What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Update Roadmap

Status
Not open for further replies.

FragstarGames

Brief Summary: Update Roadmap

Detailed Suggestion: Now take this as i mean it as i know the devs works tirelessly and i thank them for all the work they do for what we currently have and i just want to suggest an idea that may benefit them as well as us. Would it be a good idea to have a roadmap for upcoming updates? It doesnt have to say a specific release date but to give the players a rough idea of what is coming within the year. The main reason for suggesting this would be to stop multiple of the same suggestions, the same questions asked all the time and to also give the player just an idea of what is to come. Not only would that help devs and staff with the same suggestions over and over but it would keep us the player excited on what is to come to the server. This could be on a seperate page on the website or discord.

The Pros: Keeps the player informed and excited on what is to come, Stops devs and staff having questions about potential updates, stops multiple of the same suggestions.

The Cons: Ruins the surprise 😉

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ? no

Can see this being denied due to Devs never wanting to create promise for a certain feature addition or update in general. It's always been said any project can be scrapped at anytime so it will just lead to more work/pressure for both the Devs are staff team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can see this being denied due to Devs never wanting to create promise for a certain feature addition or update in general. It's always been said any project can be scrapped at anytime so it will just lead to more work/pressure for both the Devs are staff team.
I see what your saying and thats fair I was thinking of more for features that were close to completion or were 100% happening i know ive said in the suggestion it could be through out the year but that could be changed to per month as updates are pushed quite regularly so they could be added that sort of thing i didnt mean like if they thought of an idea right this second they would put it on there it would only be for things that are either 100% or extremely close to being done

the issue is devs are voluntary so they can't be forced to work on something. Thus Dev goes to recon "can I do this" if its not on their sheet of stuff to add or they just do something in their sheet. Therefore every update is random depending on what they have done. I also believe it's unfair to make a roadmap as devs aren't paid thus they have to dedicate more time then they already are to meet deadlines

I see what your saying and thats fair I was thinking of more for features that were close to completion or were 100% happening i know ive said in the suggestion it could be through out the year but that could be changed to per month as updates are pushed quite regularly so they could be added that sort of thing i didnt mean like if they thought of an idea right this second they would put it on there it would only be for things that are either 100% or extremely close to being done
this still wouldn't work since as stated they cna be scrapped or dropped at any moment. or could be near but in reality still lots of work like the clothing update the base is there however every clothing has to be checked that's a good few hours even after update done

+ push 

please do. I am currently back in the suggestion section and I can remember a lot of suggestions already made but I have no clue if they being looked at, just disappear in the nirvana of the forum or anything

furthermore, the most recent response should be up in the list of threads, isnt that default normally? 

Brief Summary: Update Roadmap

Detailed Suggestion: Now take this as i mean it as i know the devs works tirelessly and i thank them for all the work they do for what we currently have and i just want to suggest an idea that may benefit them as well as us. Would it be a good idea to have a roadmap for upcoming updates? It doesnt have to say a specific release date but to give the players a rough idea of what is coming within the year. The main reason for suggesting this would be to stop multiple of the same suggestions, the same questions asked all the time and to also give the player just an idea of what is to come. Not only would that help devs and staff with the same suggestions over and over but it would keep us the player excited on what is to come to the server. This could be on a seperate page on the website or discord.

The Pros: Keeps the player informed and excited on what is to come, Stops devs and staff having questions about potential updates, stops multiple of the same suggestions.

The Cons: Ruins the surprise 😉

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ? no
It might not be exactlly what you were looking for but it is something

It might not be exactlly what you were looking for but it is something
Do you know what mate thats perfect! and its nice to be listend to as well 🙂 I was never looking for definitive answers on what was coming but a slight insight to wwhat you guys are working on. I get things change and get scrapped but its just gives us some insight to what you guys are working hard on and its just some small communication between devs and players so thank you of this!! 

Rejected - As stated above, giving a roadmap of features is just not something we would do. Many times we get inspiration here and there for features and want the creative freedom to develop what we think will enhance the server, we don't want to be stuck to a rigid structure of what we have to develop because we promised it to the community. That being said, there may be some ways into the future that members of the community will be able to see what we are working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back