What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - TriCksTaR - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriCksTaR

Unban Appeal for TriCksTaR 

In-game Name: Jay Thorne

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198042281958

Ban ID: !!rpuk5697!!

Reason given for your ban: C2.1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned because under advice of a friend to speak to the admins who realized I was using modification software from a picture I sent him. So I did that and spoke with admins and told them I had been using this modification software

Why should we unban you ?: Well first I'd like to take this opportunity to say how sorry I am to the community, the staff and the developers. Secondly, I would like to give my reason/ thought process to how I came to using the modification, I do want to stress though that this isn't an excuse for my action. What I did was wrong it was a decision I made, and I'm fully aware that the chances of this appeal being accepted are 0. However, I am hoping this will at least give me the opportunity to be forgiven in some way and put my on the right steps toward maybe getting unbanned in the future.

So I joined Roleplay.co.uk around 6-8 months before my ban, I had played role-play games before DnD Etc and I knew of the GTA RP scene for a while. I just didn't realize how addictive and intoxicating it was, the first GTA RP server I joined was this server and was immediately hook, I found myself sleeping eating, going to work and then in my free time playing GTA RP for around 8 hours a day in a way it was more important than real life,

over the course of the next few months I had made friends with a lot of people and had some amazing RP experiences, I had joined the police force on one character, my other character was helping new players coming into the server getting started in selling drugs and teaching them basic mechanics, and another character that was built for giving police interesting and unique chases one of which was an extensive parkour chase across the roofs of the industrial building around east Los Santos.

Fast-forward a few months and I started getting involved in gang RP at this point I don't think I'd even killed anyone but I can't be sure on that. Anyway Gang Rp was another breed I wasn't solo any more I had a family of sorts, people whose back I had, and they had to mine no matter what, not long after the lines between reality and RP became very blurred the quality of my RP started to slip as I became more obsessed with having my gang thrive that anything that you might consider an RP loss seeing people I had grown to care for speaking about leaving the server was emotionally destructive to me and because the lines had become so blurred I can only relate it to feeling of that of a friend or myself being lured or scammed in RuneScape but dialled up to 100.

Somewhere I forgot GTA RP is just a game and at that point I should have made the conscious decision to take a break from the game, but I was too delusional to make that decision and instead thought that I could solve all the problems by having mods that would give me an advantage in RP Scenarios that came down to Gun play. My logic being if i could be the one that prevents a gang loss, I can prevent the member losing possessions and motivation. Fortunately, in the few days I had it i didn't use it and the only one major thing happened which it would have been used I was not around at that point so upon hearing the news of the situation I had activated the software before anything could happen, so it was on when/if something were to occur.

It was on this day I sent a screenshot to a friend with the modification clear as day not realising that it was on. He contacted me we spoke about it and it was at this point I was snapped back to reality realising that I’ve really fucked up and made a huge mistake, I understood that I had to speak to the admins myself and come clean to them knowing that I would be banned either way. I even volunteered whatever information was required to help the admins specifically Archie, Paint and Connorthegreatt to prevent from other players using this software and to catch players who are currently using the software. I volunteered to help them with no intention of getting unbanned I knew the software was unfair and it was unfair for me to use it against other players. i was told this may have been put down on my profile. Archie did recommend that I wait a few days then put in an appeal but it didn’t feel right that, I had broken the trust on the community and the staff.

It has been over a year since this incident occurred now and I’ve had a huge perspective change, I was relieved in a way to get banned because it forced me to take a break from GTA RP and revaluate my priorities IRL, I’ve taken steps to be in more control of my actions and believe I’ve become a better person for it. In the last couple of months I’ve been playing little bits of GTA RP rekindling my fondness for the game. But I’ve not gotten so heavily invested but when I’m playing on another servers I’m just not having as much fun as I did on this server. And I do miss playing with the people I met.

Which brings me to why I made this appeal in the first place. I understand that there is a zero tolerance to cheating with no chance of appeal, however I’m hoping that you will allow me the opportunity of a second chance to prove to myself, the staff and the community that the person who did those things last year was not the person I wanted to be and is not the person I am now.

In regards to the banning itself I never quite truly understood the ramification of it until it happened, when I made the decision to download and use the software I knew if I was caught I would get banned and it was something I had accepted what I failed to relies is the impact it would have on the relationships with those around me. Having to come clean to people about why I was no longer going to be around was embarrassing the reputation I had built ruined, the trust I had built ruined, the friendship I had made tarnished. Knowing I had let so many people down was way worse than not being able to play GTA RP which is the reason I can honestly say I would never do it again. The punishment of not being able to play GTA RP was nothing compared to the self-inflected punishment of knowing that I will never be seen the same way again by the community.

Again I’m truly sorry for my action, I know I can’t make up for it but If I did get another opportunity I do have a few things in mind that I would like to setup that would generate rp, something I had in mind before I was banned was setting up a parkour school as before I was banned I had spent lots of time finding some really cool routes around los Santos.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I’ll accept any decision you come too. The last thing I want is for this to set a precedent for breaking rule C2.1

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheating by any means is a big "no no" but doing what you did to gain an advantage in gunfights is just shameful. 

You won't be getting another chance anytime soon.

Denied. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back