What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - waizmilk - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

waizmilk

Unban Appeal for waizmilk 

In-game Name: Bill Western

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198112704832

Ban ID: !!rpuk13347!!

Reason given for your ban: (G3.1) OOC Information - Using out of character information to influence the course of roleplay is considered metagaming and punishable by a ban. This includes but is not limited to: Twitch Streams, forum information and Steam messages.

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: Additional bans - (G3.5) Character Separation - Using information you have gained through the play of other characters to influence the course of roleplay, either directly or passing this information to a 3rd party to tell your character. Example: Character A is a cop that knows a raid is about to happen on a gang, Character B (same player) is a member of a rival gang. Character B does not know about the raid, Character A is unable to tell someone else to tell Character B about the raid. Character A may not use Character B's vehicles or assets.
(G9.5) You must not abuse your role as a medic or firefighter to assist your friends in any way.

I fully acknowledge that I have been banned today for metagaming, character separation and abusing the roles of the NHS. This is a vast amount to receive in one period however I do believe this is my first offence. However, I am aware that metagaming automatically comes with a permanent ban amongst the other ban reasons. I understand the importance of maintaining a fair and enjoyable roleplay environment for all players and I am committed to upholding these principles going forward after this appeal.
For metagaming I was banned by using external programmes to help an individual. This gives individuals an unfair advantage over others as it may cause them to not value their life as much or because it may hinder their roleplay overall.
For character separation I was banned as I knew the person I was treating as NHS in a separate character. This can look as favouristm to others and can cause a disruption in roleplay as it would expel elements of surprises for example "Character A is a cop that knows a raid is about to happen on a gang, Character B (same player) is a member of a rival gang. Character B does not know about the raid, Character A is unable to tell someone else to tell Character B about the raid. Character A may not use Character B's vehicles or assets."
For G9.5 I abused my NHS role by giving my friend 25 armour from the NHS fund after reviving them. This alone with everything else is unacceptable as abusing roles may cause people to not respect the NHS as they should be respected and can similarly to G3.5 can cause alteration in roleplay for those involved. I fully understand why I have been banned and have accepted the consequences for my actions solely. After discussing the situation that unfolded it was clear to see that I had deliberately broken server rules without thinking about the consequences and a permanent ban was more than justifiable.

Why should we unban you ?: I am aware that the rules that I have broken today including but not limited to meta gaming is a clear violation of the server rules that RPUK clearly sets out. I understand the negative impact this can have on the overall roleplay experience both for individuals and groups as well as fairness to players. It was a lapse in judgement on my part and I take full responsibility for my actions and the punishment that comes with it.
I am certain that I will not place myself in a situation like this again in the future and will fully adhere to the rules of the server. I have been in the server for approximately 6/7 months now and how found it very enjoyable for my first GTA V RP server and I would not look to go anywhere else anytime soon. During this time I have made some good friends and have built positive relationships with many individuals and groups. I humbly apologise for jeopardizing these connections that I have built through my actions.
I would be incredibly grateful for the opportunity to re-join the server and continue to contribute positively to the community. I would hope to be unbanned as I think I have a lot more to offer the community in and out of the city and would cherish my character even greater should that happen. I understand that in the case of the armour this can cause a disruption to the economy of the server as I would be giving it to someone for free for them to go forward to sell for X amount. If many people were to do this then the economy would be crippled and may never recover so I understand why the rule is there and understand the punishment for the actions. This server holds great value to me as I have had great roleplay experiences from it. It is an immersive and engaging roleplay community which should be cherished by all and being banned today I fully see that.
This server allows me to finish my day to day military life out of the server to come on and be someone else and roleplay with people from around the globe and for that I deeply appreciate the community and the staff supporting.

If you would like to what the military get up to you can see a flyby of one of our Army Wildcat Helicopters in a flyby. Alternatively I can supply one of our helicopters firing at .50 cal at night through NVGs

All seriousness aside. I sincerely apologize for my actions and any inconvenience or disruption caused and hope to have the opportunity to make amends. Bill
Thank you for considering my appeal.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Hello there @waizmilk

Not only have you broken multiple, quite severe, rules like metagaming, abuse of whitelisting and character separation, you also decided to be evasive and lie to staff when eventually caught. This leads me to believe that the only thing you are sorry about, is the fact that you have been caught. 

We have many players here who have done something stupid at some point during their time here and we fully understand that mistakes are made and people deserve second chances. But when you are caught and staff then has to pull the truth out of you until there is no possible way for you to wiggle out of it anymore, we lose all trust and anything you said in this appeal becomes void. 

For this reason you can go on a break and think about your actions, because we will not be entertaining another appeal for the next 6 months. Try again after 16/01/2024.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back