What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Upgrade for Arma 3

VikRambo

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Specs: 8GB Ram

GTX 970X Nvida graphics,

Intel i5-4690k - default clocking..

Pls what to upgrade to get better fps and general performance in Arma?

Arma 3 is that kind of game that isn't well optimized so to run in really high settings you have to have both on a good level. But if you play other games too and wan't high FPS I suggest a videocart. But for arma you have to upgrade both. *this is what I think. I'm not an expert don't blame me*

Specs: 8GB Ram

GTX 970X Nvida graphics,

Intel i5-4690k - default clocking..

Pls what to upgrade to get better fps and general performance in Arma?
You should be more or less able to run it fairly well since you're already on the Intel/nVidia platform. 16GB of RAM wouldn't go amiss, as well as an SSD.

What sort of storage are you using at the moment? Overclocking your CPU should be massively hard, it's just changing a multiplier of the baseclock in your BIOS.

i.e. if you're at 3.5 Ghz, it'll be 100x35, change that to 38 and you're on 3.8GHz. Though i'd avoid doing it with the stock intel cooler. It's not great, and isnt rated to run at higher tdp.

You should be more or less able to run it fairly well since you're already on the Intel/nVidia platform. 16GB of RAM wouldn't go amiss, as well as an SSD.

What sort of storage are you using at the moment? Overclocking your CPU should be massively hard, it's just changing a multiplier of the baseclock in your BIOS.

i.e. if you're at 3.5 Ghz, it'll be 100x35, change that to 38 and you're on 3.8GHz. Though i'd avoid doing it with the stock intel cooler. It's not great, and isnt rated to run at higher tdp.
I'm a bit scared of the whole overclocking thing, I even got a new fan for it but I've been told if you mess it up, you can get a dead CPU. 

I can snag up a SSD and 16gb ram I guess...

I'm a bit scared of the whole overclocking thing, I even got a new fan for it but I've been told if you mess it up, you can get a dead CPU. 

I can snag up a SSD and 16gb ram I guess...
Overclocking used to be bit of a gamble when playing with voltages. It's now very very very easy with unlocked multipliers. you should boot up into your bios and just have a look through the options and see if you can see the CPU Multiplier option. Some gamer-orientated mobos will give you the option to just one-click overclock the memory and CPU without you having to do anything else. 

Back