What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Soarific - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soarific

Unlinked
Unban Appeal for Soarific 

In-game Name: Elton Prawn

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198059269221

Ban ID: !!rpuk12106!!

Reason given for your ban: C2.3 + G1.6

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned for combat logging and being out of character. I can agree with the being out of character to an extent as I was shot in the head whilst asking someone to move from the front of my vehicle or else I would have to run them over, instead of carrying on with roleplay they just pulled out a gun and instantly shot me, my understanding of roleplay was they should engage a little more before just willingly shooting me dead over such a trivial matter. I was blocked into a corner in my vehicle with no option to move away from the scenario. I will explain the combat logging event in the "Why should we unban you section".

Why should we unban you ?: The honest truth is that yes I probably was being out of character but as mentioned before I didn't think the event that led to my death was fair roleplay. After being shot and killed I remained with my captors for an extended period of time and they even moved me to a separate location across the city to leave me, they then returned again and put me back in a vehicle and started driving to an unknown location, it was at this point that my young puppy started crying very loudly which wasn't like him and I had to immediately go and see what was wrong with him and take care of him, he had been poorly for the duration of that week. I even have timestamp proof on my indoor camera which would tie in with the time that I "combat logged". I did after seeing my puppy immediately rejoin the server only to find myself lying in the middle of the road, I thought I would still be in the vehicle so this wasn't known to me that I would in fact end up on the floor where I logged rather than be back with my captives. Again my puppy started acting up and I had to leave to look after him so I disconnected once again from the server to attend to him. Upon my return later that evening I was banned for combat logging and being out of character. Unfortunately real life gets in the way and I would like to think it is understandable to be able to attend to my sick puppy rather than continue to stay on the server, it was in no way an attempt to escape my death/being held hostage and was truly down to bad timing with my puppy. Again if required I have proof of this should it be needed.

I would ask to have an unban as I truly didn't intend to combat log or be out of character.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
You were unbanned on the 05/03/23 for calling other members of the community, very discriminatory words. Six days later, you're banned for Combat Logging and stating "you players are all shit roleplayers".

It seems to me, that you get angry really quickly over a game and tend to break rules to one up whomever has upset you. I don't believe that you disconnected from the server as your puppy was acting up. It looks without a doubt that you disconnected from the server due to the anger you felt during an RP situation.

Your paragraph in 'Why should we unban you?' just looks like waffle. I'll get you the chance to be honest and re-write that section otherwise this will need to be denied.

You were unbanned on the 05/03/23 for calling other members of the community, very discriminatory words. Six days later, you're banned for Combat Logging and stating "you players are all shit roleplayers".

It seems to me, that you get angry really quickly over a game and tend to break rules to one up whomever has upset you. I don't believe that you disconnected from the server as your puppy was acting up. It looks without a doubt that you disconnected from the server due to the anger you felt during an RP situation.

Your paragraph in 'Why should we unban you?' just looks like waffle. I'll get you the chance to be honest and re-write that section otherwise this will need to be denied.
I mean I haven't had any clarification on my point of others not roleplaying well, so is it acceptable to be shot to death instantly when cornered in my vehicle? I didn't think it was but if you are telling me otherwise then I can only apologise but I would have thought that wasn't good roleplay, I thought the scenario would of had to play out a bit differently in order for me to be shot instantly. The gangs seem to run the city without any repercussions hence my comment of them ruining roleplay. 

And I'm afraid I can't change my honest comments on why I should be unbanned, I didn't combat log due to anger issues during the RP situation. I've already mentioned I have proof of this with a timestamp on my indoor camera, would you like to see the footage if I can send it to you? I stand by my comments as I know that is exactly what happened, again I have the proof in the form of timestamp and video evidence which ties in with the exact moment I left the server to attend to my puppy. Real life gets in the way and yes the timing is comical but it is the truth, and that I cannot change.

I mean I haven't had any clarification on my point of others not roleplaying well, so is it acceptable to be shot to death instantly when cornered in my vehicle? I didn't think it was but if you are telling me otherwise then I can only apologise but I would have thought that wasn't good roleplay, I thought the scenario would of had to play out a bit differently in order for me to be shot instantly. The gangs seem to run the city without any repercussions hence my comment of them ruining roleplay. 

And I'm afraid I can't change my honest comments on why I should be unbanned, I didn't combat log due to anger issues during the RP situation. I've already mentioned I have proof of this with a timestamp on my indoor camera, would you like to see the footage if I can send it to you? I stand by my comments as I know that is exactly what happened, again I have the proof in the form of timestamp and video evidence which ties in with the exact moment I left the server to attend to my puppy. Real life gets in the way and yes the timing is comical but it is the truth, and that I cannot change.
Hi, just wanted to add to this, it is not a bump in anyway shape or form. I would have been able to provide video evidence but unfortunately the video clips auto delete after 3 days. I did have to wait a full month before appealing this ban or else I could have provided it in time. I don't know what else to say, I know you have said it sounds like waffle and given me a chance to re-write the section on why you should unban me but if I done that then I would be lying and I don't want to lie for the sake of an unban, I know those events occurred as I described them and that is the gods honest truth, the timing couldn't be more ridiculous but I can assure you I did have to attend my sick puppy and I was not in fact rage quitting from roleplay. 

We have edit functions on threads for a reason.

Locked for 3 days due to bumping.

Hello @Soarific

the issues im seeing with your appeal at the moment is that all though your reason for disconnecting may be true (not saying it is) you are completely disregarding the other people in the scenario. Did you at all attempt to contact them after the scenario?

If you’re unhappy with the roleplay provided by a player your always able to call to one of the voice chats in our discord. I must however remind you that you are not the judge of what is “fair” roleplay, that is the staff teams job.

so excuses aside, why should we unban you?

Hello @Soarific

the issues im seeing with your appeal at the moment is that all though your reason for disconnecting may be true (not saying it is) you are completely disregarding the other people in the scenario. Did you at all attempt to contact them after the scenario?

If you’re unhappy with the roleplay provided by a player your always able to call to one of the voice chats in our discord. I must however remind you that you are not the judge of what is “fair” roleplay, that is the staff teams job.

so excuses aside, why should we unban you?
Hi @L1L,

I again speak the truth regarding my disconnect reason, if I weren't to stand by it then I would be lying. I did not attempt to contact them as by that point I was already banned from the server for combat logging and had to wait a month to appeal. I am fairly new to roleplay and I just didn't think that pulling a gun and instantly shooting someone was allowed to happen, so when I did get shot I wasn't happy with it and I didn't go along with their roleplay for the most part, it was my intention to complain about them or raise the issue with staff but as I said I was already banned so couldn't do that. 

I would like to be unbanned as I was having a lot of fun on the server and enjoying the roleplay, I just feel I need some guidance on what is acceptable and not acceptable roleplay, I will have another read over the rules to see if there is something I can take away so that if a similar event were to happen in the future I wouldn't just assume it was bad roleplay. I also should continue to roleplay regardless if I think it is fair or not and then take the matter up with staff once the scenario has ended rather than not cooperating. I'm not sure what else to say, my reasons for disconnecting were genuine and I have taken your advice onboard about it not being my job to judge what is and isn't fair roleplay. I can only learn from my mistakes and not let it happen again in the future.

I did not attempt to contact them as by that point I was already banned from the server
This statement is a false and a lie.

So,

You were shot dead at 18:28:40, disconnected at 18:50:27, reconnected and disconnected at 18:56:01, reconnected and disconnected at 19:05:48 and then you were banned at 19:10:28

This doesn't strike me as someone who is here to Roleplay and also throws out your lie of 'I did not attempt to contact them as by that point I was already banned from the server'. You disconnected three times before you were banned. 

Being new to Roleplay is irrelevant, you knew this was against the rules and I know this for a fact. Considering, you have to select a check box that states 'I have read the rules' before creating a new character.

You were unbanned on the 05/03/23 from a rule break where you showed a complete lack of care for the rules and decided to through very discriminatory insults at members of the Community, you've then been further banned 11 days later for failure to care about the rules.

Due to the above, this appeal is going to be denied. If you want to lie and try manipulate to get your way in this appeal. We simply wont entertain it.

Denied, Can appeal 27/05/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back