What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - snowporter - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowporter

Unlinked
Unban Appeal for snowporter 

In-game Name: Snow Vick

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561199210526900

Ban ID: !!rpuk12173!!

Reason given for your ban: C2.2 Player Report

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I breached C2.2 Rule by lifting up a player through a bannister, which is why I was banned.

Why should we unban you ?: I understood upon viewing the clip that what I did was considered exploiting.
Considering that you couldn't pull someone through a bannister.
To prevent confusion if I ever encountered the same situation again, I would make sure to record my actions.
If I see someone on the other side of a wall, fence, or other piece of building, I will, if possible, use the appropriate roleplay to grab them.
I would totally steer well clear of a situation if it wouldn't make sense in roleplay.

The C2.2 Rule was put in place to prevent players from taking advantage of bugs and game mechanics.
The gaming experience would be ruined if users were permitted to exploit.
I've just recently joined the server, but I'm really enjoying it. I want to show you that I take roleplaying seriously and improve the way you see my play.
I apologise to anyone I may have affected in this situation.
This has served as both a punishment and a chance for me to reflect on how I might improve roleplay.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

After the talk Violet and I had with yourself and others in your group,
I'd expect the reflection on roleplay standards to be considered THEN and not now you've been banned.

Run me through what happened that evening.​

My team was pushing the Coalition ranch.
I shot a coalition man as we broke through the ground floor and were pushing upstairs. A few of my men then fell in front of me.
I was attempting to pick up one of them while running back downstairs.
As shown in the clip, I picked up a member who was trapped in the top floor bannister and carried him outside before dumping him off once more because the police had shown up.
I never used any recording software, but I now see how much it would be useful in instances like this. Being there made things more chaotic because I was surrounded by gunfire and wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.
I do my best to roleplay, and I've been learning a lot from my group.
I want to prove to you that I can deliver excellent roleplay while staying clear of any actions that could be considered exploiting.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you state to @Fluqiin a ticket that you were on the stairs when you carried him or he was on the same floor as you when you carried him, then tried to play it off as The Ranch was a buggy MLO? but now in this appeal, you're admitting to it? So which is it?

I feel like you're just telling us what you think we want to hear rather than owning your rule break.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I didn't record I'm unable to show you exactly what I have seen on the stairs so we can only go off the clips provided. In those clips I can be seen grabbing a body through a bannister so I take full responsibility for my actions and in future, I'll be sure to record to avoid any confusion. A similar glitch can be witnessed in this clip [https://streamable.com/huw902] experienced within the past few days by my gang members. I'm fairly new to the server so I'll take extra caution during body pickups and make sure to record my actions as I'm not here to exploit.

You've not answered my question, are you telling us what you want us to hear or are you owning the rule break? In your latest reply, you're still passing the blame onto a glitch rather than yourself exploiting a game mechanic but in your initial appeal you're owning the rule break?

I'd understand the 'It was a glitch in the server clause!' had not three other people witness the same thing that we did in the footage.

As I said previously I take full responsibility for picking up a body in the manner I did as seen in the clip and am now aware of how it is considered exploiting. No blame is being passed on and that's why I'm appealing it.

To confirm I am owning the fact that I grabbed a body from the bannister as seen by you and will make sure not to involve myself in any actions that could be considered exploiting.

This was in the middle of a chaotic shootout where a couple of people had got shot around the staircase which I tried to grab. I was confused because the clips don't show everyone so I can apologize for this and didn't mean to come across as a liar.

What happens if you do something odd like this in the future? Are you just going to ignore it like you did this time, until you were confronted?

In the future, if something like this would occur I will be sure to take the necessary steps via OOC to alert the other players/staff to avoid any confusion. I would also make sure to have my gameplay recorded to show any weird happenings from my point of view.

I hope you'll do this in the future, and wont be back here. To note, any bans within a 6 month period will land you right back here appealing due to Fair Ban System.

Unbanned

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back