What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - timmy chaps - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmy chaps

Unban Appeal for timmy chaps 

In-game Name: Timmy chaps

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561199525857631

Ban ID: C2.3

Reason given for your ban: Combat logging

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned due to combat logging which I didn’t know to the extent how serious it is in games like this, I did have Wi-Fi issues all day while playing and should of realised to jump off as it could effect other people. I was dead in a boot with people driving me off to the water, I had adiuo issues while interacting with them. I tabbed out to play some music to see if it was game audio I tabbed back on to make sure nothing had changed rp whise my screen blacked outand I come back to the game with some audio but very bad quality so i assumed I could log off for a sec to see if it would fix it as I was dead ans in a boot with a black screen and didn’t think I could leave the boot anyway as I was dead and locked in and knew that I prob was gonna have to respawn anyway. I logged off for a sec and it Didn’t fix it so I did try again stupidly but my game just kept fucking up and black screening with no audio. I was waiting out the timer because I wasn’t going to try anymore and didn’t want to effect rp experience and storm hit so had to wait till later to play and still had issues later on playing was falling throigh world when dead/knocked out, still having audio issues when talking to friends so I left it till next day to play. Tbh I really didn’t know what combat loggings was as I’ve never done it on other games so I never even knew how serious it was when reading the rules through before joining. But I would never do it intentionally to ruin anyone rp experience or to stop myself from being in situations. it caused me to not be found by paramedics and wait out the time to respawn then storm hit. I thought I was effecting there rp experience but realise to wait it out on future
Like I said in the other appeal my apologies for ruining someone’s experience to the extent of requesting this ban. Now I know for future reference to wait it out till I respawn to try fix my issues if they happen again in future and not to log out during this, but I do have better Wi-Fi now so hopefully this shoukd stops me from lagging on rp because as I said before I haven’t played any rp since this one as this one of the best rp severs I have seen.

Why should we unban you ?: I’ve said before and I do apologise for having to go through so many appeals I should of been completely honest through the process, I wasn’t on this server for too long but was having fun and rp to my best extent, Sorry for having to read through my appeal again and I have learnt from my mistakes and hope that yous can understand why I did log out but I can say it was never intended in the way other people may use it.
Thank you to whoever reads this

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Good morning @timmy chaps, I hope all is well! 🙂

Why did you tell us in previous appeals that you had disconnected due to WiFi issues, when you had actually disconnected purposely from the game? 

Thanks for the response, Tbh I wasn’t taking things to seriously because I thought combat logging was only for people trying to abuse it for there own good, first appeal I didn’t read things properly and thoight it was due to meta gaming, then once realised it was combat logging I did think my Wi-Fi was the cause for it but then realised I did log out a couple times to try fix the situation, I was just so pissed off with my Wi-Fi from moving I just forgot I logged out because I was bugging so much and just frustrated to play the game and to just respawn ans get back to it. It’s my own fault for getting frustrated and not putting everything down in the appeals that I should of, I own up to the fact of not putting that I did log off a few times to fix things. In the mix of everything there was no rp action going on for me because I had no audio anyway and was dead so I was cheeky and thought logging out could help. Which now I realise is seen as combat logging and for future reference would never do again.

Nothing I say can really justify not being honest on the other appeal, I can’t even remember the altercation I had to mucb but Ik that I was pissed at how my game was moving and now wished that I didn’t be stupid and log out, like I said before I had no real knowledge of how combat logging was abused, apart from reading the rules it shed some light onto what I need to not do. But I didn’t realise that being in the boot and trying to log out to fix issues that I would start bugging out for people I genuinely thought I would just stay in the boot.

But again my apologies for not being honest I was just rushing because I had just started to get a groove into this server and meet so many people, an I have just properly got myself settled in new place. I think I was just too frustrated to believe I had just been banned for combat logging when I was just trying to fix my issue in game. I apologise for yous having to read my things over an over, but honestly it was a true mistake for not putting on my other appeal, ans it was never done maliciously to leave the game for my characters benefit

i hope yous can understand why it’s all led to this outcome, and deeply appreciate yous taking your time to try help me out thank you 

Good evening @timmy chaps, thanks for the response! 🙂

So we now both agree on the fact you've purposely disconnect whilst downed... After you had gone down you decided to disconnect and reconnect to the service twice on purpose.
Why had you decided to go ahead and do this? Perhaps frustrated at the scenario? 

You could say I was frustrated yes, I can’t remember to much from that day now but Ik that day I was killed ber times but I can’t remember if it was before or after this scenario.
Like I said I just thought because this scenario was having no rp action at that second in time I thought I could fix my issues because they was pissing me off. So yeah I guess you could say it was frustration, but also me trying to fix something. I didn’t mean for this to been seen as abusing something, I just genuinely didn’t think It would show/effect the people rping because I was dead in the boot. My apologies to anyone effected.

But yes the answer to your question is at the time yes I was probably frustrated but didn’t mean to abuse this rule in any way whatsoever, I genuinely didn’t know people abuse this so much, but I never intended to use it for my advantage, I just wanted to continue playing the game 

thanks for your time 

Okay @timmy chaps

We have heard it all before, wifi issues, game issues, sound issues. Chances are you were waiting to reset the timer so your pal could come save you. However, i am going to be giving you another chance to show us that you can roleplay and stick within the rules. 

You will be unbanned as of now.

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back