What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - xannyy - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

xannyy

Server: GTA RP
Character Name: Armando Garza
Steam ID: 76561198068184130
Ban ID (just the numbers): 16953
Ban Reason: (C2.3) Combat Logging
Why do you think you were banned: After carefully reading through the community rules, I believe I was banned for logging out whilst dead awaiting a medic. From what I have gathered, this is what is known as "Combat Logging", and is an extremely serious rule that has zero tolerance for ignorance. I if I had simply waited the 10 minutes to then respawn myself, I would not currently be banned. I am at fault as I had assumed that there would be no medical staff online at the time I was playing, and wanted to go to sleep instead of waiting out my punishment for dying. This was completely immature of me, and I believe that I was banned as a result of my own disregard for the community rules.
Why should we unban you: I am writing this appeal because I am new to the city and I want to take things seriously. I was ill-informed of the proper community rules because I failed to read them in their entirety. I had assumed my previous RP experience on the one other server that I have ever played would suffice, however this was ultimately my downfall. In my previous time playing RP, I was able to get away with logging out whilst dead when I knew there was no medical personal in the city, however it is now entirely evident to me that this is unacceptable behavior, and will result in a swift ban. I genuinely feel silly after taking the time to read the community rules, as I now realize how stupid it was for my actions to directly be in opposition of community rule "(C2.3) Combat logging".

I understand that unbans are not given out to everyone that makes an appeal, and I want to stress the importance of the fact that I was misinformed of the rules due to my negligence. Now that I am well aware of both the FiveM rules & community rules, I can guarantee that if I am given a second chance I will never combat log again, nor will I break any of the other rules in place on the server.

I am extremely disappointed with the way I handled things, however I feel as though a second chance may provide me with the opportunity to prove that I made a lapse of judgement due to my ignorance of the no-tolerance rule in place. As I mentioned above, I am new to the city as well as RP in general and want to take it very seriously. Although my time on the server has been short-lived (2 days), I see myself making a positive impact on the community in the long run, however I clearly still have a lot to learn.

Overall, this has been quite an opportunity for me to learn from my mistake. I have reviewed the city's rules in entirety, and am now well understood of the do's and don'ts of the community. What I did was an extremely silly mistake, of which I made at 5am (EST). Although I was not thinking straight due to my lack of sleep, this is not an excuse to break the community's strict guidelines. I hope to be unbanned so that I may demonstrate that this was a one time lapse of judgement, and not an overall disregard for the city or roleplay environment.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions, comments, or concerns, as I would love to make things proper.
Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Good morning @xannyy , I hope all is well? :)

I appreciate the detail and honesty throughout this appeal, it does indeed go a long way.
It's a shame that you had decided not to read the rules before joining and had gone with the assumption that this would be the same as other servers when we are a different community entirely.

What would benefit us by having you return here?
What quality roleplay could you provide?
What your plan within game if given another chance?

Good morning @xannyy , I hope all is well? :)

I appreciate the detail and honesty throughout this appeal, it does indeed go a long way.
It's a shame that you had decided not to read the rules before joining and had gone with the assumption that this would be the same as other servers when we are a different community entirely.

What would benefit us by having you return here?
What quality roleplay could you provide?
What your plan within game if given another chance?
Hi Danoo, thank you for your swift response time!

All is well, I hope all is well with you!

I will start by answers your questions, and then addressing my appeal overall.

I believe that I can add an appropriate amount of banter as well as seriousness in my RP role. The only community I had experienced before was completely unique in its own ways, however I took delicate time to understand its many intricacies. I understand there is an adequate amount of similarity between servers, however I failed to acknowledge the amount of time I needed to spend understanding this new environment here. That being said, I bring a somewhat new perspective, with my unique experience. I do believe that as an individual as well as an American, I bring a unique perspective to this community, and can make a broad impact on its diversity.

I understand this community appreciates a diverse group of individuals, and I would like to imagine that if I am able to return, I would be able to provide a serious, however comedic experience. I come from a Hispanic lineage, however I myself am only 25%. My character is a Hispanic individual, which I like to think is an adaptation of my Father if he were to go into the industry of gangs, guns, and drugs. To further elaborate why I have included this information in response, in the future, I plan to provide a unique character to UK RP. If I am given the chance, I will begin to work my way up in the business industry before my character slowly begins to realize the potential to financially boom through the gang lifestyle. One Armando is able to taste his first big score, he will slowly become influence by gang culture. Slowly, he turns into the type of individual that he thought he left behind in Mexico City, where he grew up.

Overall, I hope I was able to answer your questions in the best way possible.
As mentioned previously, please feel free to reach out with any other potential questions as I would love to set things straight if possible. My appeal may have come in quickly, however I have well thought out my potential unban and what I will do in the future to avoid this situation. I now can confidently say that I fully comprehend the rules, and I will not need a second chance. I apologize again, thank you.

Good evening @xannyy , thanks for the response!

Indeed that does clear up my questions, I do have hope that you'll be able to provide some quality roleplay if you do return here.
Originally, when you went down, you managed to hit the floor after being shot and logged out 10 seconds later... Was this due to rage or irritation at all? You did log out fairly quickly.

Oh, that's not exactly what happened from my perspective. I was about to sell some drugs to a local and as I hopped out of my vehicle, I was 1 punched by a "Saitama" local.
But yeah I think there was a certain level of misunderstanding present, and I had little patience left due to it being quite early in the morning :)

Overall, in full transparent honesty, if I was shot at by another member of the server, or even a local, I do sincerely apologize for breaking rule (C2.3). It was never my intent to disconnect mid combat, and although my intentions may have not been intended as harmful, I still managed to break the rules. For this, I deeply regret my actions and can solemnly swear an incident of this caliber will not occur again.

Last edited:
Good afternoon @xannyy , thanks for the response! :)

I can see you're still new here overall, I have to admit that this appeal is very strongly worded and it has gone in your favour!
From what I've read here, I am going to give you another chance on the server, please make sure you have a snoop back over our rules to ensure we don't get banned for something so avoidable moving forward!

As per our fair ban system, any ban you now receive within the next 6 months will be a permanent.
UNBANNED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back