What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - Zia - Community Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zia

Unban Appeal for Zia 

In-game Name: Gareth Adam

Server: Community Banned

Steam ID: 76561198190907306

Ban ID: !!rpuk11293!!

Reason given for your ban: C1.7 Common Sense

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: Back in early January of this year one of the developers was screen sharing something in a discord that was going to be added to the GTA Server sometime in the following weeks and I believed that it would be okay to screenshot said feature. This decision of mine was not very thought out and quite stupid.

Why should we unban you ?: Since January I have struggled to find another community quite like RPUK and I have since realized how special RPUK is to me and also to other people. I Believe in the last 10 months I've given myself since my ban I have greatly matured as a person and will not make the same silly and stupid mistake I made. It was not using common sense at all and was just me believing it would be perfectly acceptable to leak information like this that I now look back at being greatly idiotic. I Had never intended to cause any damage to this community and will hope if I were to be unbanned I would not make any more idiotic mistakes like I had done.

Before this ban I tried my best to stay in good graces with community and tried my hardest to abide by all community and game rules. I miss this community greatly and all the great roleplay situations I had in my time here. After I Was banned I thought it best to distance myself and not attempt to appeal sooner so I feel as though I have been properly punished for my foolish actions.

If I were to return I would most likely main Gareth Adam again because I never felt as though his story had a satisfying conclusion and I had always engaged in great roleplay and long drawn out scenarios and had always tried to give people a positive roleplay experience.

I promise to adhere by the rules and standards if given the opportunity to re-join the community. I Am aware that these Rules have punishments and I will do my best to not break them again. I Apologize for any damage I may of caused by this stupid decision.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Hello @Zia
Besides the instance from which you were banned: How many times have you leaked unfinished dev projects before?

Afternoon Drex.

Besides this I do not believe I have leaked anything else. This was I believe the only time I have ever been shown development projects and i had shared a couple screenshots to a friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning @Zia, I hope all is well! 🙂

I don't understand your intentions behind your actions?
You were trusted enough by a developer to be shown some of the work coming into the server, then decided to consciously break that trust and share it around...
Was it for your own personal gain? To show off?  

Morning @Danoo, Everything is okay, Hope your well.

To be 100% honest I had nothing to gain out of this. My entire thought process in this situation was "Oh this looks cool. I wonder what my friend would think of it" I had no intentions of Showing off or gaining anything out of it. I Understand that I destroyed the trust between me and the developer and I expressed my apologies to that same developer after the incident. I never intended for anything negative what so ever. I love the server and just saw a cool feature coming and quite frankly was not thinking before I did what I did. I Do apologize and I understand it wont be something that is easily forgiven or if it ever will. I know i should really think before my actions and in this situation i really wasn't. I Truly apologize.

How come it has took you so long to appeal?

Were you angry at Staff/Devs for banning you for this leak?

Did you think the grass was greener elsewhere?

Please do let us know

afternoon Liam, Hope you are doing okay.

As mentioned in the appeal i thought it best if i don't appeal soon after my ban. I've had chances to appeal and I didn't take them because I did not believe it would be appropriate to appeal right away. I Did admittedly at first feel a little uneasy about the situation and i thought i could take myself elsewhere but I quickly realized I have nobody to feel angry at other than myself for landing myself in this situation that was quite easily avoidable.

I Had also mentioned that i had tried other communities and only stayed within them for short amounts of time because I did not feel as though they could really do what RPUK did for me and that was a feeling from the community I cant quite explain. I Understand that sounds a little off but i quite frankly can not explain it. RPUK Was my first Roleplay community and I suppose it has a special place in my heart. After trying a fair few of these other servers i gave up and uninstalled FiveM and left it for a further Few Months. I'm back now because i feel like enough time has passed for me to put in this Appeal appropriately instead of not putting in an unban appeal straight away and not learn anything from the outcome of the incident.

and not learn anything from the outcome of the incident.
What have you learned from this incident?

I know in the post above you're truly apologetic, but how can we trust you, you've been caught once leaking, how do we know you haven't more times than this? 
To how many people did you leak stuff to? 

My ultimate question, why do you want to return? 

Afternoon Mike, Thank you for getting back to me.

What have you learned from this incident?
I Have learned that I do need to think carefully about decisions I make in the future and that what I did was wrong and I really should not of thought it will be okay and I obviously at the time was not thinking it would be a negative thing and that was certainly stupid of me. I Know I should of respected the trust that I had received from this Developer and I had broken that trust and I understand that I may never be trusted with such information again.

how do we know you haven't more times than this? 
To how many people did you leak stuff to? 
This was the only time. and only to 1 person. I Had been talking with them in discord at the time and was showed this in discord and got really exited. I showed them without thinking it all happened within a matter of minutes. Then as we know this person who I had shared it with further posted it in one of the RPUK Unofficial group discord servers and I had received the message off the developer whom showed it to me asking if I had been the one to had shown it originally. I Had no reason to lie then and I had no reason to lie now. I Know nothing good will come out of me being dishonest and it would of only landed me in more trouble if I had been. I understand that the staff team may be sceptical but I promise that this was the only incident and I just really messed up.

My ultimate question, why do you want to return? 
In the past 10 Months I have been thinking of RPUK. it is a place that has helped me make New friends. Helped with my anxiety when it comes to talking with strangers and helping me cope with situations that would of usually stressed me out in 2020. This community has always been very close to me and when I discovered it I was blown away by how at home I felt here. I have a lot of great memories and would love to make more. I Had spent 90% of my time in RPUK within the LSPS and it has also made me want to become police in real life and have been looking into ways to get into that line of work. RPUK has inspired me to do a lot and I really hope it will do more for me in the future. I also understand RPUK is a way for more people to escape real life dramas and issues. after all its a roleplaying community your hardly going to be yourself while you are here, I know I change myself quite a lot when I roleplay as Gareth Adam or my Civilian Character. And I enjoyed being apart of helping people escape those real dramas with roleplay. Its something that in early 2021 I would of found cringe and ridiculous but after it was introduced to me I have loved it ever since.

I Promise that I will be more careful in the future if given this second chance. But I do also understand that I will never be truly trusted and that the best I can do is assure you guys with RPUK that it will not happen again. This kind of thing can be very easily avoided if I just thought before I acted.

I hope to hear back soon, Thank You.

Good afternoon @Zia, thank you for your speedy responses!

After reviewing this appeal as a whole, I can see very clearly that you are sorry for your actions on that evening with a member of the Development Team.
You've been banned here for a long time now following this, and I believe you've had time to think about your actions, learn from them and start moving forward.

I am willing to give you another shot on the server, and the Developer who's work you leaked is more than happy for you to return here!
You've been on the server for a while and by what I've seen provide some good quality roleplay, however something spotted by me towards the end before your ban is your roleplay standards had dropped at points... Those points being when you were hanging around a certain friend group within Police.
Just a polite reminder to keep your standards at a high, please do not let others change the way you roleplay as it would be a really big disappointment to see them drop again.

Any ban you receive within the next 6 months will send you straight back here and it will likely be much harder for you to return from another appeal.
Welcome back!

UNBANNED

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back