What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Stic - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stic

Unban Appeal for Stic 

In-game Name: Marty Jobs (Mario)

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198348581951

Ban ID: Unknown

Reason given for your ban: Unknown

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: My exact message was "Yooo Alice did you celebrate Christmas or is it too fairy tale book for ya".

Why should we unban you ?: Unclear as to why I have been banned, I have not expressed a controversial opinion, I have quite clearly just asked if they (Thank you bowen!) celebrated Christmas, as she quoted the Quran as being a fairy tale book and wondered if she had the same view on Christmas being a religious holiday.

Thank you, Bowen, for commenting on my last appeal, and for clarifying the correct pronoun I can use, as I cannot check there discord bio pronouns! Can I please ask where I was warned about further bringing up in this "debate" as I have no recollection of it. You have also said "any further bringing up of this debate/argument/whatever you want to call this, would result in a ban", something im guessing you stated in the warning to "everyone". I fail to see how asking if Alice celebrated Christmas, off the knowledge "they" think the Quran is a fairy tale book, is either an "argument" or "debate" and unsure if it fits into "Whatever you want to call this". It seems there are some grey areas in this warning to "everyone". Lastly, you state "Try again when you are actually ready to show some understanding", if anything I feel my question asked shows nothing but wanting to understand, asking if "they" follow the religious holiday, being Christmas, after demeaning religion as a whole.

Cheers.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
If anything I feel my question asked shows nothing but wanting to understand, asking if "they" follow the religious holiday, being Christmas
What a load of crap. Don't piss on my boots and tell me it's raining...

You know exactly what you were doing, especially given the fact that you immediately deleted the comment.

You know as well as I do, despite Christmas being a religious holiday, most people celebrate Christmas. I do, I'm not religious. The comment was meant for nothing other than to flame back up the pointless and stupid toxicity from weeks ago. 

I have no recollection of it
Given that you knew enough to bring the issue back up, I find it very hard to believe that you weren't aware but for the sake of argument, now you know.

Now, shall we be honest or are you going to keep coming up with high and mighty reasons as to why you posted such a silly message?

Edit: have just been informed that you did not delete it, a staff member did. Ignore that.bit, but the rest still stands

Last edited by a moderator:
Good evening Bowen, thank you for the swift replies.

Indeed I do know that Christmas is a religious holiday and many people who aren't religious do still celebrate it. One is myself.
My question to Alice was not to "flame back up the pointless and stupid toxicity from weeks ago" but a question directed at "them" to show them how stupid their comment was on said "Fairy tale book", and play devil's advocate as if "they" celebrated Christmas, to me would be quite amusing.

I found out about Alice's Fairy tale comment 10-15 minutes before I posted my comment in RPUK, I did not know it was from weeks ago nor there was a warning.

For me on the whole, I find it quite shocking how lightly this "Fairy tale book" comment was taken, but is not for me to judge, as I don't know the whole story. I also find it quite silly that 2 people can't have a debate or argument, and any comment made is immediately seen as wrong, Transphobic, or Racist ETC, My message was merely a "comeback" to Alice's point on religion being a "Fairy Tale". I have had many "debates" with people from many different religions, as I do not practice any religion, and have my own viewpoints on why it was created and the reasonings for people to practice it. Something I will now not go into for fear of being banned again......

Cheers.

Firstly, let's drop the "they" sarcasm. I get it, you have some sort of issue with using gender neutral pronouns.

but a question directed at "them" to show them how stupid their comment was on said "Fairy tale book"
Thanks but we have staff to deal with rule breaks, as we did when they caught a ban for that exact comment.

As for this a being considered by yourself to be a debate, I cannot express how irrelevant that is. What part of roleplay.co.uk says "come here to discuss the hot philosophical issues of today!" It's a frickin gaming community bud, I shouldn't have to be wasting my time dealing with this crap in the first place. We built this community to have fun with a game we are share a passion for. There are much better and more suited places for these discussions and debates. 

I don't care about your (or anyone's) opinions on gender, politics, religion or anything else other than gaming really. Do you at least understand this point?

Hello Bowen, 
Once again thank you for the swift replies.

I apologies for the use of the Air quotations when I used the word They as a pronoun. This was strictly so I could avoid confusion (Partly for my self) when using They to talk about Alice and They to talk about a group of people. You are right I do have an issue with gender-neutral pronouns, but that is not to say I'm not open to learning about it more and taking an open-minded approach to it, neither do I have an issue with the people who use it.

As I said I do not know the whole story, only one side of the coin, and yes I do know how much you love dealing with rule breaks.

I find it very hard to believe you have never had a debate with the members of RPUK, granted the topic of mine was a more "high tension" one, however, you're telling me you have never had a debate about your football team or anything else of that matter. I find myself to be considered friends with many people from the RPUK community, and have had debates on the state of Wars, Football, and random shit in the news ETC, granted this is a gaming community and the majority of topics will be to do with the server and so on, however, to say no debates are allowed what so ever, I feel is a bit harsh. As I said the topic of religion can be a high-pressure one, but to say debates are an irrelevant part of this community I feel is very false.

I do understand that being a staff member it is a fair amount more difficult to express views on; gender, politics, religion, or anything else other than gaming. There is a spotlight upon you all, however, to say you don't care about anyone's opinion on any matter apart from gaming within the community is quite harsh, but that is your choice.

Cheers

but that is not to say I'm not open to learning about it more and taking an open-minded approach to it, neither do I have an issue with the people who use it.
Well that's a good start.

and yes I do know how much you love dealing with rule breaks
I don't as a rule, no, I don't. Especially things like this. However, banning someone for being a racist etc, yes I do enjoy getting rid of those. 

I find it very hard to believe you have never had a debate with the members of RPUK, granted the topic of mine was a more "high tension" one, however, you're telling me you have never had a debate about your football team or anything else of that matter.
I believe you misunderstand me. Of course, polite discourse and debate is fine. That's the kind of thing that friends do. However, arguing/discussing gender politics, race, religion, etc just isn't acceptable here. it's just simply not the place for it. This is a place for friends, how and why certain members or groups end up against each other baffles me. We are all here for the same reason, to play a game TOGETHER, why should there be any animosity?

I hate having to be the person standing between waring groups, it's so unnecessary. We all have stuff in common, why are we all focusing on things making us different? 

however, to say you don't care about anyone's opinion on any matter apart from gaming within the community is quite harsh
Again, you somewhat misunderstand or perhaps I misrepresented. It's not that I don't care about your/anyone's opinion, just I don't care to hear about it via the medium of a gaming community. I hope that represents my intent better. 

People come here to have fun and forget their problems in real life. This is an escape for some people who have to deal with the issues regarding gender politics, or religious intolerance, or racism on a daily basis. 

Personally I keep my personal life and opinions to myself. I have opinions on a lot of the topics brought up, but I honestly cannot think of a reason why I would care to share them here. I'm here for gaming, RP, and to chill, not to get into it with random people. That's what Reddit, or Facebook (/insert the relevant social media people use today, yes im old...), or twitter etc, is for. Personally I don't share my opinions there either but that's just me.

Do you see my point here? Can you understand why we come down hard on this stuff. We just want to play games, not deal with this crap.

Thank you once again for the swift replies.

It does indeed look like I have misinterpreted what you meant. Personally, I very much enjoy discussing race, religion, and gender. And in all honesty was unaware it is something that is not accepted. That being said my main purpose here is to roleplay, discuss topics to do with the server, and of course have fun.

I have never been one to keep my opinions to myself, and has definitely got me in some situations......that being said I understand this is a gaming community, and not everyone wants to discuss politics.

Cheers.

My job here isn't to change you or your opinions. All I ask is that you don't do it here or let it affect our community members. As it stands, a fair few of our members have been affected by this, which is a damn shame.

Surely from the very beginning you would have know that this would piss someone off? Surely? I honestly cannot comprehend a reason to post what you did other than to get a reaction from someone? 

The reason for the message was;

I had been talking to Omizz and he told me about the fairytale book comment, my initial thought was that it would be pretty funny if she celebrated Christmas, being a holiday directly linked to a "fairytale book", and in all honestly, once I typed the message I hadn't been back on discord since today, hence the unban appeal.

To be completely honest, I do not know what the question aimed to achieve, more just a question based on my initial thought.

Cheers

Well, I appreciate your honesty at least. 

Hopefully you now at least have an appreciation that your words can have impact on others. You haven't made the worst comments that I've seen, you are just the first one I've seen since this all calmed down. 

I am under no delusion that this has made a blind bit of difference to how those that want to cause disruption feel. All I can hope is that they don't do it here. If I had the ability to actually make people see the world from other people's perspective, then I sure as shit would! But alas.

If nothing else, at least you have learned that we take this stuff seriously and will act swiftly to remove those that wish to cause hassle to others. 

I genuinely hope that you come back and just use this place to have fun and play video games like we intended. Any further toxic behaviour will result in immediate removal from the community.

Unbanned.

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back