What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - VinnyG - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinnyG

Unban Appeal for VinnyG 

In-game Name: Vincent gambino

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561199205293798

Ban ID: !!rpuk14139!!

Reason given for your ban: (G1.2) Random Death Match (RDM) - Attacking another player without engaging in any form of quality roleplay is considered RDM. (eg. Giving enough time for them to comply with your order. “Put your hands up or I will shoot” and countdowns are not considere

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned for for poor RP. me and my friend was out driving about and came across a couple people. After interacting with them we decided to rob them. During the robber a member of the police had drove past and seen what was going on, as we was in our cars we decided to drive off. The police had only chose to go after my friend so I had used my radio and told my friend to stop, get of his car and when the police officer goes to place you in handcuffs I will shoot him.

Why should we unban you ?: I would like to start off by saying thanks for the time of looking into my appeal.

Firstly I have used my time away from the server to understand why I was banned, when the staff had pulled me I was very defensive and I was just saying loads of things trying to justify my actions instead of just admitting I was in the wrong, after looking back I can understand how poor my rp was,

it was just a win mentality and that's a very bad way of going about things. I'm ashamed how long it took me to realises that RP is more than about winning and its about creating opportunities and a fun environment for everyone involved witch leads me in to my 2nd point of understanding how the officer involved in the situation must of felt, at the time I did not take into consideration he had just turned up to the scene to rp and I ended it instantly and for that im sorry to him.

I understand now that there was plenty of more ways that i could of when about things and how just killing someone can end the rp story there i could of tried to kidnap the officer and maybe torture him to the point in where we would let him go and if he tried to get us we knew who he was and where he lives type of thing. we could of also took a car chase in witch we would either get away and have to assume new cloths and cars as they would of been wanted or we took chase and got caught in witch we would of had plenty of rp on both sided going to jail cells booking and what not. There was many things i could and should of done differently and i deeply regret not doing so,

if I was unbanned I would have a better perspective on what to and what not to do. I know talk don't mean much so if giving the chance to come back I would appreciate it and prove I can do and be better

To whoever reads this have a good day

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Good evening @VinnyG, I hope all is well with you other than this! 🙂

I must say, it's a big shame to see you back here on the appeals section considering you've already been given chances prior to prove yourself!

Please could you explain this current win mentality to you admit to for me?
At the end of the day this is a roleplay server, it's not Call of Duty. A win/loss mentality is the complete opposite to what we would want to see here within this community.
We are looking for players that can embrace and enjoy any given roleplay scenario that is presented to them without getting upset at the end result.

- Do you still have this win mentality? If not, what's changed?
- Are you actually here for roleplay purposes or to shoot/win?

Hey Danoo thanks for the response I appreciate  the time. 

I'm glad to say i don't have a win mentality anymore and its ashamed i had one in the first place, my time away from the server has shown me its not a quality that you want to have on a rp server. I'm not only on the server to just shoot and win but i believe with another chance i can prove that statement and provide some good rp. 

Thanks and have a good day 

Good evening @VinnyG, thank you for the response!

I would like to know what exactly has changed with your win mentality though?
It's not something that just disappears overnight, what have you done to overcome this? Surely you'll still end up getting frustrated at the game eventually because a situation has not gone your way?

Have you been playing elsewhere to work on this for example? 

hey Danno thanks for the reply.

During my time away from rpuk i have realised that playing games is not about winning. it has been a couple months and within that timeframe I have come to understand that its more about the experience you can create.

I briefly touched some smaller servers after I had received my ban from rpuk and its a shame that it took me this long to understand that 1 its a game and its not worth getting annoyed at when losing and 2 is that even in a situation within rp when You lose you can still make it enjoyable to all involved. I now understand that You should always take into account what you may do and how it can affect other peoples rp.   

have a good day  

Good morning @VinnyG, I hope all is well! 🙂

You've already had a ban for RDM previously, this is now your second as you're very well aware.
During a chat with staff, you had a mentioned "The officer had his gun drawn so I was allowed to shoot him no matter what".
As I would hope you're now aware, this is not the case and we're looking for roleplay.

If you are placed in exactly the same situation again, what steps would you take to better the roleplay? What would you do differently to enhance the scenario?

Hi danno thanks for the reply 

Its a shame that I'm back hear as You said I have previously been issued a ban for rdm. 

I was absolutely wrong to try to justify to the staff at the time of being pulled that just because a gun was pulled it was acceptable for me to shoot. That was a poor outlook on the situation. If I was put back into the same position I would of played it in one of 2 ways.

- I could of approached the officer and aimed my firearms at him and told him to place his hands above his head. after doing so I would of taken him to a undisclosed location a proceeded to find out information on him (where dose he live who his friends are or dose he have any family) Via torture and used it against him to where he would forget our faces cars. i would of then let him go and see where the Story would of progressed from there as there plenty of long term streams of rp that could come from that.

- i would of taken chase from the police in a high speed chase without showing any threats just trying to escape for my life in witch I would either get away safely or I would be caught by the officers and arrested. with that would of came plenty of rp during the ride to the cells and also within the cells where I would get to call a solicitor as the police would try to interrogate me on various things as why we had he gun or perhaps where got the guns from.  also coming from this I would be sent to prison witch would create more rp streams for myself.

I truly understand the importance of creating a good rp story and environment for all parties involved and how something one person can do can affect many more people and that's why its always important to rp to the best of our ability.

have a good day 

Good morning @VinnyG, thank you for the response!

Those are indeed much better ways you could've acted within that scenario, and it would've avoided all of this to say the least.
Your ban record is slowly starting to build up, with this now being your 4th ban. There are players whom have been on the server far longer than you without a single thing on their record, myself included and this is my first ever roleplay server.

I am inclined to give you another chance her as per this unban appeal, but I must say you're very lucky to be returning from another permanent ban.
We will not keep giving you chance after chance here, so please read over the server rules before returning to ensure we don't end up here again.

- Any ban you receive within the next 6 months will be a permanent ban
- If you are banned within 6 months, you'll receive a 4 month cooldown before you may appeal again.

Please do not waste your chance.
UNBANNED

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back