What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Stic - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stic

Unban Appeal for Stic 

In-game Name: Marty Jobs (Mario)

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198348581951

Ban ID: !!rpuk15806!!

Reason given for your ban: G1.2

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned due to an incident with myself and cutlass, Where I did not demonstrate a high-quality RP experience for both parties involved.

Why should we unban you ?: As explained in the report for which I was banned, I have been banned a few times over the last months for many reasons, some of which have been ironed out, some with no excuses. However, I hope throughout which I have not been banned I have demonstrated the high-quality RP stories I can deliver. I understand there have been a few incidents where I have not shown this, the shooting with Cutlass being one of them. As explained by the staff, I now understand it was RDM, as I had focused more of my attention on the random fact, which led me to seclude the area of the fact when shooting anyone there needs to be high-quality RP. I believe this was left out of my thought process, due to the ongoing war between Ballas and Grove, where due to a long-standing conflict in RP, shooting is more of a common factor. I believe this may have been reflected in the poor choice of actions when shooting Cutlass after little RP had taken place in that situation.

In all honestly, when the report was first brought to light, I did not feel it was RDM, however after being explained to by staff in the report, I do now understand that for parties involved it was not a high quality nor enjoyable experience.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Good evening @Stic, I hope all is well! 🙂

Since it's taken you a little while to understand this scenario as stated by yourself, please could you type for me in your own words how you understand this falls under RDM now and where you went wrong? 

Good evening Danoo, 

All is indeed well. I hope a similar thing can be said for you!

In my opinion, the rule in question (RDM), was broken due to the Standard of RP and not the "random" part. At the same time, there were many previous situations that made this attack, a prompted and built-up attack. However, the situation itself did not contain a high level of RP, which is expected within the community and of myself. 

The part which I feel, lacked heavily in this situation was communication. A high standard of RP consists of a high standard of communication, something I did not allow the cutlass member to achieve. This is due to poor decision-making on my behalf, something that was clouded due to ongoing wars and situations.

Overall, I had presumed a reason and potential outcome for the situation, instead of communicating and RPing with Cutlass. Something affected by previous interactions. However, I should have allowed the "story" to play out further instead of forcing myself to make a decision, and rather things unfold.

Good evening @Stic, thanks for the response! The detail is much appreciated 🙂

Why had you made such a poor decision during this scenario? Were you perhaps looking for a quick win or was there another reason I may not be aware of? 

Good evening Danoo,

The poor decision-making was made due to the long-standing RP with Ballas. This war has been going on for a long time and has taken up a large proportion of the time I spend on the server. While I understand this is not an excuse, I feel it was a factor that clouded my judgment throughout this situation. 
To answer your question, I was not looking for a quick win. "Quick wins" are something I hate and have demonstrated so to many people. I understand the situation with Cutlass, probably doesn't look like this, however, at the time I didn't see or try to explore other options, something I feel was influenced by the length of the Ballas and Grove war.

Overall, I did think via me shooting Cutlass, it would result in further RP with myself and Cutlass. However by doing so I completely disregarded the RP in the present moment and allowed that to go no further.

Thanks,
Mario

Last edited by a moderator:
Good afternoon @Stic! 🙂

Here is your existing ban record:

17/01/2023 - Permanent ban for C2.3
26/02/2023 - Permanent ban for G3.1
25/11/2023 - 1 Day ban for G1.2
15/12/2023 - 2 Day ban for G2.4
20/12/2023 - 7 Day ban for G1.2
25/01/2024 - Permanent ban for G1.2

After November it seems to be that you've had a huge downward spiral with your roleplay as there's bans being handed out more frequently - There's also 3 repeat offenses of G1.2!
Surely G1.2 is a rule you'd be familiar with by now, even after several chances you're still going ahead and breaking it...

What has happened? Why such a downward spiral? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Good afternoon Danoo,

I do agree after November, it does seem I have taken somewhat of a downward spiral. When receiving my 7-day ban, I did have a chat with Stuart about my roleplay, and why I have been receiving so many bans in such a short space of time. I believe it was due to the time I found myself playing the server. Playing at around 3 am, the quality of RP I would receive was very poor and would end up reflecting in my own RP, especially at late times of the night.

The repeat offenses of G1.2 were also due to the "late-night antics", at least the first two. After going around for hours on end trying to create some RP, I had many people NVL or refuse to RP while I tried to make a RP scenario with them, resulting in me automatically assuming the next person and the person after this would NVL or Refuse to RP (Resulting in me shooting people quicker and with less Roleplay), something which I discussed with Stuart and Archie and changing this mindset, to result in a better experience for myself and other people.

I do feel the G1.2 which I am permanently banned for is a very different G1.2 to the other 2 times I was banned, while I agree they are the same rule, the context under which I was banned is very different. I do believe that my mindset of where I had come to assume "poor roleplay" from the majority of the server, and was surprised when I received Good RP, has changed and has allowed me to explore new avenues of roleplay and create a better roleplay experience for myself and other people. The G1.2 that I am banned today was due to my poor decision-making and clouded judgment, not my "expectant" of NVL. 

Thanks,
Mario

Good evening @Stic!

I did have a chat with Stuart about my roleplay, and why I have been receiving so many bans in such a short space of time. I believe it was due to the time I found myself playing the server. Playing at around 3 am, the quality of RP I would receive was very poor and would end up reflecting in my own RP, especially at late times of the night.
After having this chat with Stuart you've still received another ban... Will this decrease in roleplay standards stop and if so, when? 
I need a good reason to unban you because as far as I'm concerned currently, you need some time away from the server as if I were to let you back in now you're just going to continue breaking rules. 

Good evening Danoo,

I think I misrepresented what I meant to put across in my last reply. The chat I had with Stuart was around my mindset on the server at the time of playing, something I feel I have drastically changed and has benefited mine and others' roleplay. I do believe my mindset was the reason for the first 2 G1.2 bans.
The Ban I am currently facing I believe is under a completely different context, and is not a factor of my mindset on the server, but more my poor decision-making at the time, something I feel was influenced by the extremely long-standing war between Grove and Ballas. While I understand this is not an excuse it is an insight into why my decision was so poor.

In all honestly, I do feel my roleplay standards from after the first 2 G1.2 Bans have actually increased which can be shown through the multiple storylines I have developed within the past months. The current ban for me was merely a poor choice made by not giving myself enough time to think a situation through. 

You have stated you feel that if I were to come back now without a "break" I would be likely to continue to break more rules. I understand looking at my recent ban history it can reflect that this would be an outcome. However,  I would also ask you to view my previous bans, and not the 3 bans that occurred due to my "mindset", something I was able to change after talking to Archie and Stuart. I do feel for the time I have been on the server, I have had a fairly clean record and have shown and proved the quality of RP I can bring to the community, and when am found to be appealing a ban, is something of a slip up from the quality of roleplay I had been outputting. While there is no possible way for me to prove to you that if invited back I would refrain from breaking more rules. However, I can assure you that it is never my plan to break a server rule, and would much rather spend my time creating RP scenarios and storylines.

Thanks,
Mario

Good evening @Stic,

Your responses and effort behind this appeal have indeed filled my with some confidence that you'll be able to continue upping your roleplay standards and get yourself away from the FBS system. As you may imagine, we will not keep entertaining ban after ban so I do hope not to see you on this section of the forums again any time soon.
I'm willing to give you another chance on the server and I hope I don't have it thrown back in my face.

As per the FBS, any ban you receive within the next 6 months will be a permanent - due to the recent ban history (All being within a small timeframe) you will also have a 2 month cooldown attached before you may appeal from the day of your ban.

UNBANNED

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back