What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - vSolarian - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

vSolarian

Unban Appeal for vSolarian 

In-game Name: Bartholowmew Osas

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198373090764

Ban ID: !!rpuk6720!!

Reason given for your ban: (C2.3) Combat logging

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: First off I want to apologise for any spelling/language mistakes as English isn't my mother tongue.

I was rightfully banned for the (C2.3) Combat logging rule.
I took advantage of a game mechanic in which I tried to avoid a specific RP scenario in this case, being arrested, having to go to the hospital, and getting thrown in jail for an undetermined amount of time.

The RP scenario went as followed:
My mates and I were trying to have some 'fun' and tried to rob a police officer (looking back I don't know what's so exciting about robbing officers but nevertheless we did so).
Our first attempt was an absolute failure and as we tried to flee the scene where we attempted the robbery we saw an interceptor come around the corner and made our getaway which was successful at first but failed after we tried to get our car repainted and were again spotted by police. After a fairly short chase, we attempted to get out of the car and shoot at the interceptor's driver because we just couldn't get away from them.
This ultimately fails as you can see in the clip provided from when I was first reported back on January 4th 2022 (9 and a half months ago) (https://www.youtube.com/watchv=xqlWUGXgyVw&ab_channel=LtColGreenhalgh)
After some very sloppy attempt to shoot down like 10 officers or so I was run over by Barry Greenhalgh (the officer reporting me) and killed.

Why should we unban you ?: I hope to get rewarded with a second chance at playing on this server as I miss being active in a friendly and nontoxic community.
In the 9+ months in which I was banned, I can confidently say my roleplay has improved a lot and I have matured as well.
I can of course easily say all of this but I also want to prove it to the members and staff of RPUK by having a positive impact on everyone I come in contact with.

To make sure an event like this wouldn't occur again, I've made the promise to myself to never go behind my PC again and game while I'm severely intoxicated to prevent stupid decisions like this to ever happen.
This is an event that could've easily been prevented if I hadn't made such a stupid mistake that night.

With all that said I do hope the staff team is willing to give me that second chance, and if the staff has questions for me I would be happy to respond to all of them.
Have a good night!
- vSolarian

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Please quote the rule that you broke and explain why we have this rule

Please quote the rule that you broke and explain why we have this rule
Hello Robbie, first off thank you for your reply!

The rule I broke is (C2.3) Combat logging.

This is a rule set in place to avoid people from leaving active scenario's and encourage you to, no matter the situation, play out your part in that specific situation or using it as an exploit for you to save your items while in a situation you aren't able to leave.

A few examples are like the situation I was in:
-Getting in a police chase and leaving as soon as you're caught. This is a very pathetic way to save yourself from a 'sticky' situation you don't want to be in.
-Logging out in front of a robber who told you to put your hands up and drop your items, this way the robber cannot get your things and you would be able to log in later on and have saved your items.

This is one of the most important rules in the server to make it so everyone can enjoy themselves while roleplaying and not be ruined by people who cannot take a loss.
I am very sorry for breaking this rule and I know how important it is for staff to act upon such an act so I am glad it happened to me, which taught me a very valuable lesson to never do so again!

Have a good night!

This is one of the most important rules in the server to make it so everyone can enjoy themselves while roleplaying and not be ruined by people who cannot take a loss.
So you knew it was an important rule? So why? 

So you knew it was an important rule? So why? 
I went in the server with the wrong mindset and influence, the idea was to just rob cops and make 'money' through robbing cops.

It all went south and with the influence of the people I was with I did something completely wrong. It was still me who made the stupid decision though, influenced or not.

So to prevent myself from doing such things again, I cut myself of from these people a while back and got into a more non toxic community/environment.
Everything has only been uphill since then , my mood, IRL stuff and I've been improving my RP and behaviour ever since then.
Overall I do believe I've improved as a whole since I was last part of this community and only want to keep improving from here on out!

Whilst you have mentioned you've cut ties from the people who you was influenced by, Lets say you get into a situation with a player you met on the server and they tell you to do something that breaks a rule. How would you manage this? What would be done in this situation ? 

Whilst you have mentioned you've cut ties from the people who you was influenced by, Lets say you get into a situation with a player you met on the server and they tell you to do something that breaks a rule. How would you manage this? What would be done in this situation ? 
Hello Stuart, hope you're doing well.

The last couple of months i've been carefull with the people I chose to hang out with, and will continue doing so moving further.
Now on to the question at hand, how I would manage the situation.
It all depends on what is being asked of me, for example if they asked me to do an exploit with them I would instantly report them to the staff members and make an exploit report.
If they asked me to go ahead and VDM some people I would instantly distance myself from the situation and person.
If they say 'Im going to go stab some random guys, join me' I would make an ingame report stating I have proof of them trying to break the RDM to prevent this event from happening.

In general I will be way more careful about who I hang around with and get as far away from people doing activities that dont belong in this community, and prevent myself from hopefully never ending up in this section of the forums ever again.

Thank you Stuart, have a good rest of the weekend!

Afternoon Solarian,

Indeed I am really good thank you for asking, Hope you are also! 

Given your understanding of the rules, Time since this ban happened and how you've conducted yourself within your appeal I'm happy to offer you another chance to return however this does come with a condition. Now during this situation you was shooting at police and in turn run over and downed. It's safe to say the items you had on your person would of been taken, More so the illegal items. So with this offer to return will come removal of all items in your inventory, Being any cash held, Weapons ect. Do you agree with this? 

Afternoon Solarian,

Indeed I am really good thank you for asking, Hope you are also! 

Given your understanding of the rules, Time since this ban happened and how you've conducted yourself within your appeal I'm happy to offer you another chance to return however this does come with a condition. Now during this situation you was shooting at police and in turn run over and downed. It's safe to say the items you had on your person would of been taken, More so the illegal items. So with this offer to return will come removal of all items in your inventory, Being any cash held, Weapons ect. Do you agree with this? 
Hello Stuart, I would firstly like to thank you for giving me the second chance.
I 100% agree with the requirements, logically i shouldve lost them ages ago...
Have a great day!

No problem, 

Don't let me down with this opportunity being provided to yourself. The items within your inventory have now been removed and in turn I've gone ahead and issued an unban for you. I would suggest if you haven't already to re-read the GTA and Community rules prior to rejoining as some have changed during the time of your ban so it's good to familiar yourself with these changes.

Secondly, When you rejoin on your Bartholomew character you will still be downed this means you will need to finish off this roleplay. This is up to yourself should you alert the NHS, Being taken to hospital or respawning, That decision I will leave with yourself however this will need to be finished more to make you aware of this. Indeed will go without saying I do hope you don't return to this section of the forums moving forth, However I do hope you have a wonderful weekend! 

Unbanned!

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back