What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Unban Appeal - uksparks - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

uksparks

Unlinked
Unban Account

Server: GTA RP
Character Name: Billy Sparks
Steam ID: 76561199096561227
Ban ID (just the numbers): 16545
Ban Reason: G2.1
Why do you think you were banned: issues with in game chat
Why should we unban you: Because I was banned for having issues with my mic/headset
Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Hello there,
Because I was banned for having issues with my mic/headset
So we should unban you because of the same reason we banned you for? That doesn't really make sense, could you clear up what do you mean?

Hi,

Sorry what I mean is that I was unaware I was unable to hear what other players were saying. which is also why I didn't know why I was banned at the time.
I have spoken to my friend since who is also in the server and he said that he could hear me but I couldn't hear him. so the issue lies with my voice chat settings.

I do think jumping straight to banning me when I have only just joined and my first time trying RP was irrational, especially as I need to be in the server to change my voice chat settings.

Kind regards,
Billy

I do think jumping straight to banning me when I have only just joined and my first time trying RP was irrational
Irrational? You were kicked from the server twice for using a name in violation of G5.1, then on your 3rd return you used the exact same name you were kicked for on the second round.

Clearly kicking you wasn't solving any issue as you had already ignored us on this issue.

Can you tell me why you set your name back to Billy Sparks after having been kicked for it?

The first name change makes sense, as I used TheKid which admittedly was silly as this is a historical figure (my bad) .

But the second time I was confused as I used sparks as this is a shortened version of my gamer handle Uksparks, also the name change prompt that was after I became Billy sparks happened just after the server reset so I assumed it was some kind of blip due to being online when the server went down.

Rather then any of this being mentioned to me, I just got banned (admittedly there was a moment when I was with therealdaanv, but due to my issue previously mentioned with not being able to hear any other players I don't know if he was talking/explaining). If I had the chance to talk to someone so I had the chance to understand what was going on this all could have been avoided.

As I mentioned this is my first time trying a RP server, so im still fairly new and trying to work things out.

I feel like I should have been treated with some slack.

Rather then any of this being mentioned to me, I just got banned (admittedly there was a moment when I was with therealdaanv, but due to my issue previously mentioned with not being able to hear any other players I don't know if he was talking/explaining)
Hm, so it's the staff member's fault that you were not able to hear them? Seems to me that you are trying to shift the blame to the staff member, were you expecting the staff member to let you carry on playing or what exactly were you expecting?

What I meant was that had I been able to understand the issues then I could have solved them there and then, through no fault of the staff as I understand they are doing there job.

Either way this has been blown completely out of proportion due to a mis understanding on my part. I now understand the issue with my name and also the issue with voice chat that I plan to sort . which are the reasons I ended up with a ban.

Is there a chance that I can be unbanned?

When you were pulled aside by the staff member did you take any action to see if there possibly is something wrong with your audio?

yeah,
I appeared in the building which I was confused about at first, then I saw a guy in a motorbike outfit and his arms were moving so I realised he must be talking, so I opened up my setting to see if I could sort them.
but while I was in the menu I was booted from the server.

So do you see anything you could have done differently, or rather better?

So using either OOC or LOOC chat would not be a decent idea if pulled by the admin and not being able to hear them?

I did try, but im new to RP servers (this was the first one I have joined).

The full run down of what happened when I was pulled by the admin;
- I was driving to my tow truck job I had just got.
- Pulled over to change the radio.
- Appeared inside a building.
- Confused I started walking around as I didn't know what was going on. was froze in T pose by the admin
- Noticed the other person and that his arms were gesturing but I couldn't hear any talking (he was also wearing a motorbike helmet so I couldn't see his mouth moving)
- Tried typing in chat asking what was happening,
- Then opened my settings to see what was wrong with my voice chat settings.
- Then I was booted

Also if you don't mind can you explain why Billy Sparks is a breach of the naming rules so I know for future.

Also if you don't mind can you explain why Billy Sparks is a breach of the naming rules so I know for future.
Have you tried googling the name?

Also, other then that, will need you to join the teamspeak server, join the "Join for Support Channel" and then a staff member will verify that your mic is actually working. Just link them the unban appeal, then they will either put a note on it or message me, we'll carry on then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back