What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - waizmilk - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

waizmilk

Unban Appeal for waizmilk 

In-game Name: Bill Western

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198112704832

Ban ID: !!rpuk13347!!

Reason given for your ban: (G3.1) OOC Information - Using out of character information to influence the course of roleplay is considered metagaming and punishable by a ban. This includes but is not limited to: Twitch Streams, forum information and Steam messages.

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: Additional bans - (1) (G3.5) Character Separation - Using information you have gained through the play of other characters to influence the course of roleplay, either directly or passing this information to a 3rd party to tell your character. Example: Character A is a cop that knows a raid is about to happen on a gang, Character B (same player) is a member of a rival gang. Character B does not know about the raid, Character A is unable to tell someone else to tell Character B about the raid. Character A may not use Character B's vehicles or assets.

(2) (G9.5) You must not abuse your role as a medic or firefighter to assist your friends in any way.

I understand completely that I had been rightfully banned for metagaming, character separation and misusing the roles and whitelisting privileges of the NHS. Although this is a significant amount to receive in one period, I do believe this was my first offence. However, I am aware that metagaming automatically carries a permanent ban amongst the other ban reasons. I understand the importance of maintaining a fair and enjoyable roleplay environment for all players and I promise to uphold these principles going forward following this appeal.

For metagaming I was banned due to the use of third-party applications to help a downed individual as NHS. This gives individuals an unfair advantage over others as it may cause them to believe that their life is not as valuable or because it may hinder their overall roleplay.

For character separation I was banned as I knew the person I was treating as NHS in a separate character. This can look as favouristm to others and can cause a disruption in roleplay as it would expel elements of surprises for example "Character A is a cop that knows a raid is about to happen on a gang, Character B (same player) is a member of a rival gang. Character B does not know about the raid, Character A is unable to tell someone else to tell Character B about the raid. Character A may not use Character B's vehicles or assets."

For G9.5 I misused my NHS role by giving my friend 25 armour from the NHS fund after reviving them. This alone with everything else is unacceptable as abusing roles may cause people to not respect the NHS as they should be and can similarly to G3.5, cause an alteration in roleplay for those involved. I fully understand why I have been banned and have accepted the consequences for my actions solely. After discussing the situation that unfolded it was clear to see that I had deliberately broken server rules without thinking about the consequences and a permanent ban was more than justifiable.

Why should we unban you ?: I am aware that the rules that I had broken including but not limited to meta gaming is a clear violation of the server rules that RPUK clearly sets out. I understand the negative impact this can have on the overall roleplay experience both for individuals and groups as well as fairness to players. It was a lapse in judgement on my part and I take full responsibility for my actions and the punishment that comes with it.

Over the past 6 months of being banned I am more than certain that I will not place myself in a situation like this again in the future and will fully adhere to the rules of the server. I have been part of the server for approximately a year (6 months at the time of the ban) and have found it very enjoyable for my first GTA V RP server and I would not look to go anywhere else. During this time I have made some good friends and have built positive relationships with many individuals and groups. I humbly apologise for jeopardizing these connections that I have built through my own actions.

I would be incredibly grateful for the opportunity to re-join the server and continue to contribute positively to the community. I would hope to be unbanned as I think I have a lot more to offer the community in and out of the city and would cherish my character even greater should that happen.

I understand that in the case of the armour this can cause a disruption to the economy of the server as I would be giving it to someone for free for them potentially to go forward to sell for X amount. If many people were to do this then the economy would be crippled and may never recover so I understand why the rule is there and understand the punishment for the actions.

This server holds great value to me as I have had great roleplay experiences from it. It is an immersive and engaging roleplay community which should be cherished by all and being banned 6 months ago I now fully realise that.
This server allows me to finish my day to day life out of the server to come on and be someone else and roleplay with people from around the globe and for that I deeply appreciate the community and the supporting staff.

I sincerely apologize for my actions and any inconvenience or disruption caused and hope to have the opportunity to make amends.

Bill
Thank you for considering my appeal.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Good afternoon @waizmilk, I hope all is well! 🙂

Firstly, I'd like to point out that I appreciate the effort behind this appeal as it does make the process a lot easier.
Although this is your first offence, we're looking at a lot of stacked up rules here... I'm honestly shocked for a member of a whitelisted faction to have taken things this far.

For G9.5 I misused my NHS role by giving my friend 25 armour from the NHS fund after reviving them.
Explain the armour misuse for me a little more please. We're looking for pure honesty throughout this appeal.
Is this the only time you've handed out armour?
How much armour do you usually take out on patrol with you?

Good afternoon Danoo,

All is well thank you how about yourself?

Many thanks for the swift reply it is greatly appreciated. 

Explain the armour misuse for me a little more please. We're looking for pure honesty throughout this appeal. Is this the only time you've handed out armour?

With full transparency I have done this previous times prior to this with ignorance of the rules based around the NHS. I understand your shock completely and I am disappointed in myself that it resulted in the way that it did as I envy the development and progression the group I was in has made within the city but I only have myself to blame for my actions. To conclude this in short, I deeply regret that this was not the first occasion I had done this. 

How much armour do you usually take out on patrol with you?

Religiously I would take out 3 pieces of armour from the NHS fund: One for myself, one for a patient should they require one and a spare just in case. Therefore taking out 25 was over the top and was a reckless use of the roles and whitelisting privileges of the NHS. Fully knowing what I was doing at the time is unacceptable and the ban placed was more than justifiable along with the other offences which I am not proud of - after my 6 month break I can fully understand and respect the severity of the rules that I had broken.

Good evening @waizmilk, thanks for the response and I am very well thank you! 🙂

You've mentioned that this is not the only occasion you've given away and it's been done previously.

Why did you give this armour away, was it for any specific reason? Were they friends of yours? Were they sold?

Good morning Danno, 

Hope you have a pleasant day ahead of you. 

Why did you give this armour away, was it for any specific reason? Were they friends of yours? 

I gave the armour away to my friends because armour at the time was very expensive due to us having a low amount of money as a collective and being able to get “free” armour from the NHS, I willingly gave my friends the armour to save them money, time getting the resources to make armour and time making the armour itself. There was no wars in the group I was in at the time therefore there was no group advantage - the armour was purely for personal usage and that only.

Were they sold?  

Truthfully, I was hoping some would get sold so that I’d be able to recuperate some money however in my honest belief none of the armour I had given away had even been sold and has only been used personally. 

It was an idiotic day for myself that I regret very much and would one hundred percent change my actions that day if I had the opportunity - however as we both know that’s impossible therefore, I can only hope to prove myself in the future. 

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of instances i would like to know a bit more about and want to know the how you did this. So:

On 8th June at 20:27:44 you withdrew 33 armor

On the 8th June at 20:30:03 - You withdrew 40 armor

On:

17th June at 22:02:57 you withdrew 39 armor 

17th June at 22:05:57 you withdrew another 50. 

Where was this going? did you have someone in a car waiting for it. How was this setup?

Good afternoon Charles, 

Thank you for the reply. 

The two separate dates you have mentioned I would have had the Tornado car to transport the armour from the NHS fund to my friend’s house. The vast amounts you can see are what would fit in the trunk and my inventory. 

In short, the where was it going? To my friend’s house similarly above, although that was my decision to do that and I should’ve thought about my own actions. 

Did I have someone set up in a car? No it was my own Tornado. My intentions are in my previous reply in terms of personal usage and or selling. 

How was this set up? Honestly, there was no militarised strategy or thought behind it. Obviously no thought. However, I would simply logon as NHS take out armour and then drive to my friend’s house for them to take it out. Once complete I just went back to Pillbox and logged out from that character. 

Having to write these replies allows me to further realise how stupid I sound and how stupid my mistakes were that day. This any anything else for that matter that goes against the rules set out I would surely avoid, intervene or report. I apologise deeply. 

Good evening @waizmilk, thanks for the response! 🙂

You were told multiple times during your NHS induction that you are not to sell or willingly give away any of the items for the armoury.
Why did you decide to ignore this to begin with? 

Good evening Danoo,

Thank you for the reply!

I decided to ignore this out of pure ignorance and care for the rules and with little respect for whoever conducted my induction as I clearly did not take on board what they was telling me even though it was crucial information. Due to it being an easy way of getting armour without having to put the effort in for it, it seemed like a no brainer at the time. However, reflecting on this for 6 months I realise that what I had done was wrong and disappointing. Not only to myself but to the group I was in and to the Staff team. I can only hope to prove and rectify my mistakes in the future. 

Good afternoon @waizmilk, thanks for the response! 🙂

Could you please walk me through the G3.1 part of your ban? What had sparked the metagaming to happen in the first place and why? 

Good afternoon Danoo, 

The metagaming section of my ban began when my friend had been downed by falling down a flight of stairs in the middle of the city down an alley. At the time my friend had a pistol on them and didn’t want to lose it so I logged into my NHS character to help them out after they asked via Discord. 

I knew this was wrong and against the rules but I still went ahead in reviving them in order to save their gear. I was caught when I couldn’t see my friend to revive them as they were stuck in a wall and I needed an admins help to get them unstuck so I was able to treat them. 

In hindsight I should’ve simply said no as it was blatantly against the rules and going forward I will. I regret my actions that day and wish I could change that day but unfortunately I can’t. I hope to prove myself through a second chance.  

Good afternoon @waizmilk, thanks for the response. 

If you're to be given another chance on the server it will come with some conditions:

1 Character which you pick will receive a full wipe (Bank, Cash, Inventory, Loadout, Houses, Cars, Licences etc), the other will be permanently deleted.
Do you accept these conditions and if so, which character would you like to keep? 

Good evening Danoo,

It is unfortunate the result of this has followed with further punishment that I was not expecting. I was hoping for a chance of redemption at this point to prove I can do right with Bill. 

Edit -
With all due respect and in the nicest way possible. Please could I have help in gaining a better understanding of this as I was not banned for G2.9 yet it seems that I am being punished for it in terms of wipe/deletion. G2.9 states “transferring money or items between your own characters is not allowed by any method.” 

G2.9 bans come with the following: 

Complete wipe of a character of your choosing. 
Deletion of all other characters except your chosen one

Many thanks in advance. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Good evening @waizmilk,

This appeal is currently being discussed. It will be updated ASAP 🙂

Good evening Danoo.

I hope you had a pleasant weekend.

Many thanks for the reply. I hope this is understandable from my perspective and I apologise for any inconveniences in advance.

Good afternoon @waizmilk! 🙂

Let's get this closed off... 
In terms of the character wipe, this will not be going ahead and was a mistake on my end - Apologies! 

As for the appeal overall, I am happy with your answers and it does appear that you seem regretful of your actions and have taken much accountability!
This is currently the only ban on your record and I do hope it remains this way! As per the FBS, any ban you receive within the next 6 months will be a permanent which will take you right back here to the appeals.

UNBANNED

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back