What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Stic - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stic

Unban Appeal for Stic 

In-game Name: Marty Jobs (Mario)

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198348581951

Ban ID: !!rpuk11910!!

Reason given for your ban: G3.1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I am writing this unban appeal to find out the reason I have been banned. I have been told to be truthful and honest within the appeal which I intend to do. To my knowledge I have stirred far away from breaking rules within the server, So would like to find out why I have been banned.

Why should we unban you ?: N/A

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Can you please quote the rule you were banned for? This might help to jog your memory.

Being honest is the only way you will ever be unbanned so I want you to really think about what you might have done to break that rule.

You might try to play innocent but you should know, we know a lot more than you think.

Hey Lunar,

First I would like to start by saying thank you for taking the time to read my appeal. The rule I am being accused of breaking is
(G3.1) OOC Information - Using out of character information to influence the course of roleplay is considered metagaming and punishable
by a ban. This includes but is not limited to: Twitch Streams, forum information and Steam messages.
Your statement "You might try to play innocent but you should know, we know a lot more than you think." is quite disheartening as I am currently
having to appeal a ban when I do not know the reason I am banned, making this quite hard.

I can only assume it is for a similar reason of the other 229 members that have been banned, "Hop-On Squad". Now the extent that I take this is when
using OOC information to decide if to log on or not. Now, I can say before logging on I will, like any other game ask if fellow friends are online. This is because I play the
game to have fun. I do recognize the server is also has to be fun for others which I do try my best at providing high quality RP. However, currently I find it very hard
to have fun on the server if none of my friends are online. While I could Log on and take the 10 minutes to check if anyone is online, like another game I play, its a lot easier
to just ask before logging on.

Otherwise, the gang as a whole uses announcements and notice boards to make sure everyone is aware when certain events will take place, discussed both in and out of character.
This maybe something like "We shall push after 8pm storm". Other than this, I do not use other information to log on, I.E. logging on when I know there is a gun fight going on.
I personally don't feel I have never logged on Mid Gunfight, I may of logged on mid-situation (In a situation that lasted over 1 hour) but this is down purely to timing and coincidence.
Never did I intestinally "Hop-On Squad" because of the situation or the gunfight.

Overall, It is very hard to appeal a ban when I do not know what I am banned for. You say that I can "Play innocent" Which suggests that you know I have done something wrong
but yet cant tell me. Otherwise this is the only reasoning I can give and can think of.

Thanks

Run me through what happened 26/02/2023 at 02:56

Hey Liam,

While I cant remember exact time frames, I have a rough recollection of what happened during this time. I am assuming this time 02:56 is the time I logged on. Once I got on the server I believed I typed in groupchat and spoke on radio and got no response. I then called KC being the leader of 229 and asked where is everyone or if anything is happening, which he explained he had just killed a hustler that had a downed 229 member, the 229 member then said that there are 4-5 hustlers awake and alive. So being in the middle of a war we went out searching for them. After searching with no luck we assumed they had gone to asleep or were in hiding and I decided to log back off and hour or so later.

Now I believe the real reason this question was asked is to find out why I had logged on. A few hours earlier CFX had gone down and I could not get on the server so I left to go play another game. Around 2:30 I was considering logging on the server, I then saw that multiple 229 were also on the server so I decided to go on myself. I do admit logging on the server because I know other 229 members are also on is not the best idea and can minimize many outcomes and forms of roleplay, however due to the server population being lower at the early mornings it is hard to find things to do with people as there is a 3rd of the pop online.

I did not log on the server because I knew 229 and hustlers where fighting, in fact to my knowledge the main fighting and shooting had been done 30-40 minutes before I even logged on the server. Once I had logged on I did not shoot a single hustler, I went searching for them in the server, after being told about what had just happened by the rescued 229 member, but could not find any. So proceeded to log of an hour or so alter.

Thanks!

You've mentioned yous we're searching for an hour or so, However after you logged on with multiple other members there we're still fights happening with Hustlers on and off over that hour. Do you expect us to believe you this version of what you are trying to claim?

You say that you logged in because you knew other 229 we're on the server, How did you know this? Since you in the next paragraph say "I did not log on the server because I knew 229 and hustlers where fighting", However there we're messages asking others to log on due to a fight happening. 

Indeed when you logged in you didn't down anyone however you did assist other 229 members during this time, Do you believe this would be acceptable knowing you had the ooc knowledge then logged into the server based off this? 

HI Stuart,
Thanks for the reply.
I would like to start of by replying to your first paragraph. To my knowledge I was the only 229 member to log on within a good 25-30 minutes timeframe, and at the point that I did log on the situation between the 229 members and hustlers fighting had finished. I do hope you believe in the "version I am trying to claim" as this is the truth. I did not log on the server because I knew specifically that 229 and Hustlers were fighting. However, I did know that there were 229 members online at the time, and as a member of the group, I wanted to join in and interact with them.

I knew 229 were on the server as, I had been playing COD and once finished with this I saw a message 30-40 minutes old saying about a fight between hustlers and 229. I then knew 229 members were on the server. I want to stress I did not log on because I knew they were fighting, merely because I knew 229 were on and had finished playing COD.

As for whether my actions were acceptable, I understand the worries about using OOC knowledge to gain a upper hand within the server, of which I did have. While I did not join the server with the sole purpose of assisting other 229 members, and only assisted once my "gang leader" had asked me to. I do understand that my actions may have unintentionally influenced the outcome of the fight or other RP scenarios.

Overall, It may have not been the smartest choice to log on and participate in any activities related/linked to the fight that had just happened. Given the knowledge of the OOC information, my actions and RP may have been persuaded through out the course of my time on the server that day. This is because it put 229 with an advantage over the hustlers, even if I did not directly involve my self in the shoot out.

I accept the fact that I had OOC knowledge that lead to me log on the server and if unbanned will make sure to be more mindful about the impacts of OOC information within the game.

Thanks.

In our eyes, we have pretty damning evidence that metagaming did go on one way or another. How can we trust in future that we won’t see such a large group of people ‘hop on squad’ to fight another gang which is not only unfair but it is abuse of our rules.

You’ve stated that you were playing CoD at the time of the ‘message’ being put in but do you have proof of this? Or can you prove it?

Whilst I can not speak on everyone's behalf, I can assure you from my side that the lesson has been learned. Whilst my intentions were not to "hop on squad", it has been made clear to me that I have unintentionally assisted 229 members that may have changed outcomes of fights and RP, creating an unfair result for the opposition, and going against server rules. On the CoD matter I have not been able to find any evidence that I was playing at 26/02 2am(ish) so cannot provide anything more on that matter other than my word. 

Overall while I feel my intentions were never intended to be poor or to give an unfair advantage, I understand how my actions may of altered the course of RP, and how I need to be more careful before carrying out such activities.

Thanks.

What steps would you do going forward to not get caught up in unintentional and or intentional metagaming?

And how can we trust you’ll be truthful

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly I would refrain my self from checking or asking in discord to see if people are online/about, I would also ensure before I log on the server I refrain from checking discord servers todo with RPUK, to ensure my roleplay and other roleplay are not unintentionally influenced by OOC information which I may of obtained. If I want to log on the server it will be my choice with no other factors. This will ensure the metagaming side.

On the truthful side, I have done nothing to betray trust, I have always tried my best to be honest which I think is reflected in the unban appeal.

Thanks

Good stuff. I’m willing to put our trust in your again. You’ve had a fairly clean record and I hope you don’t end up here again.

Unbanned

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back