What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Unban Appeal - zycho - GTARP

Status
Not open for further replies.

zycho

Unban Appeal for zycho 

In-game Name: zycho bellingham

Server: GTARP

Steam ID: 76561198368545234

Ban ID: !!rpuk15028!!

Reason given for your ban: c1.7 chat ban

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: i was banned for typing a word forbidden on the server.

Why should we unban you ?: I respawned at paleto got a phone and put a message saying hello you f.. I know this was silly of me but there was no malicious intent behind it, I can understand why the server have these auto bans in place and i can ensure you that this would not happen again. i just ask that staff look at the context of the situation and allow me to come back to the server.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell us what the context?

This was a message to the ballas group chat,  sometimes we like to have a laugh with each other and piss around calling each other names without crossing the line. for example calling someone gay with no malicious intent in the server is allowed. It is such a touchy subject and I feel like as long as we have boundaries and no malicious intent is intended words like this could be used in roleplay. obviously not all words are the same and after opening a ticket staff have made it clear that such words like the one i used is not acceptable.  This was put in the ballas private group chat, if someone from the group chat had an issue with me saying such words they would address this to me and i would apologise and stop. 

Thank you for taking the time to look into my appeal and I can not express how annoying and frustrating it is to be back here and can only apologies for having to deal with my appeal again.

Good evening, @zycho! I hope all is well other than the above 🙂

The thing I fail to understand is you are a long term player here, I can say for certain that you are more than aware words such as these are a clear breach of C1.2!
I find it so difficult to understand why you'd send this even within a private group chat (Yes I have read your explanation above).

Looking at your previous appeal, these were the conditions given to you:

If you are caught breaking any sort of rule within 6 months, you'll be given a 6 month cooldown.

If you are caught breaking any sort of rule after the 6 months but still within a 12 month period, you'll be given a 3 month cooldown.

If you are banned within the next 6 months, the ban will automatically be permanent. 

Please, please go through even greater lengths not to end up being banned again, well, I don't need to explain what would happen given your restrictions.
I am willing to give you a another chance. 
Why have you appealed, knowing these are your conditions? 

Hello @Danoo

Thank you for taking the time to read my appeal. To start with the word I used to my understanding was okay to use within roleplay, unless asked to stop by someone who may find the word offensive.  I also found out the hard way that the auto ban does not only work for ooc chat but any text you type in game which is understandable. Without trying to sound like I am making excuses I will try explain the reason behind it. Me and a few of the boys like to unwind and have a laugh when on the server, this can range from calling each other sexy, mess around and call each other names without crossing the line. This was just such a stupid choice of words to use at the time and I can not express enough that there was no malicious intent.

I hope you can understand my mistake and can take into consideration the mitigating factors that no malicious intent was intended and that my actions were only me rping with my friends. With this I hope you can understand why I have put an appeal in early.  

Thank you for giving me the time to explain myself even with my conditions @Danoo

Good morning, @zycho!

I'm going to let you proceed with this appeal for now, keeping in mind that you do still technically have a 6 month cooldown as per Mike's conditions.

Explain to me why you think it's appropriate to begin ranting in the groups Discord following your ban? 
Let me quote one of the many things you typed: "The double standards in the server is shocking and the police have been sorted but staff clearly havent changed".

You're moaning about staff members not changing, yet now you're coming to us for an appeal after ranting so openly.
Could you explain this in more detail for me, please?

Hello @Danoo Thank you for such a quick response and allowing me to continue with this appeal

So moving to my group messages before I went to groups I opened a ticket and explained what had happened and the context behind it, from here I was met with staff saying I wonder why which I can understand you probably see this all the time and get the same stupid excuses.

From here I then get told I have a 6 month cool down, this is where I compose myself and leave the ticket in a respectful manner. I then get DMs from others asking if I'm banned as you can imagine news spreads fast, 6 months is a very long time and I don't want to sound like a pick me but I felt like if I didn't say anything in groups I would of been forgotten about and dusted under the carpet for 6 months without even giving me a chance to explain myself. I did not mean to cause a row in groups nor did I mean to come up disrespectful towards staff,  sometimes I have a poor choice of words and I would like to apologise to staff for my lack of restraint in groups lately. 

Thank you  

Hello @zycho.

Now i can see, well we can see you have at least tried to put some effort into this appeal and we appreciate it. 

We had what i had hoped was a constructive conversation between yourself, Dwayne and me. At the end of it i would say we left it at atleast an understanding on where we came from and your concerns that you had at the time. You seemed understanding and i had hoped you understood what i expected after this.

Sadly you fell short of this mark and i am left disappointed.. Consistency is key in this case - both from yourself and us.
This appeal will be denied and cooldown applied. You can appeal this ban in 6 months from the ban date and would be; 10/06/2024

DENIED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back