for roughly a year now. I want to experience a "normal" life within roleplay I guess you could say, and see what unique RP scenarios come from it.

Down the line, not the immediate future, I would like to join the apostles as it isn't a gang and from Brock my RP brother I know they have a lot strict policies and value their image and roleplay more than personal gain. An example of this is their no robbing or scamming policy, I believe this to be a good thing as I believe it's commonly known that robbing is when RP slips the most as the mindset of "loot first RP later" tends to take control. This policy being in place in a sense forces members to stick to a meaningful RP storyline as members of a religious group wouldn't run around like gangsters robbing everyone and the idea of sticking to a meaningful storyline appeals to me thoroughly, I personally felt like being in 229 was bringing down my level of roleplay due to how many wars/beefs we were in and in all honestly I did not enjoy that sort of roleplay and all of this would make things feel fresh breathe of life for me on RPUK.

thanks for replying once again Liam 🙂 

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you saying that your reason for Poor RP was being a part of 229? If so, isn't it down to you to create good RP and not be dragged down by others?

Hey Liam once again thank you for the response!

No, I'm not blaming 229 for my poor roleplay on the server as majority of people in 229 could roleplay to high standards and prioritised it in their interactions on the server. My comment wasn't to blame others or say they influence me on the server it was saying being in so many back-to-back conflicts took a hit on my roleplay as most of the time spent on the server was either selling coke or engaging in fights. I agree with what you say, it is solely down to me to engage with others and ensure that I hold myself to a high standard regardless of the people around me their actions do not influence what I do. I know that no matter what, my roleplay should always be to the highest quality possible, the group I am I'm should not differ my quality of Roleplay It’s not that certain people in 229 were effected my roleplay, it’s was more that what we was doing as a group/gang which effected it l, this is because we were in constant gang beefs/fighting police etc which has not portrayed me as a person who can provide high quality Roleplay. It is 100% down to me and me only to make sure I am providing high quality roleplay during my time on the server. I am disappointed in myself to be in this situation again and ruining someone else's roleplay experience by me providing extremely poor roleplay. I would like to clarify that 229 never had a grasp on me as a person or my roleplay, nor did they influence my decisions on the server. My mistakes and rules breaks, my achievements, were all my decisions and uninfluenced by my gang/people around me and I have always taken fully accountability of those actions regardless of the outcome. I hope this explanation has given you more insight on what was meant by my previous comment in my reply.

Thanks for the reply once again Liam 🙂

Thank you for the effort, and detail that you're putting into your appeal.

As stated already, I've already spoke to Fluqi and we wont be denying you and giving you 6 months. However, if we unban you today that will very much stay -

Any bans within a 6 month period, you will receive a 6 month cooldown. This is your very last chance and its a golden one.

Do you agree to these terms?

Hello liam thanks for the reply again.

i 100% think these terms are very fair and yeah i agree to these terms
i really do appreciate you giving me this golden chance once again.
have a great day 🙂

Bare in mind, that even if you are banned within a 6 month period. You might not even get the chance to return back after the 6 months cooldown as you are going down a poor slope in terms of Roleplay. You must do better, and create better scenarios for those involved.

Unbanned

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back