What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Stankyjim - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimR

Unban Appeal for Stankyjim 

In-game Name: Jim Runner

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561199249750928

Ban ID: 9584

Reason given for your ban: C2.3

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned because I unknowingly combat logged whilst in RP with another player. I believed that I had given good warning to the other players that I would have to leave at the time of the situation. In fact, I had not warned them in OOC which is my mistake as I am familiar with OOC but apparently I forgot that it existed at this time haha, which is my mistake. 

Why should we unban you ?: I think I should be unbanned because, it was a mistake. It is one that I am owning up to, and saying yeah, I should know better. I now realise that when in RP with the other players I told them that I had to 'pop my head' and other phrases at a certain time. I did say to them at least half an hour prior to the combat log that I was going to have to 'pop my head' at a certain time and I did give fair warning with time to spare, asking them to continue the situation another day and let me sleep in the cells. Looking back on the situation I see that I should have used OOC chat for this and it is completely my fault. I am not going to argue with my ban, saying it is wrong. I'm going to admit that after considering it, yeah I was in the wrong and after reviewing the evidence against me I see exactly what I did wrong. I am truly sorry for this as it is not acceptable considering that I am relatively experienced on the server. I believe that I should be unbanned because I recognise my mistakes, and I promise to be more aware, and to think things through. I promise that if I am unbanned I will not break RP, and I will always use OOC for these tricky situations. I would like to promise that my combat logging was merely a mistake and a lapse in judgement. I also want to apologise again for wasting staff time with my previous unban appeal, as it seems I am having a run of bad decision seeing as I did not check my forum notifications. Thank you for your time and I hope that you understand my case.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

here is a video of the combat log as well. This is me owning up to my mistake and I want the staff to see all the evidence in this situation. Once again, I deeply apologise for this and see my mistake. I have no idea why I didn't use OOC chat at the time. 

Please quote me the rule you broke and explain, in your own words, why it is in place and what consequences it would have if it wasn´t.

I broke rule 2.3 which is where you must roleplay everything unless in ooc or talking to an admin who tells you to be OOC. It is in place to maintain a high standard of roleplay. If this rule wasn't in place then people would be talking OOC whenever and roleplay would not be good.

Look up our rules again please... C2.3 is not what you described there.  

WOW. I apologise for that, I feel like an utter mong. I was thinking to myself that I didn't think I broke roleplay... or at least that wasn't what I was reported for. I was looking at G2.3 instead of C2.3. C2.3 (the reason for my ban) is a rule which is meant to prevent you from logging out during any roleplay situation. Sorry again.

Correct. So why do you think this rule is so important?

To prevent people leaving whenever they feel like in the middle of a roleplay situation. It keeps the quality of RP high and realistic.

Very well. 

Due to your fairly clean record so far, I will give you another chance. Make sure to read through the rules again and keep in mind, any ban during the next 6 months, will be permanent and much harder to be unbanned from.

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back