What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

unconnected's setup

unconnected

I guess I'll go first then.

Specs:

OS: Windows 7 (I don't like windows 8 for multiple displays :( )

CPU: Intel i7 4770K oc'd to 4.2 GHz

Motherboard: Asus Maximus Formula VII

RAM: Corsair 16GB Platinum Dominator 2 x 8 Kit (I have 2 more 8GB modules but I can't fit them yet)

Cooler: Noctua DH-14 (I have a DH-15 I need to swap it with to fit my extra ram modules)

GPU: 2 x Asus Strix Geforce 980 4GB in SLI

Display: 6 x Dell U2312HM + 1 Pioneer 5090 50" Plasma TV, Occulus Rift DK1

HDD: 512GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Samsung 840 Evo, 2 x 11TB Network Drives

PSU: XFX 1250W Black Edition

Network Card: Intel PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Card (teamed for 2GB/s)

Case: Corsair 900D

HDMI Capture: Avermedia Live Gamer Portable and ExtremeCap U3

Mixer: Behringer Xenyx X1204USB

Webcam: 2 x Logitech 920

Keyboard: Corsair K90 with Red Keycaps from K70, Logitech K400

Mouse: Logitech G700s

Headset: Sennheiser PC360 G4ME

Speakers: Logitech Garbage

Gamepad: Xbox 360 pad, Razer Hydra

q5HYxVJ.jpg

w3SwyJs.png

The rest of my setup is as follows:

File Storage Server: Windows Server 2012 R2, i5 4570T, Supermicro X10SLQ, 16GB Kingston Hyper-X, 120GB 840 EVO SSD, Intel PRO/1000 PT Quad Port, Hitachi 4TB 7K400 x 4, 4TB WD GREEN x 6. 2 Storage Pools of 10.9TB each and 2 hotback up 4TB drives. Corsair 200R

Streaming PC: Windows 8.1, i7 2600K 4.5GHz, Asus Maximus Gene-Z, 780GTX SLI, 16GB Vengeance, 120GB+500GB 840 EVO SSD, Avermedia Live Gamer HD, Intel PRO/1000 PT Dual Port, Corsair 200R

Hyper-V Box: Windows Server 2012 R2, i7 2600K 4.5GHz, Asus Maximus Gene-Z, 32GB Vengeance, 120GB+500GB 840 EVO SSD, Intel PRO/1000 PT Quad Port, Corsair 200R

Router: pfSense 2.1.5, i5 3470T, Intel Q77kb, 8GB Vengeance SODIMM, 120GB 840 EVO SSD. Zen VDSL Business, Akasa Galileo Thin ITX Passive

Windows Domain Controller: i3 4130T, Asus Q87T, 8GB Vengeance SODIMM, 120GB 840 EVO SSD, Akasa Galileo Thin ITX Passive

Switch: HP Procurve 2810

Consoles: Xbox One, PS4 (with XIM4, I'm a cheater I know), Wii U and PS Vita (for PS4 remote play when I'm away from home).

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, I'm an IT consultant who works from home a lot. So having lots of monitors for KVM'd laptops or remote terminals is a boon. Plus it means I can do NVidia surround gaming while watching a stream and being able to see if my boss pings me on lync :)

I'll take it off your hands for ten bob and half a snickers bar?

I don't like snickers :( if you can get your hands on one of those old "secret" chocolate bars which were like a nest made of chocolate then we can talk (I might be showing my age a bit here).

The other webcam is on the TV for times when I can't be arsed to do a video call with my PC. I'm not an adult entertainer honest! :D

Good lord sir, that setup is ridiculous, but how do you put up with such a tiny desk?

My setup is shit, my desk however is sexy as fuck.

This is the cable management behind the desk: http://i.imgur.com/UU5ZyMf.jpg

Lots of hdmi splitters, hdmi audio extractors and hdmi audio embedders, a XIM4 and KVM for it is just out of shot above. These are all so I can record/stream my gameplay on my streaming box and so I can play my consoles on my TV and monitor (for the XIM4 keyboard and mouse).

I spent all my money on the hardware and the desk was an after thought, I used to have the best ghetto desk anywhere - stacked boxes with a folded up trestle table on top :)

When I move I'm going to get a much nicer desk and then I'll stick all my servers in a rack.

I just got a technological hardon, and looked at my wallet, and with a sigh, it reminded me that it was empty, and it could no longer take any abuse, at which point it walked out of the door . i cri evri taim.

I've got the same mixer! Apart from the microphone, you win!

I'm not falling for that. It's clear to me you're actually a webcam stripper.

I've always been a "leave the sound card till last" kind of guy and always spent my cash on other hardware upgrades. But the time has come and I've got a free pcie lane so I'd like to join the #studiogradeaudiomasterrace that I see guys like George and Stoneman are a member of.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? What do I need for a decent microphone on a stand (a preamp, where does that connect?) and what is a good sound card for this sort of thing (and gaming if possible).

Holy fuck shit cakes. If you're looking to throw your other ram modules in then get a new motherboard that supports 4 sticks. Really nice setup!

I just have 3 words for that unconnected "it's fucking beautiful".

I'm jealous of most of the set ups as I just run on an msi laptop lol

Back