What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Stic - Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stic

Unban Appeal for Stic 

In-game Name: Marty Jobs (Mario)

Server: Discord

Steam ID: 76561198348581951

Ban ID: Unknown

Reason given for your ban: C1.2 and C1.3

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: To my knowledge there are 3 reasons to why I have been banned;

Reason 1: I repeatedly called someone a “mong” and questioned there mental state, asking if they are “retarded”

Reason 2: I recited the dictionary definition of the word “They” to an individual who used They/Him as a pronoun.

Reason 3: After being warned by a Dev, George, of the C1.2 rule, I asked who deciders if the views or words are to be deemed “Offensive”. He replied saying he does (George). I was 2 minutes later called a Nazi, in which I @ George if he finds being called a Nazi offensive, thus breaking the rules.

I was then Timed-out for 24 hours, 10 minutes later I was then added to a ticket, where screenshots of words I had sent were included saying it was a clear violation of C1.2 and C1.3 and that my discord account was to be banned.

Why should we unban you ?: Good afternoon,

I have been banned twice in the past, Once for Combat Logging, which I proved my innocence and was unbanned with a warning. And secondly for Metagaming “Hop on squad”, which to this day I don’t fully understand as I logged on 45mins- 1hour after the fight had ended.

Today I have a very different type of ban, a community ban. I rarely do type in the RPUK discord due to me not really caring about the OOC side of most people in the community and to fear of getting caught up in something like this. The initial reason I typed in the discord that led to this ban, was asking if that CFX was up yet as I wanted to go wipe the police force, A light hearted joke, meaning no harm. After being given an answer to my question by someone I know well, I was told minutes later to stop being lazy and check my self by a individual who I can even remember his name, I responded saying it’s quicker to ask in here as I have just proven finishing my sentence by calling this individual a “mong” describing him as a foolish person. He then was quick to call out the fact he had autism, which I believe he deeply misunderstood my again “light hearted joke” towards him. The argument went back and forwards till I was warned by a Dev to stop. In which I was eventually timed-out for asking said Dev if being called a Nazi was offensive, after being referred to one. I was then timed-out then moments later Banned.

Ultimately,
I think this was just a light hearted joke that was replied to with a “smart-ass” answer after I had already been given an answer, followed by an argument that got seen as “out of hand”.

It would be a big shame if my time here were to come to an end for a discord message exchange.

Thanks,
Mario

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Normally no.

In a private chat with people who I know can “take the joke” I think everyone is liable to it, however this was not a private chat and I was not aware on everyone’s ability to “take a joke” and was something I never should of said nor entertained.

Have you apologised to the player? 

I'm aware you can't get onto Discord to do so, but you can send them a forum message. @Paru

Please reply to the above @Sticor your appeal may time out. 
Did you reach out to the player in question? 

Hey, 
Sorry for the late reply.
If you would like me to apologies thats fine. However please could you explain to me what I am apologising for?
I understand the use of the word "mong" probably wasn't appropriate, however, he responded with the exact same language, but was keen to point out he was actually autistic. 
I also do not see any reason to apologise for reciting the dictionary.
I was also compared to a Nazi, where is my apology for this?
I do not have a problem apologising for the using the word "mong", however, if it were me that now recieved the apology it would feel very empty after basically being told to apologise. 

However please could you explain to me what I am apologising for?
If you haven't figured this out yet, you've entered to appeal section too early. 

I also do not see any reason to apologise for reciting the dictionary.
Whatever you think about other peoples pronounce is entirely up to you - but you will be respectful to others.
You know what you did - you didn't just randomly decide to recite the dictionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back