What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Simon_ - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon_

Unlinked
Unban Appeal for Simon_ 

In-game Name: Simon Porters

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561199384861746

Ban ID: !!rpuk15521!!

Reason given for your ban: C2.3 Combat Logging

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned due to the events that took place during an Azteca and Cutlass fight within the arcade, whilst holding the manager's office within the arcade, my internet dropped causing me to timeout from the server, during this time I was waited for my internet to return, upon logging back in and letting my game load, I reconnected, since I was previously a part of the fight I decided to engage upon me loading back in.

Looking back at this situation, I should have made staff aware of a ticket, or even Aztecas before reconnecting, this would have ensured everyone was having a fair encounter.

Why should we unban you ?:  The reason I believe I should be unbanned is due to the nature of this situation. It was an odd situation, I myself take on the accountability of my actions, but the factor out of my control was me losing connection to the server.

Over the time spent on RPUK I have kept a rather clean record and made sure that I can follow the rules whilst engaging with this community, I know for a fact that I can continue to do so after taking this time away from the server to assess how I what actions I should take if this type of situation would ever occur again, create a ticket to alert staff, and see If I can reach the other party to alert them of what has happened. I would like to apologise to the staff for having to deal with that situation and the inconvenience I may have caused upon them.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Good morning @Simon_

I hope all is well today 🙂  

Looking back at this situation, I should have made staff aware of a ticket, or even Aztecas before reconnecting, this would have ensured everyone was having a fair encounter.
Why didn't this happen? 

The reason I had failed to do this, is due to the fact the heat of the moment, as this was a high intensity situation, I didn’t take the time to understand the severity of what could occur and how to approach the situation at hand, I know better now to think more of the situation as a whole rather than think to think of myself personally and will definitely ensure to do this if any form of situation occurs. 

I regret not looking at it in this light previously as it would have prevented this situation escalating further, ruining the situation for others whilst consuming the staff team's time.

Good afternoon @Simon_, I hope all is well! 🙂

You timed out due to internet issues at 01:37 which has been confirmed.

You then log back in at 01:42 and log back out again on purpose within 30 seconds.
Again, you log back in at 01:48 and log back out again on purpose at 02:03...

Why did you not attempt to stay and continue the situation both times?

Good afternoon to you Dannoo, thank you for your response,

So upon my internet timing out, I attempted to log back in, my textures were bugged so I disconnected during this time I was trying to understand what the next step of action would be to ensure that I am not causing harm to the situation, I assessed since I wasn’t shot at yet would I need to reconnect to the situation or not, however I felt that If i didn’t reconnect it would be combat logging as afterall I was in the situation when Aztecas began to push the Arcade.

Hello @Simon_,

This answer hasn't fully cleared up why you've logged out purposely BOTH times after the internet issue? 
Overall, it's what's fallen under combat logging. 

I was having technical issues at the time but can't remember the exact specifics apart from having to restart a couple of times. I should have made contact via OOC whilst trying to log back which has landed me here.

Good morning,

You mentioned previous that the reason you hadn't reached out OOC was due to the "heat of the moment". 
Will this frequently overpower rules? 

Hi @Danoo

No, this will not occur again, I understand now that I should have taken a moment out of my time to assess the situation myself, take a moment and take the correct actions. I know this now and will ensure to follow to do so, this was a mistake I do not wish to have occur again, therefore, I will choose to take the correct measures.

Good afternoon @Simon_,

It's been almost a year since your last ban. You've had a combat logging ban prior back in 2022 however I'm aware they're slightly different circumstances.
Given all you've answered above, I'm willing to give you another chance back on RPUK to prove yourself.

As per the FBS, any ban you receive within the next 6 months will be a permanent taking you right back here.
Please don't waste the chance.

UNBANNED

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back